PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Viper Red RTS

Rekka
03-05-2011, 10:18 AM
It's been a long time coming but I finally came to terms with the fact that I had to sell my Custom Suzuki M109R. I have Multiple Sclerosis and was forced to give up riding almost 2 years ago. That is when I met my first Spyder. I wasn't sure what to think at the time but I did like the concept. After a long discussion with the local dealer and a test ride at the end of last season I decided to give one a try. I ordered one and brought it home 2 days ago. I haven't stopped smile since. The bike is a dream come true for me and I love it!

fordguyupnorth
03-05-2011, 10:37 AM
THATS AWSOME! congrats on the bike. ( great taste in color too):welcome:

DougB
03-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Welcome to the future. Don't Rekka your Spyder.

IWN2RYD
03-05-2011, 10:45 AM
:congrats::welcome:
:spyder2::doorag::2thumbs:

napper39
03-05-2011, 12:02 PM
hot red ,what a life youl be living now have fun and hope to see you iat spyder fest.:congrats::2thumbs:

Hawk Eye
03-05-2011, 12:06 PM
:welcome::congrats::yes:
I almose bought a Red one myself.

Pete

NancysToy
03-05-2011, 01:12 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: It looks good on you! Glad you found a way to get back on the road.....in style!

baldman902
03-05-2011, 01:56 PM
:welcome::congrats:Good luck and welcome back to the fold!

bikeguy
03-05-2011, 02:17 PM
:congrats: That is an absolutely beautiful ride!

Cotton

JJW SpyderRider
03-05-2011, 02:17 PM
:welcome: and :congrats:. I'm loving the red! As you can see I'm a little biased.

fastfraser
03-05-2011, 02:26 PM
:congrats::welcome::spyder2: ON, glad you can ride again !

retired1
03-05-2011, 06:53 PM
:congrats: and :welcome:. Glad to hear that you will be able to "get back in the wind".:thumbup:

TicketBait
03-05-2011, 08:12 PM
:2thumbs::thumbup::welcome:

SpyderAnn01
03-05-2011, 08:28 PM
:congrats: and :welcome:

Barbary
03-05-2011, 08:31 PM
:welcome::congrats: Great choice in color...:thumbup:

Slybird
03-05-2011, 09:00 PM
:welcome: and a hearty :congrats:!!! Welcome aboard, my friend! Awesome looking RT!!!

Marker
03-05-2011, 09:02 PM
:welcome::congrats: I like the color good choice:thumbup:

Big Arm
03-05-2011, 10:11 PM
:congrats: on your new :spyder2: and :welcome:

stormtrooper
03-05-2011, 10:30 PM
:congrats: :welcome: Have fun with your new toy. :thumbup:

mclaw44
03-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Congrats! :welcome:

fispyder
03-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Congrats! :welcome:
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

medic 1
03-06-2011, 03:15 AM
:congrats: on the new ride, get used to people looking at ya and taking pictures of you going down the road not to mention the long time to fill up cause there are so many questions all the time. Ryde safe Bill

GadgetGuy442
03-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Hi Rekka,

Congrats on the new Spyder... it looks awesome. Love the color!

I'd imagine that you're likely to find that:
- Your love of riding will grow with every one you take...
- You'll look for any reason / opportunity to go for a ride...
- You'll spend much more time in the garage, cleaning and polishing it...
- Accessories hunting will become a new-found interest...
- Projects around the house will have to compete with riding time (and often won't win)...
- You'll enjoy this board and the people who ryde Spyders immensely...
- etc.......

Enjoy! :2thumbs:

Bill

rogerb
03-06-2011, 09:37 AM
:congrats: :welcome: Your not the first or are you the last to buy out of necessity. More people than you think have bought :spyder2:s because of some kind of physical dissability. I bought mine because of a broken ancle. After my first ride my comment was Why didn't I do this sooner. I hope you enjoy your :spyder2: as much as I enjoy mine.

Rekka
03-06-2011, 11:42 PM
It has taken a bit of getting used to but I have 280 miles on it. I do miss the leaning into corners but it is a fun comfortable ride. Rolls a bit to much going into a quick corner with a passenger. I am already looking to adjust a few things like the shocks and tire pressure but otherwise it's a great ride.

IWN2RYD
03-07-2011, 12:01 AM
It has taken a bit of getting used to but I have 280 miles on it. I do miss the leaning into corners but it is a fun comfortable ride. Rolls a bit to much going into a quick corner with a passenger. I am already looking to adjust a few things like the shocks and tire pressure but otherwise it's a great ride.
Great to hear!

