PDA

View Full Version : A Good Deal?

SpydrMan
03-17-2011, 06:06 AM
After some searching around my area I have found (at least I think) are some good deals. There is a dealer that only charges $99 dealer fee. No freight charge & free set-up. They are also offering on a 2011 RS SM5 $1000 in accessories "or" a 5 year premier warranty. This will be my first motorcycle purchase & I'm wondering how much should I offer off MSRP? It is listed at $16,499. Not sure of the mark up on a Can-Am, so don't want to go in blindly. Is the 5 year premiere warranty any good? Sorry for all the questions...just wanted to ask the experts before I make the plunge:ohyea:

docdoru
03-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Go to West Coast PowerSports in Clearwater. They have the best mechanics :thumbup:

stormtrooper
03-17-2011, 06:34 AM
Do not know how much you really can get off on a 2011 model because they just came out a few months ago :dontknow: but the warranty is something I would take or purchase for sure.:thumbup:

jimclarkf1
03-17-2011, 07:02 AM
top of the list would be the 5 yr plan, I have it. and that price sounds good for a BRAND NEW 2011, let us know, what you pic, color and details. :lecturef_smilie:

boborgera
03-17-2011, 07:08 AM
After some searching around my area I have found (at least I think) are some good deals. There is a dealer that only charges $99 dealer fee. No freight charge & free set-up. They are also offering on a 2011 RS SM5 $1000 in accessories "or" a 5 year premier warranty. This will be my first motorcycle purchase & I'm wondering how much should I offer off MSRP? It is listed at $16,499. Not sure of the mark up on a Can-Am, so don't want to go in blindly. Is the 5 year premiere warranty any good? Sorry for all the questions...just wanted to ask the experts before I make the plunge:ohyea:

Get the Warranty , One question is that the 'BEST WARRANTY'' or some other dealer warranty?:dontknow:

docdoru
03-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Note: since March 2010 there is no BRP extended warranty in FL. :(

xpeschon
03-17-2011, 07:56 AM
docdoru has been around a bit, he's the LEADER of the Huligan's,, I'd lisen to him SpydrMa if he recommends a dealership thats for sure... docdoru like to keep it SHORT and to the point...

X-Joe

docdoru
03-17-2011, 08:08 AM
docdoru has been around a bit, he's the LEADER of the Huligan's,, I'd lisen to him SpydrMa if he recommends a dealership thats for sure... docdoru like to keep it SHORT and to the point... X-Joe
Huligans are organized without a central authority, without one leader and it should be in a way that we recreate a model for Spyder Ryders worldwide. :thumbup:

xpeschon
03-17-2011, 08:14 AM
:bowdown:
Huligans are organized without a central authority, without one leader and it should be in a way that we recreate a model for Spyder Ryders worldwide. :thumbup:

sabunim5
03-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Note: since March 2010 there is no BRP extended warranty in FL. :(
What does that say about the validity of those of us that purchased our extended warranty in 2008? My dealer has not said anything about my extended warranty no longer being valid. I assume they are honoring those already sold, but no issuing any more. Any idea what the reason is. :dontknow:

SpydrMan
03-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Go to West Coast PowerSports in Clearwater. They have the best mechanics :thumbup:

That's the dealer that I'm going to use. Not sure though was is covered in the "premier" warranty? Still up in the air with the manual or automatic RS:dontknow:

docdoru
03-17-2011, 04:17 PM
What does that say about the validity of those of us that purchased our extended warranty in 2008? My dealer has not said anything about my extended warranty no longer being valid. I assume they are honoring those already sold, but no issuing any more. Any idea what the reason is. :dontknow:
Still valid until expired or the bike is sold.

That's the dealer that I'm going to use. Not sure though was is covered in the "premier" warranty? Still up in the air with the manual or automatic RS:dontknow:
IMHO I will go with RS SE5 (is your first bike, right?), $1,000 in accesories intalled by the dealer and shop for an out of state BRP warranty. :popcorn:

sealfloorboards
03-17-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm considering trading my '09 RS SE5 with under 7,000 mi., Seal FloorBoard, Lee Bailey 25" windshield, HeliBar 5" risers and an LED license plate cover for a 2010 RTS SE5 (black) with 16,000. BRP GPS. CB , tires in good shape, cover and completely gone thru and serviced. This is a very well knownn and respected dealer. Great rep. He wants $10,000. and my bike. Does this sound like a good deal? Although I live a long way from him, he has a wonderful service rep. and is known to many of you. I'd appreciate any thoughts you all might have.

Thanks,

john
Seal FloorBoards

docdoru
03-17-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm considering trading my '09 RS SE5 with under 7,000 mi., Seal FloorBoard, Lee Bailey 25" windshield, HeliBar 5" risers and an LED license plate cover for a 2010 RTS SE5 (black) with 16,000. BRP GPS. CB , tires in good shape, cover and completely gone thru and serviced. This is a very well knownn and respected dealer. Great rep. He wants $10,000. and my bike. Does this sound like a good deal? Although I live a long way from him, he has a wonderful service rep. and is known to many of you. I'd appreciate any thoughts you all might have.

Thanks,

john
Seal FloorBoards
$5,000 and your bike and sign the papers. :thumbup: