PDA

View Full Version : Spyder's Biggest Fan Base...

Raptor
03-11-2011, 04:37 PM
I have to tell this little story because every time this happens it just cracks me up!!

So I was rolling home yesterday and everything was just fine, traffic was light and I was just enjoyng life a little bit, which isn't hard to do when you are riding. So I come up to this mini-van. As I gave it a quick scan I noticed 4 little heads inside the cab. Well, in a matter of seconds those 4 little heads turned into 4 boyish faces pressing up against the rear window glass. I don't know what it is about the Spyder, but kids just LOVE these things!

I was already giggling but I didn't want to give that away to the youngins (thank goodness for my smoke visor!), so I got a little closer to the van and made a slow deliberate sweep around the port side. Their eyes were just glued. And when I got the side window, I slowly turned my head to look right at 'em - and gave 'em a big wave. When I did that, they just went ape!! It was classic! As I rode by the driver, who was Mom, she just looked at me and grinned. And I rode off into the sunset!

Does this happen to you guys? This is a pretty regular thing for me now. It never gets old either! There is just something about the Spyder that captures their imagination. Throw in a little interaction and it's on! Anyway, I had to share that 'cause I'm still laughing about it. And life goes on. :spyder2:

COOLMACHINE
03-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Nice story. I know the kids love these things and they like it when they become part of the fun we are all having. It's something for them to remember and say, " When I grow up, I am gonna get me one of those Spyders!":thumbup:

Oklahoma Spyder
03-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Kids think tey are transformers!

SpyderRyder2B
03-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Yes - kids absolutely LOVE the Spyder. I am a "kid magnet"! It is so much uplifting watching their little faces. I've seen kids walking down the street pull their parents arms to make them look. I have invited kids to come over when I'm in a parking lot and I see them trying to get their parents to come over, the parents of course are trying NOT to look, but then they get interested and use the kids as a reason to look too. When I wave, it's almost like I somehow made their day, but they have made MY day!!:clap:

Spyder Cat
03-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Yes, the same thing happens to us, with kids of all ages.

Just a few minutes ago, I was loading groceries into the frunk of the RT, and I looked up to see a 70's+ grandma standing there grinning at me. "That's gotta be so much fun!" she says with a smile from ear to ear. Then she proceeds to tell me how she has a 4 wheeler she rides around her property.

I think the Spyder brings out the kid in all of us. :2thumbs:

New Sharon Spyder
03-11-2011, 06:54 PM
You are right. It is fun to show the Spyder off to all ages. But is is just plain cool for the kids.

JJW SpyderRider
03-11-2011, 09:05 PM
When getting gas I've had parents ask if there kids could the photo taken with the Spyder. No need to say cheeze they had a grin from ear to ear. :2thumbs:

rogerb
03-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Before I bought the Spyder my grandaughter would ride with me or her father, now that I have a Spyder she only rides with me on her Spyder. Not just a kid magnet but a people magnet. :2thumbs:

SpyderGirl
03-12-2011, 02:52 AM
Dennis, it happens to me all the time. Sometimes it's a car full of girls which makes me grin even more. I always wave.

ARtraveler
03-12-2011, 02:55 AM
Similar happenings when I am out and about.

Bullet24
03-12-2011, 04:57 AM
I love seeing the grin on their faces when I wave at them. It's like their favorite movie star or super hero just said hi to them. Always puts a smile on my face! And my 5 year old daughter keeps asking me when she will be big enough to ride with me :D

qasamm
03-12-2011, 08:46 AM
I love telling the little ones I borrowed it from Spyderman or it's a transformer that protects me.

Brunswick
03-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Happens to me all the time. School buses are the best! I was waiting for the bus with my son and daughter (ages 7 & 5) at the end of my on my Spyder last fall (I was going to head to work on it after they got picked up). You should have seen all the awe-struck faces that appeared in the windows when the bus pulled up!

DarkSage
03-12-2011, 02:35 PM
The Sypder is definitely a kid magnet, top that off with my riding leathers, and I can't even park the thing without at least one kids eye's glued to the bike and me!

It so much fun, (heck, that was one of the reasons i got the riding leathers LOL), and I can just imagine, the way these kids explain it to their friends / family, it would be a hoot!

sealfloorboards
03-12-2011, 03:54 PM
I have spent the past 6 mos. in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I ride every day and never fail to get waves, thumbs up, smiles and whistles anywhere I go. Often a taxi driver will speak to me in English. Must just smile and ask "how much?". Everyone in my Colonia (neighborhood) know me and wave, especially kids.

Hasta pronto a SpyderFest,

John
Seal FloorBoards

rogerb
03-12-2011, 04:16 PM
To really put the icing on the cake is when I pick-up the kids from school and drive off in front of their friends and classmates. :ohyea:

SpyderWolf
03-12-2011, 05:29 PM
I am always more than happy to put on a little show for the kids. They also love it when you allow them to sit on it while parked as well. :thumbup: