PDA

View Full Version : "ELEPHANT ROCKS RIDE --- ITINERARY !

owens9fingers
03-16-2011, 05:59 PM
This is our itinerary for Spyder Fest -- "Elephant Rocks Ride" :

“ Elephant Rocks Ride ”

------------- “ORANGE RIDE ROUTE” --------------

When: 29 April @ 9 :15am

Where: Leave from “The Fairgrounds” / “Hood Park”, Cuba, Mo.

Who: “Ride Leaders” = “ 9 Fingers” (Gary) & “Spiderwoman” ( Peggy)

Approximate Route Time: 6 Hours – Which includes Breaks / Lunch / Visit Time

----------“ Route Schedule” ---------

* Leave @ 9:15am w/ Full Fuel Tank / Maps / Route Schedule

An “AIR HORN” with be sounded 10 min. before leaving each stop!

· Leave from Hood Park – South on Rt. 19 to Steelville – Take Rt. 8 to Potosi – Turn south on 21 & stop @ Walmart - ( 1 hour trip )-- (1st Pee Stop – 30 min.) (Air Horn!)

· Go south on Rt.21 (30 min.) to “Elephant Rocks State Park” –Rt. 21, Ironton, Mo. 63650
( Latitude; 37 deg. 39.053’ / Longitude: -91 deg. 18.59’ ) This stop will be about 1 to 1 ½ hr. long.

(There will be drinks provided by “Spyder Fest” at this location.)

* Option #1: Leave w/ “9 Fingers” @ 11:30 for Lunch / Visit Gun Shops

* Option #2: Leave w/ “Spiderwoman” @ 12:00 for Lunch / Visitor Center

· Go south (8 min) to Lunch @ “Baylee Jo’s Bar-B-Q (Ironton) Hwy. 21– Ironton, MO.

Then (5 min) South to Arcadia Gun Shop (Highways 21 & 72 – Arcadia, Mo.)

…. Or …. Norma’s Guns ……(534 N. Main – Ironton, MO.)

(Make sure you “Fill Up w/ Fuel” at one of these stops for the Return Trip !)

* Leave for Return Trip = @ 1:30 … Meet at “Baylee Jo’s !

------ Listen for Air Horn !! -----

Back track … head North on Rt. 21 back to Rt. 32 – Turn Left & head west to Bixby – At junction 32/49 – Turn North on Rt.49 and go to Viburnum – Stop @ “Viburnum Bowl” (Last Pee Stop) on Right side of Rt. 49. (30 min. stop)---- (“Air Horn!”)

Stay on Rt. 49 - Go to Steelville – Then take Rt. 19 North back to “Fairgrounds” / “Hood Park” …. We’re HOME!! See you later at one of the Restaurants !!

Thank You for Riding With Us ……. Now … NAP TIME !!

* EMERGENCY Phone # 800-258-6898 or 314-623-4743

2NFrnt
03-16-2011, 06:43 PM
What!!! no pics???

owens9fingers
03-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Hey......... I've only got 9 fingers!! :roflblack:

Trickie Dick
03-16-2011, 08:43 PM
On one hand:yikes: :roflblack:

Painter Dan
03-16-2011, 08:55 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

owens9fingers
03-17-2011, 07:54 AM
Hey........ why are you guys pickin' on me?? I'm a very sensitive guy!! :p

xpeschon
03-17-2011, 08:40 AM
If I wasn't running the Capital Run I would tag on this one.. Its gonna be good folks..

X-Joe

murphybrown
03-17-2011, 08:57 AM
[QUOTE=owens9fingers;295107]This is our itinerary for Spyder Fest -- "Elephant Rocks Ride" :

“ Elephant Rocks Ride

Thank You for Riding With Us ……. Now … NAP TIME

Thank you for organizing this ryde and sending out this schedule. I have printed and added to my Spyderfest "folder". Again thanks. :2thumbs:

owens9fingers
03-17-2011, 09:09 AM
If I wasn't running the Capital Run I would tag on this one.. Its gonna be good folks..

X-Joe

Joe.......... Dump your ride and go with us! :yikes: Just kidding..... 'The Capital Ride" is a good one as well. :thumbup: Missouri has so many great roads to ride....... it's hard to see them all! Looking forward to seeing you at SpyderFest! :2thumbs:

owens9fingers
03-17-2011, 09:15 AM
[QUOTE=owens9fingers;295107]This is our itinerary for Spyder Fest -- "Elephant Rocks Ride" :

“ Elephant Rocks Ride

Thank You for Riding With Us ……. Now … NAP TIME

Thank you for organizing this ryde and sending out this schedule. I have printed and added to my Spyderfest "folder". Again thanks. :2thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing you there...........and have a safe trip!

pitbull
03-17-2011, 10:10 AM
You guys are funny:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: I want go on this ryde myself:yikes:

2NFrnt
03-17-2011, 07:39 PM
You guys are funny:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: I want go on this ryde myself:yikes:

Hey Len, just imagine how much fun it would be if you and I both could be on it!!! :D Ol' Ninefingers wouldn't have a chance....:roflblack:

Sam

owens9fingers
03-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Hey Len, just imagine how much fun it would be if you and I both could be on it!!! :D Ol' Ninefingers wouldn't have a chance....:roflblack:

Sam

Ok boys............. If you really want to go.... I could use some road guards. :ohyea:

2NFrnt
03-17-2011, 08:32 PM
OK, I'll get the 9Fingers part right this time...now a "Road Guard" is that something like a mud flap???:hun:

Len and I would rather "shake the trees" so you can "rake the leaves" coming up the rear..of course we could stop traffic for you too...:D

But seriously, you know my story, so sorry...:(

ArmyJoe
03-17-2011, 08:49 PM
mmmmm, gun shops... http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=386&pictureid=6581

pitbull
03-17-2011, 10:03 PM

Sam man I want so much to be on the rydes have too have too make one of them....wish u were ryden with us.

OK, I'll get the 9Fingers part right this time...now a "Road Guard" is that something like a mud flap???:hun:

Len and I would rather "shake the trees" so you can "rake the leaves" coming up the rear..of course we could stop traffic for you too...:D

But seriously, you know my story, so sorry...:( shaken trees...... Is setho and doc rollen with us or what on that one Gary, if the huligan crew make your ride with you I bet all the time frames get moved up atleast and hour lol:roflblack::roflblack:

owens9fingers
03-18-2011, 06:26 AM

But seriously, you know my story, so sorry...:(

Mud Flaps ??? Hey... that's something you need on your bike..... along with some Pom-Poms around your windsheild, and a pair of fuzzy dice would be nice too!! I think Len can order those for you !! :roflblack:

owens9fingers
03-18-2011, 06:31 AM
mmmmm, gun shops... http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=386&pictureid=6581

Oh.... I think you will like this one. Lots of guns to choose from! This place has a little bit of everything! BTW..... love that little icon on this quote.

owens9fingers
03-18-2011, 06:41 AM
man I want so much to be on the rydes have too have too make one of them....wish u were ryden with us.

shaken trees...... Is setho and doc rollen with us or what on that one Gary, if the huligan crew make your ride with you I bet all the time frames get moved up atleast and hour lol:roflblack::roflblack:

Well if Doc and Setho come along......... no worries about security! :2thumbs: Plus... they will probably be the first ones at the gun shop! :doorag:

pitbull
03-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Well if Doc and Setho come along......... no worries about security! :2thumbs: Plus... they will probably be the first ones at the gun shop! :doorag:
first to leave, first to the rocks, first to ribbs, first back to cuba....they will proably have enough time to run it twice:2thumbs::doorag::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

owens9fingers
03-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Hey Gang..... It's getting closer !! :clap: Spiderwoman and I are planning on riding the route next week to make sure they didn't straighten out the roads. :yikes: Just wanted to let you know that we should hear soon if we will have any discount coupons for this ride. ie Food / Guns & Ammo)
Looking forward to riding with you !! :ohyea:

Painter Dan
03-27-2011, 10:32 PM
first to leave, first to the rocks, first to ribbs, first back to cuba....they will proably have enough time to run it twice:2thumbs::doorag::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:Funny

Pandy
03-27-2011, 11:01 PM
We are planning to be in Missouri the first 2 weeks of July, in Moberly to be exact, and this sounds like a ride to take. I suppose the area has recovered pretty well from the Taum Sauk disaster? I have many fond (and intoxicated) memories of Johnson Shut Ins and Elephant Rocks park. We will be with you all in spirit, and also plan a ride to Cuba probably in route to Moberly. Considering coming up US 63 out of Memphis/Arkansas and it's not too far a detour. And now, back to the thread.

Patrick

owens9fingers
03-29-2011, 06:47 AM
We are planning to be in Missouri the first 2 weeks of July, in Moberly to be exact, and this sounds like a ride to take. I suppose the area has recovered pretty well from the Taum Sauk disaster? I have many fond (and intoxicated) memories of Johnson Shut Ins and Elephant Rocks park. We will be with you all in spirit, and also plan a ride to Cuba probably in route to Moberly. Considering coming up US 63 out of Memphis/Arkansas and it's not too far a detour. And now, back to the thread.

Patrick

Pandy..... Wish you could ride with us, but it's a great ride no matter when you can do it! Johnson Shut Ins has opened and Elephant Rocks is still as unique and awsome as before! Your route sounds like a fun one.... have a safe ride. :2thumbs:

pitbull
04-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Gary I hear there are some cool things comming together on your ryde rout. Like your going to be in the movies!?!? Or something:doorag:

SpyderRyderTV
04-03-2011, 11:25 AM
:ohyea: Thank You for Riding With Us ……. Now … NAP TIME !! I like this part of the ride :2thumbs:

owens9fingers
04-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Gary I hear there are some cool things comming together on your ryde rout. Like your going to be in the movies!?!? Or something:doorag:
You heard right Len............ There are a couple of cool deals that we got confirmed this week. :clap:
First..... Chris, the owner of "Baylee Jo's Barbecue" will have a High-tech Video camera installed with a 3x7 ft. screen for viewing. He will be taking movies of our group as we come into Ironton and will hav eus on camera while we eat at his place. Should be great fun to watch! :ohyea: Plus he will have "SpyderFest" Special to offer for lunch. Will let you know what it is in the near future.
Second......... We found out that "Arcadia Sporting Goods" will be providing a 10% Discount on all Gun / Ammo / and Leather Goods the entire week of SpyderFest!! Just tell him your attending SpyderFest.
They will work with all customers who will need guns shipped out of state. I hated to leave that place, but.... :shemademe_smilie:

owens9fingers
04-03-2011, 02:17 PM
:ohyea: Thank You for Riding With Us ……. Now … NAP TIME !! I like this part of the ride :2thumbs:

I'm glad someone else likes that part as well !! :coffee:

owens9fingers
04-04-2011, 11:15 AM
When I learn to post pictures on here I'll be showing you some of the scenery on the "Elephant Rocks Ride". Spiderwoman and I rode the route this last weekend to finalize a few things. No matter how many times we ride that route........ it never gets old!

owens9fingers
04-16-2011, 04:20 PM
It's Friday morning..... the 29th of April @ 0915 am !! :clap:
You should have downed your PANCAKES and filled your:spyder2: too !!
LET"S RIDE ....:ohyea:

Here are your first set of pictures..... Leaving from "HOOD PARK".

pitbull
04-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Gary, it all looks great! Going to be a great, road that way a bit yesterday for a second.... In spare one that I borrowed from some other thing I was suppose to be doing lol! The hills are alive and it's going to be beautiful ryde. Can't wait to see all the spyders every where.

Lamonster
04-17-2011, 08:45 AM
I have 9.9 according to the doctors report. :D

pitbull
04-17-2011, 09:17 AM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:lamont that was funny..... I think:gaah::opps:

Mo Lee
04-17-2011, 09:40 AM
I have 9.9 according to the doctors report. :D
Lamont I guess that is three things we have in common.

pitbull
04-17-2011, 09:58 AM
No offens!!! But do not want to join your alls little club:yikes:

owens9fingers
04-17-2011, 05:52 PM
No offens!!! But do not want to join your alls little club:yikes:
Hey Len............ If you join ....you can do the "Three Finger Wave" when you meet fellow Spyder Riders ...... It's easy ..:yikes:..See !

owens9fingers
04-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Ok..... here we go again. :ohyea: We left Hood Park, and now we are on our way to Steelville.."The Floating Capital of Missouri". This area of Missouri has some of the best Canoeing in the Midwest ! :thumbup:

"Ozark Outdoors" is located in Leasburg -- (5 mi. from Cuba) and provides floating, camping and cabins along Missouri's Meramec, Courtis, and Huzzah Rivers. They are also big supporters of "SpyderFest". They will be providing a 10% Discount Coupon in addition to the 25% Discount for any Canoeing, Kayaking, or River Rafting trips during the week. :clap:

Here is their link: http://www.ozarkoutdoors.net/contact.html (http://www.ozarkoutdoors.net/contact.html)

Some other Outfitters are: Bass River Resort & The Huzzah Valley Resort that are located off Hwy. 19 near Steelville.

dltang
04-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Hey Len............ If you join ....you can do the "Three Finger Wave" when you meet fellow Spyder Riders ...... It's easy ..:yikes:..See !

Trust me, you do not want to give the three fingers wave, that way.

pitbull
04-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Well........... That's about all I have to say about that :spyder:

Ok..... here we go again. :ohyea: We left Hood Park, and now we are on our way to Steelville.."The Floating Capital of Missouri". This area of Missouri has some of the best Canoeing in the Midwest ! :thumbup:very cool pics and a great ryde anytime start to finish.

"Ozark Outdoors" is located in Leasburg -- (5 mi. from Cuba) and provides floating, camping and cabins along Missouri's Meramec, Courtis, and Huzzah Rivers. They are also big supporters of "SpyderFest". They will be providing a 10% Discount Coupon in addition to the 25% Discount for any Canoeing, Kayaking, or River Rafting trips during the week. :clap: very cool ryde from start to finish.......... And I'm with deb!

Here is their link: http://w ww.ozarkoutdoors.net/contact.html (http://www.ozarkoutdoors.net/contact.html).

Some other Outfitters are: Bass River Resort & The Huzzah Valley Resort that are located off Hwy. 19 near Steelville.

Trust me, you do not want to give the three fingers wave, that way.

owens9fingers
04-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Ok.... we're on our way to one of the most unique State Parks in the area.

"Elephant Rocks State Park" is worth the hike or just sit and enjoy the view!

2NFrnt
04-18-2011, 07:13 PM
"Ozark Outdoors" is located in Leasburg -- (5 mi. from Cuba) and provides floating, camping and cabins along Missouri's Meramec, Courtis, and Huzzah Rivers. They are also big supporters of "SpyderFest". They will be providing a 10% Discount Coupon in addition to the 25% Discount for any Canoeing, Kayaking, or River Rafting trips during the week. :clap:

Here is their link: http://www.ozarkoutdoors.net/contact.html (http://www.ozarkoutdoors.net/contact.html)

Hey 9fingers you forgot to tell all these great people that if they go to Ozark Outdoors and float the Meramec the drop-off bus will take them right by my place :dontknow: visitors are always welcome.;)

Seriously friends this is a great ride to go on and anyone who makes it will really enjoy it.

owens9fingers
04-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Forgot to post these pics of the Park.............. What a place for a photo op !! Maybe we can get a group picture with all the bikes lined up by the entryway.

2NFrnt
04-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Hey Mr. 9fingers, who is the lovely model in your pictures? Could that be "Spiderwoman" ....looking good Peggy

pitbull
04-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Great pic's man I love that place!

Spiderwoman
04-20-2011, 06:30 AM
Hey Mr. 9fingers, who is the lovely model in your pictures? Could that be "Spiderwoman" ....looking good Peggy

Sam. You have such a way with words!

:ohyea:

owens9fingers
04-20-2011, 11:36 AM

Are you hittin' on my girl ??? If so.... you might be called 1NRear ! :yikes:

owens9fingers
04-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Ok.......... we've seen the "ROCKS".... now it's time for "RIBS" & "RIFLES" !
Next stop is "Baylee Jo's Barbecue" and there you will be able to watch yourself on the big video screen while you eat. Then we're off to "Arcadia Sporting Goods", the "Visitors Center", or some of the shops downtown.
Remember "Arcadia Sporting Goods" will have a "SpyderFest" Special..... 10% off any Guns / Ammo or Leather Goods !!!

2NFrnt
04-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Are you hittin' on my girl ??? If so.... you might be called 1NRear ! :yikes:

1 What???...BTW say hi to Spiderwoman for me!

My Bride asked, that since she is ill and can't make the ride, would you pick up a "to go" order for her at Baylee Jo's? nojoke
I promise not to eat it for her..:roflblack:

owens9fingers
04-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Hey Carol........... Taking your order would be a pleasure! :ohyea: I'll even deliver, but Sam doesn't get any! :lecturef_smilie: Thinking of Baylee Jo's makes me hungry as we speak ! :clap:
SpyderFest is getting sooooo close.......... :yes:

2NFrnt
04-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Hey Carol........... Taking your order would be a pleasure! :ohyea: I'll even deliver, but Sam doesn't get any! :lecturef_smilie:

And I thought you were my friend, but no BBQ for me!!! And what's this stuff of you being nice to my wife??? Peggy are you reading this???

Folks, come on to SpyderFest and go on this ride, the ride will be great and you might get to see two clowns in action....that would be me and 9fingers

owens9fingers
04-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Ok...... Here are several other points of intrest if time allows.

owens9fingers
04-22-2011, 10:01 AM
All Right................ Now we are heading Northwest on Rt. 32..:ohyea:.. towards more great scenery, and curvy roads !! :2thumbs:

jedd
04-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Gun shops???? Hmmmmmm Huligans welcome to join this Ryde.:yikes:

Never met a gun I didn't like.:ohyea:

Jim:thumbup:

owens9fingers
04-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Ok............. we are heading back thru Steelville, and then we will be landing in "Hood Park". :2thumbs: Thanks for riding with us, and now it's time to take a "Nap"!! :clap:

owens9fingers
04-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Gun shops???? Hmmmmmm Huligans welcome to join this Ryde.:yikes:

Never met a gun I didn't like.:ohyea:

Jim:thumbup:

Ohhhh ....you're going to really LIKE what you see !! You might even fall in Love!! :yes:

owens9fingers
04-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Well ...... SpyderFest is almost here !! :yes: Remember the "Elephant Rocks Ride" is the "Orange Color Route" !!! Spiderwoman and I are looking forward to seeing you there!! :2thumbs: Here is a map of our route, which you will get when you arrive at registration.

spydermonkey4
04-24-2011, 07:19 PM
This is were I am from. I live close to Elephant Rock State park. I have ate at Baylee Joe's many times. Great place to eat. This should be a very pretty drive.

owens9fingers
04-25-2011, 10:09 AM
This is were I am from. I live close to Elephant Rock State park. I have ate at Baylee Joe's many times. Great place to eat. This should be a very pretty drive.

Thanks for the info........ hope to see you there! We could use a Park Guide ! :thumbup: Like I said before... no matter how many times we ride this route........ it never gets old!! :clap: "SpyderFest" is getting so close ........ I can smell "Baylee Jo's" food right now!! :yes: