PDA

View Full Version : About to buy, dealer recommendation

staysafeonline
03-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Greetings all - great forum - been lurking for about 6 months. I am hopefully 3-4 weeks away from purchasing a Spyder. Was looking for recommendations on dealers in the area (central NC). Want a good deal, but certainly willing to spend a little more to support a honest business that stands behind what they sell.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you can offer!

Brian

bruiser
03-13-2011, 10:34 AM
There's a dealer in Henderson that I hear is pretty good. Brewers Motorcycles I believe is the name. Not sure what else is close by Durham.

rattdaddy@netzero.
03-15-2011, 11:42 PM
triangle cycles in durham.... i bought mine from their sister store in danville va..great service...nice people!!!:2thumbs::yes::welcome:

staysafeonline
03-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback - I am about 7-8 miles from Triangle Cycles - didn't love the guy I spoke with originally -- I'll give them another shot!

M2Wild
03-17-2011, 08:35 AM
triangle cycles in durham.... i bought mine from their sister store in danville va..great service...nice people!!!:2thumbs::yes::welcome:
Related stores varies from each other and the onsite managemnent set the tone (or flavor).

Thanks for the feedback - I am about 7-8 miles from Triangle Cycles - didn't love the guy I spoke with originally -- I'll give them another shot!
If you don't get a good vib from the dealer, don't be afraid to go to another. Make them EARN your business. No small investment you are making there.

xpeschon
03-17-2011, 08:36 AM
Send a PM to a member called Patches, he maybe able to help you a bit on trying to find a good dealership.. Hope this helps..

X-Joe

bruiser
03-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Send a PM to a member called Patches, he maybe able to help you a bit on trying to find a good dealership.. Hope this helps..

X-Joe

I believe Patches uses Brewers Cycles in Henderson.

KipDM
04-01-2011, 10:52 AM
sorry, have not had a chance to check out the NC Spyder section until now...
i just bought my :spyder: from Triangle Cycles in Durham.
i originally spoke with one guy (Justin) who was nice. when i went in to give a printed out option sheet that i had printed from BRPs website i spoke with Bruce (Justin was busy that day) and just asked him to price that out for me, including options, and said "whatever price you can come up with lets me know which options to keep".
when they gave a call back they were willing to eat all labor, tax, and title - which i thought was excellent, made me feel like they wanted my business and i also felt no need to haggle (labor, tax, and title charges were over 2k).
i did decide to drastically swap around my options though and this led me to dealing with the parts department (Mike Webb and Jason) and both of them were nice too. Mike even cut me discounts on parts on my first order (of course my first order was roughly 3k) without me even asking.

now to be honest, i am a large man (ok, i am a fat man) but am semi-tall and i tend to get a lot of good treatment. i do not think i am intimidating at all but i have been told before that people tend to treat me nicer than they treat others. NO, i have not heard this abut Triangle Cycles employees, but i have heard this from people randomly throughout my life. so it MAY be that factor that helped me.

everyone in the shop who i have talked to (even the ones who i don't know the names of) has been nice and courteous and the ones i know by name will sit and joke around with me whenever i come in.

hopefully when you go back you will have a better experience, if not there is a :spyder2: dealer in Henderson and one in Greensboro (i think). but to double check go to BRPs Spyder website and they have a deal locator to make sure you find all the close options. i KNOW there are not any more in the Triangle other than Triangle Cycles in Durham.

good luck and hope to have you join us soon.:welcome:

staysafeonline
01-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Thanks all for the response -- 2011 turned out to be the year to do a bunch of "responsible financial stuff" (refinance, pay off debt, blah, blah, blah) so a Spyder didn't join my family. The good news now that I have done that, it is look like I might get Spyder-bit here in the next month or so (hoping I can get a better deal while it is still cold).

KipDM, how is your Spyder treating you? You still happy with Triangle Cycles service etc?

Anyone do business with Performance East/East Carolina Powersports? If so, anyone I should consider talking to there?

Thanks and here is hoping I'll be parking a Spyder where my lawnmower now sits!

Littlebadwolf
01-18-2012, 06:02 AM
Go to Spyderfest and buy one of Len's performance machines...can't ask for or get a better deal.

SteveMac
01-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Go to Spyderfest and buy one of Len's performance machines...can't ask for or get a better deal.

Agree. That would be a fun trip, and if you go with the RtPerformance, you will get one that is setup the way they should be, OR, if you decide to, you can go with the Spyderfest Limited Edition and you will be getting limited edition paint to boot.

The timing sounds about right. Come to Spyderfest, buy a Spyderfest Limited edition or an RTPerformance from Len at Cowtown and kick off your Spyder ownership with an event you will always remember ! ;)

Leslee
01-18-2012, 08:46 AM
I feel I got a fair deal from Triangle Cycles. They had difficulty getting my rear suspension issue solved--even with help from BRP. But once BRP authorized replacing the compressor, all is GOOD. We're even going to brave a trip tp Spyderfest. The sales and service people have always been courteous to me.

staysafeonline
01-18-2012, 09:51 AM

Yeah, I thought about that when he posted the other day --- maybe i should investigate that!

spyder3
01-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Agree. That would be a fun trip, and if you go with the RtPerformance, you will get one that is setup the way they should be, OR, if you decide to, you can go with the Spyderfest Limited Edition and you will be getting limited edition paint to boot.

The timing sounds about right. Come to Spyderfest, buy a Spyderfest Limited edition or an RTPerformance from Len at Cowtown and kick off your Spyder ownership with an event you will always remember ! ;)

:agree: 110%

staysafeonline
01-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Sent him a PM earlier this morning - will keep you all posted!

joe schmoe
01-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Call Len at Cowtown.....Nobody locally (Knoxville, TN area) was even close to the price Len did on my Wife's 2011 RT-S SE5...Great trip to Cuba, too....

KipDM
03-15-2012, 02:25 AM
sorry for not responding earlier.....real life took me away form the boards for about 6 months or so :(
i am back and hope to be able to check in at least once a month (what can i say? i stay a lot busier than i did the beginning of last year)

yep, my :spyder: is still treating me well. LOVE it.
sadly now i want a 2012 in Steel Black.....soooo sexy. AND an RT LE in white. now if only i would win the lottery so i could have a garage AND multiple :spyder2:s ::sigh::

still happy with he service at Triangle Cycles. the only issue i have had with them was with some aftermarket mods well after my purchase (about 10 months after purchase) and that was just i thought labor was high but i am just a bit of a cheapskate sometimes....i ALWAYS hate to pay for mechanic work whether it be on cars or bikes.

now if only i could afford the 2Bros dual exhaust in carbon ......mmmmmmm

napper39
03-15-2012, 10:09 AM
like the others said go to cowtowen and buy from lin, you cant go wrong at cowetowen.youd love spyder fest too ,id love one of the rt preformance bad boys len sels,have fun and go for it.:clap::thumbup: