PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever heard of or has used Xpel?

Fire Joe
03-14-2011, 09:40 AM
I knew it was bound to happen, just didn't think it would be this soon :(

Got a pea sized chip on my hood that was recently custom painted. So Dan is going to touch it up this week and I found a place that uses this Xpel product. It's a paint protection clear film that goes on nearly invisible, so says the company anyway. It is guaranteed not to turn yellow or haze for either 5 or 7 years (have to check the website again).

Anyway, was just wondering if anyone has experience with this product with any vehicle. Just wondering how it holds up and if it really is hard to tell it's on there. Yes, I could've avoided all this with a wrap instead but for the theme I wanted I just figured paint would be the better option.

Here is the link for the product. Thanks for any info, tips or advice anyone can give me :D

http://www.xpel.com/

Fire Joe
03-17-2011, 09:13 PM
I guess no one has? :dontknow: :roflblack:

Well now I have :roflblack: Had Dan touch up the paint and Justin (Xpel installer) was on site to put on the paint protectant film soon after. It really does go on nearly invisible. Standing back no more than 3-4 ft. from it I couldn't even see the edge. Both Dan and Len were there and saw it and they too were impressed with the product. I would highly recommend it for paint protection against rock chips, bugs, etc.

Len did talk to Justin about maybe signing up to set up a booth at Spyderfest so he may be there.

Painter Dan
03-17-2011, 10:18 PM
I was surprised how good it looked on there. I could barley see the edge even though I knew where it was. It didn't change the look of the custom paint at all.:clap:

Keep us posted on how it's holding up.:doorag:

SpyderWolf
03-17-2011, 11:49 PM
It sounds like it might just be the ticket to protect those custom paint jobs. I hope it continues to hold up well for you, and remains invisible.

bone crusher
03-18-2011, 12:35 AM
I knew it was bound to happen, just didn't think it would be this soon :(

Got a pea sized chip on my hood that was recently custom painted. So Dan is going to touch it up this week and I found a place that uses this Xpel product. It's a paint protection clear film that goes on nearly invisible, so says the company anyway. It is guaranteed not to turn yellow or haze for either 5 or 7 years (have to check the website again).

Anyway, was just wondering if anyone has experience with this product with any vehicle. Just wondering how it holds up and if it really is hard to tell it's on there. Yes, I could've avoided all this with a wrap instead but for the theme I wanted I just figured paint would be the better option.

Here is the link for the product. Thanks for any info, tips or advice anyone can give me :D

http://www.xpel.com/

I was going to get a similar product on my new car, but was advised not to. Yeah, it protects, but you can tell that you have a layer of film on...plus, good luck getting it off...

I know the factory paint is quite good...I think that once you paint the bike again, several layers of clear coat should help...nothing will stop a high speed rock though...that's why they make touch-up paint!

Also, the film can develop its own issues, apparently...

SpydermanCT
03-18-2011, 06:44 PM
I've got a product like this on both of my cars and I'm a believer. The darker the color the more noticeable it is, but it definitely protects the paint. The product I bought guaranteed that the paint would not fade any different in the wrapped areas. Imagine driving 20K and peeling it off and still having fresh paint under it? I'm sure it's a mother to come off but I did have a bumper panel replaced because it was lifting on one end. I didn't see the installer do it but it took almost as long to redo the bumper as it did to do the whole nose. It will not help you if a large rock comes flying at you but for almost everything else it does a great job. Put it on the side panels next to your shifter and brake pedal where your boot always rubs?