PDA

View Full Version : Corbin Seats Vs. Ultimate Seats

jayo
03-16-2011, 02:47 PM
:helpsmilie: Trying to decide between Corbin and Ultimate, regarding a new seat for my Spyder RSS. Any suggestions or insight on either will be greatly appreciated. :helpsmilie:

Thanks a million

ARtraveler
03-16-2011, 02:51 PM
There are a few Corbin related postings in the threads. I like mine a lot--have had them on two different :spyder2: and about 35,000 miles of ride time on the seats. Not familiar with the Ultimate seat brand.

DougB
03-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Check out "day long" seats by Russell Cycle

ataDude
03-16-2011, 03:22 PM
I've had both... with the Ultimate on a different two wheeler.

They're both good... Dez at Ultimate makes a great seat. However, he doesn't use leather which I desire for it's better breathing (unless he's changed recently).

Don't get me wrong... the Ultimate cover looks great but it's not leather.

MMcc
03-16-2011, 03:52 PM
I have the Corbin on the 2008 :spyder2: I wish it would open just a tad more when filling the gas tank. The seat is very comfortable and the wife likes the backrest. Not familiar with the Ultimate.

stewgod
05-05-2011, 05:06 PM
the new corbins have been modded so you dont have to pop up th' seat

Dragonrider
05-22-2011, 10:36 AM
At one time or another, I've had Ultimate, Russell, Corbin, stock (of course), and half a dozen others, and, except for my BMW K12, I have always returned to the Corbin. I had Corbin seats on my Valkyries, Magna, V-rods, RS, and (now) RT - after a bit of break in, I've never regretted the purchase.

But I am a BIG guy - 6'4", and was 330# (now 270, and moving in the right direction).

The Russell was my only choice for my BMW, because of the design I needed to have implemented - the K12 was, by far and away, the most comfortable bike I have ever owned, but many folks can't put their feet flat on the ground when they ride them - not an issue with the Spyder.

I have the new Corbin with the Lamonster cut on my RT, and couldn't think of a better combo. Having said that, I am not 5'8" and 160#……..

VaughnCat
05-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Cat and I have the Cobin seats on our RT and RS and love them. Only regret? Should have got a leather pattern with more traction. Lamont had an alligator (I think) pattern on his seat, and I'm sure that it helps to hold you in place while cornering. The smooth leather is way slippery (though it keeps your britches from bunching up as much). I'm 6', and I think that having the Corbin seat dished a little bit more where my butt hits would have helped also. Love the seats, haven't tried the others.

OTE=jayo;295033]:helpsmilie: Trying to decide between Corbin and Ultimate, regarding a new seat for my Spyder RSS. Any suggestions or insight on either will be greatly appreciated. :helpsmilie:

Thanks a million[/QUOTE]

spyder-dude
05-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Cat and I have the Cobin seats on our RT and RS and love them. Only regret? Should have got a leather pattern with more traction. Lamont had an alligator (I think) pattern on his seat, and I'm sure that it helps to hold you in place while cornering. The smooth leather is way slippery (though it keeps your britches from bunching up as much). I'm 6', and I think that having the Corbin seat dished a little bit more where my butt hits would have helped also. Love the seats, haven't tried the others.

OTE=jayo;295033]:helpsmilie: Trying to decide between Corbin and Ultimate, regarding a new seat for my Spyder RSS. Any suggestions or insight on either will be greatly appreciated. :helpsmilie:

Thanks a million[/QUOTE]

If your corbin seat is slippery then you need to get some leather lotion and put it on. I do mine about every couple of months. It conditions the leather and makes it not slippery at all. Autozone, Advanced Auto parts or Walmart sells it.