PDA

View Full Version : Departed with my Spyder today

k3232668
03-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Call me a traiter or trader as you will, she gave me 3900 trouble free miles but I really missed 2 wheels and leaning. Traded her for a new Kawasaki Concours 14. I have really enjoyed everyone I have met and talked to from here and will still follow spyderlovers and some local events.
Soon I will have some Spyder items listed in the classified. Thanks to everyone. Lamont you run the best forum site I have been a member of, great job.

Kelly

BajaRon
03-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Call me a traiter or trader as you will, she gave me 3900 trouble free miles but I really missed 2 wheels and leaning. Traded her for a new Kawasaki Concours 14. I have really enjoyed everyone I have met and talked to from here and will still follow spyderlovers and some local events.
Soon I will have some Spyder items listed in the classified. Thanks to everyone. Lamont you run the best forum site I have been a member of, great job.

Kelly

Some people I've known never hold onto anything very long. They always seem to want the ride they DON'T have. They end up with a long list of bikes they wish they had back.

Don't know if that's you but ride what you like and enjoy! That's what it's all about.

boborgera
03-16-2011, 06:34 PM

Kelly

Good luck and ride safe, With your Connie.:thumbup: I know how you feel about missing the leaning,
I keep a two wheeler in my garage and every now and then I'll go for a ride i don't think I'll ever get two wheels out of my system.

mxz600
03-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Sorry to hear the Spyder wasn't for you Kelly.:( Like they say, different strokes for different folks.

I am just the opposite of you, I don't miss leaning at all. After getting the Spyder two years ago I rode my Harley very little. In fact friends of mine put more miles on it than I did. Monday I rode it for the last time. Went for a ride to Kalamazoo and handed the keys over to its new owner. Now it can get the miles it deserves.

Just because you went back to two doesn't mean you're still not a part of the Spyder community. Once a SpyderLover,
always a SpyderLover.:thumbup:

ARtraveler
03-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Sorry to hear you are giving up the Spyder. I believe the Connie is currently rated best in its class by at least two of the Motorcycle mags. I'm lucky to have two wheels in addition to the Spyder. I ride the 2 wheeler about 25% of the time--but like the Spyder for long trips. That is also what the Connie is made for. Enjoy the road with the new ride.

COOLMACHINE
03-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Hello Kelly,
I know you gotta be excited about your new ride! Show us a pic if you get a chance. Keep in touch and PLUS 1 on your comment about Lamont, "He runs the best forum site I have been a member of, great job."
Jerry

Lunar Rover
03-16-2011, 09:51 PM

Kelly

I test rode a Concourse 14 once and really liked it but I've always had just as much fun (if not more) on the Spyder. I don't see that ever changing so the added risk of 2 wheels isn't worth it to me. Good luck on 2, hopefully you'll never be in a situation where you wished there were 3.

Good luck!

IWN2RYD
03-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Good choice! Congrats... I am sure the new owners of your Spyder will take very good care of it and get as much enjoyment :thumbup:

Lamonster
03-17-2011, 06:57 AM
See you in the wind Bro. :doorag:

SpyderAnn01
03-17-2011, 08:04 AM
We will miss you in Hell but you will be welcome to ride with us anytime you want. Good luck with your new bike and it was nice riding with you.

Some Guy
03-17-2011, 08:41 AM
That's OK Kelly, I'll still let you be my tail gunner...that is, if you can keep up! :roflblack:

We'll have to get a group together for another Hell Ride. :thumbup:

SpyderWolf
03-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Best of luck with your new ride. :thumbup:

DynamoBT
03-18-2011, 08:49 AM
Best of luck with your new ride. :thumbup:

+1 to this! Enjoy your new ride. Once a SpyderLover, always a SpyderLover! Stay in touch.

SpyderSteve
03-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Good Luck with new ride Kelly :thumbup:

Raptor
03-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Nice choice Sir! I am considering switching also. I am going to see what the pricing is on the Motus MST when they come out as that is the machine I really want. If it's too pricey then I am going to look at the Yamaha FJR. But the Motus has me pretty excited. Of course we are keeping the RSS so we'll still be a Spyder house for sure!

Enjoy the new ride and don't be a stranger on here. :thumbup:

ThreeFeet
03-19-2011, 01:48 PM
That's OK Kelly, I'll still let you be my tail gunner...that is, if you can keep up! :roflblack:

We'll have to get a group together for another Hell Ride. :thumbup: Hope I'm not too off base here but when you say "HELL" you mean the town of Hell in the UP Mi. RIGHT???? Not sure if all know about that. It took me off guard to bigin with. Wondered if anybody else had draw back because of it???:yikes::roflblack::roflblack::yes:

dltang
03-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Hope I'm not too off base here but when you say "HELL" you mean the town of Hell in the UP Mi. RIGHT???? Not sure if all know about that. It took me off guard to bigin with. Wondered if anybody else had draw back because of it???:yikes::roflblack::roflblack::yes:

He is talking about Hell MI but it isn't in the UP, it is in southern LP. Paradise is in the UP and they even have a ride from Hell to Paradise.

Lunar Rover
03-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Nice choice Sir! I am considering switching also. I am going to see what the pricing is on the Motus MST when they come out as that is the machine I really want. If it's too pricey then I am going to look at the Yamaha FJR. But the Motus has me pretty excited. Of course we are keeping the RSS so we'll still be a Spyder house for sure!

Enjoy the new ride and don't be a stranger on here. :thumbup:

I must say I'm disappointed. We haven't even met yet in person and you might be parting from the group so to speak?
:lecturef_smilie:

Raptor
03-19-2011, 11:25 PM
I must say I'm disappointed. We haven't even met yet in person and you might be parting from the group so to speak?
:lecturef_smilie:

Hey Geoff -

It's just something that I am considering, but it is a serious consideration. Something just happened to me when this whole tire deal went down. I started to realize that this ride was going to be a maintenance money pit and it's starting to frustrate me. The other factor is the inherant performance restrictions of the platform. I thought I could live with it but it's getting harder to take. Like I said, I'm still on the fence. :dontknow:

Besides, even if I do make the transition that doesn't mean we can't ride and spend quality time bro. And no matter what, Kath is definitely keeping the RS-S so it's all good! :thumbup:

bone crusher
03-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Hey Geoff -

It's just something that I am considering, but it is a serious consideration. Something just happened to me when this whole tire deal went down. I started to realize that this ride was going to be a maintenance money pit and it's starting to frustrate me. The other factor is the inherant performance restrictions of the platform. I thought I could live with it but it's getting harder to take. Like I said, I'm still on the fence. :dontknow:

Besides, even if I do make the transition that doesn't mean we can't ride and spend quality time bro. And no matter what, Kath is definitely keeping the RS-S so it's all good! :thumbup:

Tire deal...what did I miss? As far as restrictions go, I don't get that...guys I ride with have sports bikes and are plenty fast...the Spyder isn't meant to compete with a hyabusa...

The Spyder, with minor mods, can match/exceed most crusier/touring specs...darn thing is fast enough for me and is basically faster than most any car on the road...

It's like buying a minivan (like I did) and complaining that it's not fast enough and doesn't maneuver as well as I'd like (which is also true)...so I'll get a sports car (which I'm not)...I think there is a place in the market for the Spyder and maybe you just don't feel comfortable with the 3-wheel concept? There's a bike for everyone, so they say...

Raptor
03-20-2011, 01:10 AM
I hear ya Crusher. Please don't interpret what I wrote as anything overly negative on the Spyder. I have enjoyed riding this machine for nearly a year now but there are things that are starting to bug me about it. Inadequate tire life is just one. I also don't like how restricted the engine is. It doesn't lean. Range is limited. I'm not sure I trust the drive line any longer.

But these are things that I am evaluating and will continue to monitor. There is definitely a big place in the market for the Spyder and I have not given up on it yet. But I am finding that I want more. That's all. To be continued!

bone crusher
03-20-2011, 10:17 PM
I hear ya Crusher. Please don't interpret what I wrote as anything overly negative on the Spyder. I have enjoyed riding this machine for nearly a year now but there are things that are starting to bug me about it. Inadequate tire life is just one. I also don't like how restricted the engine is. It doesn't lean. Range is limited. I'm not sure I trust the drive line any longer.

But these are things that I am evaluating and will continue to monitor. There is definitely a big place in the market for the Spyder and I have not given up on it yet. But I am finding that I want more. That's all. To be continued!

That's fair...you have to do what you are comfortable with...whatever you decide to do, just be safe! If the Spyder is not a good fit for you now...maybe a few generations of Spyder down the road will suit you better (like if they use that patent for leaning tires)...

Raptor
03-21-2011, 03:44 PM
That's fair...you have to do what you are comfortable with...whatever you decide to do, just be safe! If the Spyder is not a good fit for you now...maybe a few generations of Spyder down the road will suit you better (like if they use that patent for leaning tires)...

:2thumbs: