PDA

View Full Version : Sticker Shock!!!

sealfloorboards
03-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Hi all my :spyder2:Lover friends,

Today I have some bad news and good news. Might as wll do the bad news first. Monday I ordered steel for my third run of Seal FloorBoards. I blew thru my last batch of RT's in about 5 weeks (thanks to your great response). To my great supise, my steel prices have shot up 21% in that 5 weeks. When I called my supplier he said the increase was due in large part to the cost of energy needed to produce the steel as well as the huge demand China is placig on steel producers. I was also told to expect monthly increases at least thru the summer. My powder coater also said his prices were going up because the paint is an oil product. It all comes down to the fact that I'm going to have to pass at least part of these increases on. The prices of my Seal FloorBoards is going to have to go from $425. to $450. I really hate to do this folks, but it's just one of those realities.

Now the good news! We are just entering the riding season and SpyderFest is just over a month away. I'm going to hold off on the price increase until AFTER SpyderFest. If I can pump up my sales thru April I will be able to stockpile steel and hopefully avoid another price increase in 2011.

You guys have been fantastic in your acceptance of Seal FloorBoards and I want to give you the very best product I can at the best price I can. Hope to see you all at SpyderFest.

Ride in Comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

sealfloorboards
04-15-2011, 05:23 PM
I posted this about a month ago and just wanted to let you all know that the time is coming soon when I will have to raise my prices. This is the "not so fun" part of being in business. Hope to see lots of you at SpyderFest.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

Hi all my :spyder2:Lover friends,

Today I have some bad news and good news. Might as wll do the bad news first. Monday I ordered steel for my third run of Seal FloorBoards. I blew thru my last batch of RT's in about 5 weeks (thanks to your great response). To my great supise, my steel prices have shot up 21% in that 5 weeks. When I called my supplier he said the increase was due in large part to the cost of energy needed to produce the steel as well as the huge demand China is placig on steel producers. I was also told to expect monthly increases at least thru the summer. My powder coater also said his prices were going up because the paint is an oil product. It all comes down to the fact that I'm going to have to pass at least part of these increases on. The prices of my Seal FloorBoards is going to have to go from $425. to $450. I really hate to do this folks, but it's just one of those realities.

Now the good news! We are just entering the riding season and SpyderFest is just over a month away. I'm going to hold off on the price increase until AFTER SpyderFest. If I can pump up my sales thru April I will be able to stockpile steel and hopefully avoid another price increase in 2011.

You guys have been fantastic in your acceptance of Seal FloorBoards and I want to give you the very best product I can at the best price I can. Hope to see you all at SpyderFest.

Ride in Comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

BikerDoc
04-15-2011, 05:43 PM
We will all be exposed to the realities of price increases across our entire existence if we haven't already. Holding off til after Spyderfest is a Great Gesture on your part and I hope it will pay off for you. I know i will look you up as soon as i get there.

sealfloorboards
04-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks Doc,

looking forward to meeting you.

John
Seal FloorBoards

We will all be exposed to the realities of price increases across our entire existence if we haven't already. Holding off til after Spyderfest is a Great Gesture on your part and I hope it will pay off for you. I know i will look you up as soon as i get there.