PDA

View Full Version : New Wax, for Doc and other Fast Movers....

cjackg
03-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Just ran across this item which may be of interest:

on his website, www.RadarDetector.org (http://www.RadarDetector.org), Radar Roy explained that there is something else you can do to decrease your vehicle's laser reflectivity.
"We've tested a wax-like coating called Veil Stealth Coating. Brushed on to headlight lenses and shiny surfaces at the front of a vehicle, independent tests show that it cuts the distance of laser tracking by 50- to 73-percent."

Yazz
03-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Phantoms already have the stealth factor. :yes:

NancysToy
03-05-2011, 10:02 PM
...and if you like this stuff, I can make you a great offer on the Brooklyn Bridge. Sorry, sounds like a perpetual motion machine to me. If junk like this actually worked, the military would ban its sale, and wax all their jets and ships with it. Call me skeptical!

BajaRon
03-05-2011, 10:04 PM
...and if you like this stuff, I can make you a great offer on the Brooklyn Bridge. Sorry, sounds like a perpetual motion machine to me. If junk like this actually worked, the military would ban its sale, and wax all their jets and ships with it. Call me skeptical!

:agree: Sounds like snake oil to me. But I've been wrong before. It's been so long that I've forgotten what it was about, but I'm pretty sure it did happen.

boborgera
03-05-2011, 11:47 PM

Scotty;
I'm going to send you a Cease and Desist order, My old man bought the Brooklyn Bridge back in the 20's, and now i have the deed' So i'm the only one who can make offers on the brige. :D

Firefly
03-06-2011, 01:54 AM
Actually there is *some* truth behind what they're doing with the Veil stuff. Radar Roy knows quite a bit--- good info and tests of various products.

The gains are pretty minimal.... not worth it in my opinion-- but it's not expensive to do. The Spyder has such a large front end that it would be hard to mask it all.