PDA

View Full Version : 2008/2009 differences

Fly boy
03-11-2011, 06:27 PM
what, if any, are the differences from the 08 SM5 to the 09 sm5.

I am looking at buying used now, and there are a lot of 08's with low miles.

Thanks

boborgera
03-11-2011, 06:53 PM
what, if any, are the differences from the 08 SM5 to the 09 sm5.

I am looking at buying used now, and there are a lot of 08's with low miles.

Thanks

I have a 08 SM5 As long as all the up dates and the recalls were done i would think there isn't much difference except for price. :dontknow:

IWN2RYD
03-11-2011, 08:35 PM
I am not an expert (Not even close) But I do not think any changes happened between those two model years.

However in 2011 I can confirm at least these changes from the previous model years...

The rear Engine Bolt to frame that was once easy to get to is now just like the RT... They enclosed this part of the frame just like the RT is. Once you undo the nut, no chance with the engine installed to retrieve the nut. Additionally, without a special tool you will not be able to even get an extension inside this part of the frame as the access hole os to small for even a 3/8" extension to fit..... Has to be 1/4" assuming you find the nut and can find a way to get the nut into a socket.. Oh by the way... The socket does not fit in the hole either so scratch that. :mad: And this creates the requirement to either remove a lot of the Spyder to retrieve it to re mount, or use a 9"+ long bolt to reach the other side of the frame in order to re-support that part of the engine to the frame. Older models made the access easier and you only needed a few tools.
Front anti-vibration stuff added to the RS from the RT design.
The Parking Brake (AKA E-Brake) is like the one found on the RT that makes setting the Parking Brake very easy with this new found leverage.
This one is still under the category of "Potential typing error" and has not been denied or confirmed. The RSS this year went to a smaller injector of either 51mm or 54 (I forget) and now requires 91 octane where the RS and all other models before 2011 had the larger injectors of 57mm and only needed 87 octane.

Fly boy
03-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Sweet, then if there really isn't any changes besides price... I might be a :spyder: owner withen a month!

Can anyone else truely confirm that there were no changes - except price?