PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got a spare key sleeve?

bullant12
03-13-2011, 02:06 PM
I am going to the dealer eventually to resolve this but I just want to get an early start in case they don't have it... But here is the tale!

When I took my RTAC to the dealer for the 600 mile maintenace, hitch and fog light installation, I left the key with the sleave (or I think I did, I have looked over all my jackets:dontknow:). Forgot to ask for it when I picked it up and remembered later. Then my wife went to the dealer to pick up some paperwork and they claim they do not have it (or I actually think my wife asked for the wrong thing:hun:).

So... having said that, anyone got a spare sleeve? I don't need it now, but if you are going to Spyderfest I can trade it in for a beer or lunch...;)

SpydeRider2010
03-13-2011, 02:48 PM
I ordered two keys as extras, and they didn't come with sleeves; so I ended up ordering two sleeves also. they're about $9.00 (US). they're worth it though.

usurp31
03-13-2011, 02:55 PM
My dealer did not give me any so I will be ordering a couple as well.

NancysToy
03-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Look in the trunk. When I give my dealer the key with the sleeve, the key ends up in my Spyder, and the sleeve with my name tag ends up in the trunk.

bullant12
03-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Look in the trunk. When I give my dealer the key with the sleeve, the key ends up in my Spyder, and the sleeve with my name tag ends up in the trunk.

I looked already. The only thing they left was the rubbers that covered the fog light sockets.:chill:

bone crusher
03-13-2011, 07:37 PM
I looked already. The only thing they left was the rubbers that covered the fog light sockets.:chill:

better that than other rubbers...:roflblack::ohyea:

bullant12
03-13-2011, 07:39 PM

True that!:barf:

COOLMACHINE
03-13-2011, 07:52 PM
I didn't even see that one coming! :roflblack: ;)

Mr. White
03-13-2011, 08:11 PM
What is a key sleeve? :helpsmilie:

boborgera
03-13-2011, 09:03 PM

It's a small plastic sleeve [snap case] To hold the key, You should [will] get one for each key. Don't forget to get them, Some People have been given only one. [some none]:gaah:

Mr. White
03-13-2011, 09:45 PM
It's a small plastic sleeve [snap case] To hold the key, You should [will] get one for each key. Don't forget to get them, Some People have been given only one. [some none]:gaah:

I am trying not to be dense, but of what value are they? I got two with my Wing....one for my pocket and hid the other one on the Wing incase I loose the first one. I seem to be missing something here, however, I will be sure I get mine when I get the Red Rocket....:ohyea:

NancysToy
03-13-2011, 10:06 PM
I am trying not to be dense, but of what value are they? I got two with my Wing....one for my pocket and hid the other one on the Wing incase I loose the first one. I seem to be missing something here, however, I will be sure I get mine when I get the Red Rocket....:ohyea:
There is no hole in the chipped key. Use of the sleeve allows you to keep the key on a fob or chain, while in your pocket. You can drill the key safely. Lamont posted a pic showing the chip's location, but having another key on a ring with the Spyder key will scratch the handlebars. We use the sleeves.

boborgera
03-13-2011, 10:17 PM

The Spyders keys don't have a hole for a key ring. So some people when they put the key in their pocket snap it into the holder it makes it easier to find.:dontknow: There are other ways to use it also.

Gordy
03-14-2011, 01:46 PM
I have a lanyard thst I wear around my neck and keep my key in the sleeve on this.Also carry my spare on a lanyard and just tuck it under my shirt cant even tell its there

M2Wild
03-14-2011, 02:24 PM
The sleeve enables you to attach Spyder's key to a key ring or whatever else. I have it attached to my alarm remote and a deteachable pig tail to my main key ring. Very handy little sucker.

docdoru
03-14-2011, 03:16 PM
So... having said that, anyone got a spare sleeve? I don't need it now, but if you are going to Spyderfest I can trade it in for a beer or lunch...;)
I have a spare, you can have it, just participate in the "performance testing"...:thumbup:

TicketBait
03-14-2011, 03:39 PM

They work great. I ran over one of mine and it cracked the part that you can put on a key chain, but it did its job and saved the key. now that I use the IPS , I can get by with one sleeve.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER%20RTS/keypic2.jpg

Bob Denman
03-15-2011, 08:01 AM
I think that we might need an experiment to see if an IPS-equipped key will hang safely on the sleeve...:D

bullant12
03-18-2011, 09:51 PM
I am going to the dealer eventually to resolve this but I just want to get an early start in case they don't have it... But here is the tale!

When I took my RTAC to the dealer for the 600 mile maintenace, hitch and fog light installation, I left the key with the sleave (or I think I did, I have looked over all my jackets:dontknow:). Forgot to ask for it when I picked it up and remembered later. Then my wife went to the dealer to pick up some paperwork and they claim they do not have it (or I actually think my wife asked for the wrong thing:hun:).

Well... Thanks for the offers :hun:, but my dealer came thru and gave me a free key cover (after I helped the owner of the dealer sell an RTAC when I rode mine in while the customer was thinking about buying even after the test drive).:clap:

See y'all in Spyderfest!!!:doorag:

bullant12
03-18-2011, 09:52 PM
I have a spare, you can have it, just participate in the "performance testing"...:thumbup:

Got mine... But I will take you on that offer!:ohyea:

fystldy
06-28-2012, 02:09 PM
I see where someone said they were "just order one"....where can one be ordered?? I lost mine and would really like to order a new one!

bullant12
06-28-2012, 02:20 PM
I see where someone said they were "just order one"....where can one be ordered?? I lost mine and would really like to order a new one!

So far the dealer can help.

d.o.spyder-rts
06-28-2012, 02:39 PM
The last time I had my spyder serviced, I left the key in the ignition and kept the sleve on my key ring. Dale

bullant12
06-29-2012, 07:32 AM
The last time I had my spyder serviced, I left the key in the ignition and kept the sleve on my key ring. Dale

I do now... I have to take the trailer hitch lock key.;)