PDA

View Full Version : BRP Back Rest

sandog35
03-08-2011, 08:22 AM
I have a silver BRP Back Rest, the type that mounts on the sport rack. Ok I was taking this apart to have it painted to match my Spyder [yellow] Everything came apart great till I got to the small plastic bushings that it slides back and forth on,to make a long story short these are plastic and I broke one of the four taking them out. [Learning Curve] Anyone know where I can find a part # for these ? Cant seem to find a parts listing for a back rest. Thanks for your help.:dontknow:

wyliec
03-08-2011, 10:57 AM
I have a silver BRP Back Rest, the type that mounts on the sport rack. Ok I was taking this apart to have it painted to match my Spyder [yellow] Everything came apart great till I got to the small plastic bushings that it slides back and forth on,to make a long story short these are plastic and I broke one of the four taking them out. [Learning Curve] Anyone know where I can find a part # for these ? Cant seem to find a parts listing for a back rest. Thanks for your help.:dontknow:

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news; but, I have the sport rack and the back rest and BRP does not (or did not) supply any individual parts. As an example, the BRP sport rack lists individual p/n's and I needed a part. The dealer called their BRP contact and I listened to the conversation. The BRP contact said if I needed the part I'd have to purchase another sport rack. It doesn't seem like a very good way to conduct business; but, on the other hand, BRP doesn't want to be setting up p/n's and carrying accessory parts that may never sell.

In your case it's even worse b/c there is no parts list for the back rest, only the sport rack.

You may want to see if there is anything on this site that may work.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#sleeve-bearings/=bcff9r

Just type in what you are looking for in the 'find' box. The sleeve bearing, plastic may be a good place to start.

Of course BRP may have changed their policy. You may want to contact a BRP dealer.

happyspyder2039
03-08-2011, 08:09 PM
you might look here. for the most part my local dealer has been able to look up the part numbers and order stuff for me. call it luck i guess

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/funcentercycles/Canam_OEM/canammc.asp?Type=12&A+3

wyliec
03-08-2011, 08:33 PM
you might look here. for the most part my local dealer has been able to look up the part numbers and order stuff for me. call it luck i guess

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/funcentercycles/Canam_OEM/canammc.asp?Type=12&A+3

Good luck sandog,

If you can order individual parts, let me know and I'll try it again myself.

bone crusher
03-08-2011, 09:08 PM
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news; but, I have the sport rack and the back rest and BRP does not (or did not) supply any individual parts. As an example, the BRP sport rack lists individual p/n's and I needed a part. The dealer called their BRP contact and I listened to the conversation. The BRP contact said if I needed the part I'd have to purchase another sport rack. It doesn't seem like a very good way to conduct business; but, on the other hand, BRP doesn't want to be setting up p/n's and carrying accessory parts that may never sell.

In your case it's even worse b/c there is no parts list for the back rest, only the sport rack.

Just type in what you are looking for in the 'find' box. The sleeve bearing, plastic may be a good place to start.

Of course BRP may have changed their policy. You may want to contact a BRP dealer.

Yup, I know from you and others...true! There are no separate part numbers...

kokki
03-29-2011, 06:03 AM
What would be right color for Orange 2011 RS-S for Sport Rack and Backrest?
Steel Black Metallic or Matte Black?

fleegeds
03-29-2011, 09:49 AM
What would be right color for Orange 2011 RS-S for Sport Rack and Backrest?
Steel Black Metallic or Matte Black?

The 2011 Copper RS-S is matte black. I got the cowl for the back seat and it was matte.

Firefly
03-29-2011, 12:17 PM

I really question the legality of BRP doing this. Years ago I had a case that I had to get the Michigan Attorney General involved in. Had a machine that I couldn't get parts in a timely manner for (unless 6 months is considered timely).

The law then was that they had to supply parts for 7 years after the last date of manufacture of the machine. I don't see why the rack or backrest should be any different. Maybe things have changed----:dontknow: