PDA

View Full Version : Changing out the RTS clutch lever for an Adjustable lever

Sopher
03-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Has anyone done this yet? I used to have a pazzo adjustable lever on my 2008 RS. But it seems the RTS has this small switch on the underside of the lever... Not sure of its purpose. Anyone know?

freebob
03-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Has anyone done this yet? I used to have a pazzo adjustable lever on my 2008 RS. But it seems the RTS has this small switch on the underside of the lever... Not sure of its purpose. Anyone know?

RT-S has adjustable clutch lever stock, Push lever foward set wheel on top of lever from 1-4, 4 being shortest throw, I use 4 for quicker shifts,
Switch under lever is micro switch to let Spyder know you have clutch pulled...

Freebob...:doorag:

GaryTheBadger
03-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Sopher, the switch under the SM5 clutch lever is to allow engine starting while still in gear if you engage the clutch (pull the lever). You could eliminate it, but that'd be unsafe and I don't recommend it. See pages 399, 405 and 406 of the RT Service Manual.

Sopher
03-07-2011, 10:20 PM
RT-S has adjustable clutch lever stock, Push lever foward set wheel on top of lever from 1-4, 4 being shortest throw, I use 4 for quicker shifts,

Freebob...:doorag:

Ya, the #4 setting is still too much reach. The same was on my '08 RS. Thats why I replaced it on my RS!

strats
03-07-2011, 11:21 PM

It also cancels the cruise control when the clutch is pulled