PDA

View Full Version : HMF exhaust

bjt
03-07-2011, 06:43 PM
How many are running the HMF exhaust, for how long and what is your opinion of it? I am contemplating getting one because the price is so good and I think I'm ready for another try of a louder exhaust than the stock exhaust. I read through a few posts when I searched on HMF exhaust and I see that Roger and Spydergirl are running one. Anyone else?

Mo Lee
03-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Thats what I am running for around 1 1/2 years or more. I like it and and have 6 or 7 thousand miles on it. I believe it helped the horsepower a lot. Maybe louder than the hindle.

bjt
03-07-2011, 07:17 PM
:thumbup: Thanks for the info.

arntufun
03-07-2011, 07:18 PM
I run the HMF pipe as well. Sweet growl sound at 103 head turning decibels, GREAT price (thanks ebay, where else would you find a pipe for $229.00 free shipping), increased horsepower and looks good as well. Although I have not run the other more expensive pipes, IMO there was not enough benefits for ME to justify the 100-175 extra dollars for the other brands. I recommend it but the choice is ultimately yours. If you like a little rumble, anything is going to be better than the stock one.

arntufun
03-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Thats what I am running for around 1 1/2 years or more. I like it and and have 6 or 7 thousand miles on it. I believe it helped the horsepower a lot. Maybe louder than the hindle.

I don't know if the HMF is louder than the Hindle, because you have to factor in that god awful heat shield rattle they have !!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

dltang
03-07-2011, 07:39 PM
How many are running the HMF exhaust, for how long and what is your opinion of it? I am contemplating getting one because the price is so good and I think I'm ready for another try of a louder exhaust than the stock exhaust. I read through a few posts when I searched on HMF exhaust and I see that Roger and Spydergirl are running one. Anyone else?

Nice to see you back on line bjt. If you have a couple of hours you should get caught up on Ron's mini-series.

You have a quite a role in it....LOL I am looking forward to seeing you with a new exhaust. That stock exhaust just isn't very sporty.

jedd
03-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I picked up a HMF at Spyderfest last year, replaced my Micron. I like it very much the packing has stayed intact better than my Micron, however I've acquired another Micron and will be burning that up next. Cowtown had a great deal on the HMF maybe give them a try too?

Jim:thumbup:

SpyderSteve
03-07-2011, 11:30 PM
I picked up a HMF at Spyderfest last year, replaced my Micron. I like it very much the packing has stayed intact better than my Micron, however I've acquired another Micron and will be burning that up next. Cowtown had a great deal on the HMF maybe give them a try too?

Jim:thumbup: :agree:Love my hmf Bought it after hearing Firefly's [had a micron found it fell apart quick for the $]

Firefly
03-08-2011, 12:03 AM
I love my HMF pipe-- but it IS louder than the Hindle for sure. Also--- you CANNOT run the 'silent core' in this pipe----

A bonus is they will do a complete re-pack for $35. I got the Carbon Fiber one-- really sharp.

Be careful when mounting, they have a problem with the pipe being too close to the rear parking brake mechanism. Really only a problem if you have the BRP Givi bags installed--- just use about a 1.5" spacer to move the pipe out a bit.

Brian, didn't you try a hindle and didn't like it?

bjt
03-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Nice to see you back on line bjt. If you have a couple of hours you should get caught up on Ron's mini-series.

You have a quite a role in it....LOL I am looking forward to seeing you with a new exhaust. That stock exhaust just isn't very sporty.

:spyder:

I love my HMF pipe-- but it IS louder than the Hindle for sure. Also--- you CANNOT run the 'silent core' in this pipe----

A bonus is they will do a complete re-pack for $35. I got the Carbon Fiber one-- really sharp.

Be careful when mounting, they have a problem with the pipe being too close to the rear parking brake mechanism. Really only a problem if you have the BRP Givi bags installed--- just use about a 1.5" spacer to move the pipe out a bit.

Brian, didn't you try a hindle and didn't like it?

Back then, the Hindle was louder than I wanted. It was too loud for me to get maximum enjoyment out of the J&M radio / mp3 player that we were using. Now I'm ready to go back to a louder exhaust since we've sold the J&M radio and I use some high dollar earbuds that have excellent noise blocking. :D

SpyderGirl
03-08-2011, 05:50 PM
IMO the HMF sounds very similar to the Hindle. I got the polished stainless one and it looks great. You have to modify the hanger a bit to get it to work with the Corbin saddlebags, but other than that I love it. I've put about 800 miles on mine already. I am very happy with my purchase. The Hindle is overpriced if you ask me.

Go for the HMF, you won't be disappointed.