PDA

View Full Version : On my way to a 2 Spyder family

Blue Star
03-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Well, I got my wife a scooter today so she can save money on gas. She drives only eight miles each way to work, so it is not too far. After looking at the scooter last week, she said that if she really likes the scooter maybe someday she will let me get her a Spyder. After driving it home I know she will like the Spyder better, and I will be getting her the yellow Spyder she wants. Tried to skip the scooter part, but she is not ready and don't want to push too hard.

SpyderAnn01
03-11-2011, 09:05 PM
That was very nice of you. It looks like a cool scooter.

boborgera
03-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Well, I got my wife a scooter today so she can save money on gas. She drives only eight miles each way to work, so it is not too far. After looking at the scooter last week, she said that if she really likes the scooter maybe someday she will let me get her a Spyder. After driving it home I know she will like the Spyder better, and I will be getting her the yellow Spyder she wants. Tried to skip the scooter part, but she is not ready and don't want to push too hard.

:thumbup::2thumbs::thumbup:

DynamoBT
03-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Baby steps. . . . baby steps.

Has she driven your Spyder at all? I'm surprised she doesn't jump at the Spyder as it is WAY easier to ryde than anything on two wheels.

Anyway, give her time. You know she's going to want one. You'll be a two Spyder family before you know it!!

Lunar Rover
03-11-2011, 10:40 PM

We became a two :spyder2: family last July and we are at 32,000 and 8,600 miles. Mileage isn't really relevant to your post but I suspect that your wife will continue looking at you on your :spyder2: and cave in, it's only a matter of time. In our case my wife got the :spyder2: first and I was on 2 wheels but I decided that for me there was no more enjoyment than the :spyder2: so it wasn't worth the added risks. As soon as we could afford a second one, we were at the dealership and it happened more quickly than I expected.

Happy Spydering!

Blue Star
03-12-2011, 02:16 AM
Baby steps. . . . baby steps.

Has she driven your Spyder at all? I'm surprised she doesn't jump at the Spyder as it is WAY easier to ryde than anything on two wheels.

Anyway, give her time. You know she's going to want one. You'll be a two Spyder family before you know it!!

She has not as she is afraid of it being a SM5. She wants the SE5, so I will have to let her take a demo ryde when she is ready.

SpyderWolf
03-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Definitely on the way, and you may be trading in that scooter before you know it. :thumbup:

Blue Star
05-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Saturday night my wife says to me "lets go to Jamba Juice after I get out of the prayer meeting" I say okay I will pick you up. She then says "bring the spyder". Boy was I shocked, and I could not wait until 8:00 to come around. Being her first time on the spyder I took it nice and easy, and explained everything I would be doing while ryding there. We ended up going to a restaurant in the same shopping center, and I asked her how she liked it. She said it was fun, but she could not see herself ryding a long distance on it. So when I pay off mine we can get her a yellow spyder, but an automatic (SE5) for her. I said that can be done, but don't know how long it will be. Then she really blew me away by saying instead I can give her the RS, and get the RT that I want for myself. Then on Sunday night she asked if we can go for a ryde Monday. All I know is I got to start working overtime (or a second job) now. Could this be related to it being our 22 wedding anniversary Sunday? :yes::yes::yes:

DynamoBT
05-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Told you she'd come around!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

CJ/johnnyg
05-30-2011, 07:32 PM
We became a two :spyder2: family last July and we are at 32,000 and 8,600 miles. Mileage isn't really relevant to your post but I suspect that your wife will continue looking at you on your :spyder2: and cave in, it's only a matter of time. In our case my wife got the :spyder2: first and I was on 2 wheels but I decided that for me there was no more enjoyment than the :spyder2: so it wasn't worth the added risks. As soon as we could afford a second one, we were at the dealership and it happened more quickly than I expected.

Happy Spydering!

John had me try driving the spyder in the yard and I was hooked. So I went down and got my endorsement and thought Iwould be satisfied just riding once in a while. when we took the RT in to be serviced they were bringing out a new pearl white RS. I fell in love with it. Sat I did a demo ride. Needless to say we brought it home. Wasn't planning on that. But I have to say I love it been riding all week end. Blue star, If you want her to have one all you have to do is have her test drive yours, you won't have to say anything else

SpyderWolf
05-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Saturday night my wife says to me "lets go to Jamba Juice after I get out of the prayer meeting" I say okay I will pick you up. She then says "bring the spyder". Boy was I shocked, and I could not wait until 8:00 to come around. Being her first time on the spyder I took it nice and easy, and explained everything I would be doing while ryding there. We ended up going to a restaurant in the same shopping center, and I asked her how she liked it. She said it was fun, but she could not see herself ryding a long distance on it. So when I pay off mine we can get her a yellow spyder, but an automatic (SE5) for her. I said that can be done, but don't know how long it will be. Then she really blew me away by saying instead I can give her the RS, and get the RT that I want for myself. Then on Sunday night she asked if we can go for a ryde Monday. All I know is I got to start working overtime (or a second job) now. Could this be related to it being our 22 wedding anniversary Sunday? :yes::yes::yes:

:2thumbs: Happy Anniversary! :2thumbs:

Blue Star
05-30-2011, 07:51 PM
:2thumbs: Happy Anniversary! :2thumbs:

Thank you.

Spyder Cat
05-30-2011, 09:00 PM
John had me try driving the spyder in the yard and I was hooked. So I went down and got my endorsement and thought Iwould be satisfied just riding once in a while. when we took the RT in to be serviced they were bringing out a new pearl white RS. I fell in love with it. Sat I did a demo ride. Needless to say we brought it home. Wasn't planning on that. But I have to say I love it been riding all week end. Blue star, If you want her to have one all you have to do is have her test drive yours, you won't have to say anything else

:agree: same thing happened to me.... except it was a red RS that bit me
life has never been soooooo good! :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Desert Spyder
05-30-2011, 09:26 PM

Boy was I shocked when you told me today. I can't imagine my wife doing the same thing. BTW, do you remember seeing a couple wearing a stars & stripes jacket or shirts when we were inside Skip Fordyce?

That was the owners of that silver RT that was between me and you in the parade but I didn't know who they were. Small world. Wonder if there were any other Spyders among the 8000 bikes?

Blue Star
05-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Boy was I shocked when you told me today. I can't imagine my wife doing the same thing. BTW, do you remember seeing a couple wearing a stars & stripes jacket or shirts when we were inside Skip Fordyce?

That was the owners of that silver RT that was between me and you in the parade but I didn't know who they were. Small world. Wonder if there were any other Spyders among the 8000 bikes?

I saw the look of shock on your face, but did not say anything about it. She does not think she can shift the SM5, but she can drive a stick shift car, so I know she can handle the bike.

I do not remember seeing them in the store, but did see them walking towards the store on the sidewalk.

Glad to see that you made it home okay.