PDA

View Full Version : Question for Michigan ryders about Joe's Gizzard City

EricDeub
03-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Have any of you ever ate at Joe's Gizzard City in Lansing? OSR is thinking of planning a ride to have lunch there and would like to know if it worth the Ride? Any input is appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pwaw1sX1jg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pwaw1sX1jg

SpyderAnn01
03-10-2011, 08:41 PM
I've never been but please let us Michigan riders know when you plan the ride and maybe we can meet you there. Sounds like fun.

Littlebadwolf
03-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Definitely worth the trip...especially if you like gizzards. They have an annual gizzard fest...think it's in July....would make for a great destination ride.....I'd join up with you guys...only an hour away from me.... Larry

EricDeub
03-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Definitely worth the trip...especially if you like gizzards. They have an annual gizzard fest...think it's in July....would make for a great destination ride.....I'd join up with you guys...only an hour away from me.... Larry
It looks like it. I'm not a big Gizzard fan but the other food looks good.

EricDeub
03-12-2011, 11:15 AM
We will let you know. OSR is looking to set up rides to get together with our neighbors

I've never been but please let us Michigan riders know when you plan the ride and maybe we can meet you there. Sounds like fun.

dancogan
03-12-2011, 02:57 PM
That would be a fun ride for Geri and me, too. As long as I've lived in Michigan, and bicycled most of the roads in the lower part of the state, I never heard of the place. It looks like fun, but would be fun to meet a bunch of our neighbors to the south (even though OSU is currently leading UofM by 10).

I could also easily be convinced to meet you at the City BBQ in Sylvania for lunch!

EricDeub
03-12-2011, 04:52 PM
OSR is putting together a very aggressive agenda for 2011. Michigan or for that matter anybody is invited to anything OSR is putting together. For us its about the ride and having fun. OSR does not restrict out of state riders for membership. So we hope you can make some of our rides this year. I will keep an eye up North, I hope to make some of Michigan's rides.

We are planning on making "gizzards" an event on our agenda, maybe we can make it a joint event.

That would be a fun ride for Geri and me, too. As long as I've lived in Michigan, and bicycled most of the roads in the lower part of the state, I never heard of the place. It looks like fun, but would be fun to meet a bunch of our neighbors to the south (even though OSU is currently leading UofM by 10).

I could also easily be convinced to meet you at the City BBQ in Sylvania for lunch!

k3232668
03-12-2011, 05:05 PM
I think its located in Potterville, Mi. just south of Lansing off I69. Only about 15 or 20 minutes from me, never been there but have tried to find it a couple times with no luck. I believe they have a fried twinkie, yes fried twinkie, been told they are good, never had one. Keep us posted when this is gonna happen.

EricDeub
03-13-2011, 09:57 AM
They do have a fried Twinkies but what I'm interested in is the deep fried Berger. Watch the video at the top. :2thumbs:

I think its located in Potterville, Mi. just south of Lansing off I69. Only about 15 or 20 minutes from me, never been there but have tried to find it a couple times with no luck. I believe they have a fried twinkie, yes fried twinkie, been told they are good, never had one. Keep us posted when this is gonna happen.

Some Guy
03-14-2011, 08:01 AM
It looks like it. I'm not a big Gizzard fan but the other food looks good.

Joe's (Potterville MI) is about 15 miles from me and I've been there several times. I was never a gizzard fan , but they make them in a way that they turn out delicious. They're deep fried and you can get them with a variety of coatings or just plain...they also have a sampler platter where you can get some of each. Try the deep fried olives as well! nojoke

The deep fried cheeseburger is a heart attack on a plate! I've had one, not bad. Double up on your blood pressure and cholesterol meds!!! :D

Give me a shout if you come up.

SpyderAnn01
03-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Joe's (Potterville MI) is about 15 miles from me and I've been there several times. I was never a gizzard fan , but they make them in a way that they turn out delicious. They're deep fried and you can get them with a variety of coatings or just plain...they also have a sampler platter where you can get some of each. Try the deep fried olives as well! nojoke

The deep fried cheeseburger is a heart attack on a plate! I've had one, not bad. Double up on your blood pressure and cholesterol meds!!! :D

Give me a shout if you come up.

Hey Mike, how's the leg? Will you be back to riding when the weather finally cooperates?

Some Guy
03-14-2011, 08:18 AM
Hey Mike, how's the leg? Will you be back to riding when the weather finally cooperates?

Hi Ann,
Thanks for asking. My leg is much better...though I re-injured it a couple weeks after I last saw you. :gaah: PT is over and I just have to do stretching on my own.

I have a couple things to check out on the Spyder before I'll be riding. Hopefully I'll get that done tonight. :thumbup:

Littlebadwolf
03-14-2011, 08:38 AM
I see where it's gonna be 50 degrees and sunny this Saturday...definitely a day to get the spydie out...Anybody from Michigan riding?

Some Guy
03-14-2011, 08:41 AM
I see where it's gonna be 50 degrees and sunny this Saturday...definitely a day to get the spydie out...Anybody from Michigan riding?

Very possibly!

SpyderAnn01
03-14-2011, 08:54 AM
This week I will absolutely ride even if it is just down the street and back!

Littlebadwolf
03-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Thinking maybe a meet & greet at the gizzard joint? <laughing>...Need to do a recon on this place for those who have never been.

dltang
03-20-2011, 08:18 PM
We are only an hour East of Lansing and we love Gizzards. But I have never heard of Joe's Gizzards either. If you decide to make a meet and greet, by all means let us know. Would love to join everyone and meet new people as well.

Littlebadwolf
03-20-2011, 08:22 PM
How about we have a group meet there this coming Saturday, the 26th? Would be nice to see everybody again after a long winter.

dltang
03-20-2011, 08:25 PM
How about we have a group meet there this coming Saturday, the 26th? Would be nice to see everybody again after a long winter.

If the weather is decent, it is a distinct possibility. Have to check with bjt and make sure there aren't any other plans.

EricDeub
03-20-2011, 08:42 PM
I mite be up for this ride. ((((( weather watch )))))):thumbup:

Rando
03-21-2011, 05:49 AM
My wife and I ate there several years ago after seeing it on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. She had the gizzards; I had a hamburger that they dip in batter and then deep fry it. Not just the burger but the WHOLE hamburger! I topped it off with deep fried Oreo cookies for desert! Holy cholesterol batman!

dancogan
03-21-2011, 06:06 AM

Love the idea but I'll have to see how I'm feeling after some dental surgery on Friday.

SpyderAnn01
03-21-2011, 10:01 AM
We could be up for it.

dltang
03-21-2011, 10:07 AM
I think we ought to post this in the Michigan forum as well. We will make this a weather dependent ride lunch ride. About a 1300 meet up time. How does that sound to everyone?