BTW... To be a little of help (If even needed) setting the front air at about 17-18 and the springs @ #4 that seems to be a good spot for two up, if for nothing else a starting point. The rear on the other hand I leave to everyone else. I have not yet found a sweet spot to offer up...:thumbup:

CyncySpyder
03-07-2011, 12:17 AM
:congrats: & :welcome:

Welcome to the SpyderHood.

Love the color choice, looks HOT!!!:thumbup:

You'll find much of what's been said to be very true:thumbup::thumbup:

And this Site to be one of the :firstplace: BEST RESOUCES for everything SPYDER RELATED :2thumbs:

Teddy & I both look forward to read'n about your adventures on yur new :spyder:

I don't know about you, but more often than not, I seem to have a problem
after long rydes :gaah:

My face hurts :roflblack: from so much smile'n :D SERIOUSLY !!!

ENJOY !!! :doorag:

ARtraveler
03-07-2011, 02:35 AM
:congrats: and :welcome:. The photo brings out the beauty of the red color--and does it justice. Enjoy your new ride.

Lamonster
03-07-2011, 04:07 AM
Looks great :welcome:

Mr. White
03-07-2011, 09:14 AM
I ordered my red RT-S SE5 on Jan. 24. I see BRP is shipping red Spyders...I guess it will take a while for them to get it down to south Texas. Oh, I can wait, but I don't have to like it...ha ha

Mr. White
03-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Rekka, when did you order your red one? I am just wondering how long the lead times are on these red Spyders? As I said above, I ordered mine Jan. 24. WOW! It looks better than I thought it would....enjoy.

It's been a long time coming but I finally came to terms with the fact that I had to sell my Custom Suzuki M109R. I have Multiple Sclerosis and was forced to give up riding almost 2 years ago. That is when I met my first Spyder. I wasn't sure what to think at the time but I did like the concept. After a long discussion with the local dealer and a test ride at the end of last season I decided to give one a try. I ordered one and brought it home 2 days ago. I haven't stopped smile since. The bike is a dream come true for me and I love it!

NancysToy
03-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Rekka, when did you order your red one? I am just wondering how long the lead times are on these red Spyders? As I said above, I ordered mine Jan. 24. WOW! It looks better than I thought it would....enjoy.
George, many of us ordered even earlier, in 2010, as soon as the 2011s were announced. The reds are just starting to show up, but there was a brief halt in production. Production has resumed, and all the reds should finish shipping soon, as production of the white Limited edition begins. Patience, Grasshopper! :D

Mr. White
03-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Scotty, Ha ha, at 78 I don't have a lot of time to wait like you youngsters.. :D I sent you a pm. Why did you order a SM5 vs SE5? Just wondering....

Rekka
03-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Well, I think most who haven't received their red ones are not going to like me very much. I called a local deal friend of mine and told him exactly what I wanted and he called me back and told me he would have a perfect match in his showroom in 2 weeks. That was February 23rd. I traded him my 109 and was on the road with my :spyder2: March 3rd. From the beginning when I decided to sell my 109 to end of the deal when I took delivery was about 3 weeks total.

NancysToy
03-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Most dealers ordered their Spyders for their stock in September, or so. Now that they are starting to ship, people are going to start finding them in their showrooms, ready for purchase. It is not a contest, so there are certainly no hard feelings. Those of us up north might get a bit jealous of others that have better weather, though. :D

SilverFox1
03-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Congrats Rekka! Red is beautiful and fast but Pearl White is more comfortable :roflblack: By the way Rekka,,, Which movies or which band do you star in? Just curious. You are a Rock Star now. You'll see.

SilverFox :congrats:

Rekka
03-07-2011, 01:55 PM
I think I can be seen on America's Most Wanted. But if I am right they are just following the :spyder: around and not me. :roflblack: I have a standing invitation to visit my friend in the Keys but only if I bring the :spyder2: I am looking forward to cruising down the coast and then out to the Keys and back.

SpyderGirl
03-07-2011, 02:35 PM
AWESOME!!! :congrats: I love the color!! :2thumbs:

Happy Spydering!!!!!

REDSPY
03-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Congrats and it looks great. My dealer called me last week while I was in Mexico getting some sun and got me all excitied as they got a Red RT delivery. He then called me a couple of hours later and said it was the SM not the SE. Still waiting for the SE with hopes it will be on the next truck.
//Don

emacrn
03-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Hello George. Welcome to the community. Iv'e had my 2010 RT since July. After dealing with some initial problems ( mostly recall concerns) I came to really love this bike. I have a bad back & had to give up 2-wheelers. I miss a little fun in the corners but nothing else. I am just as comfortable on my Spyder as I am in my car. I hope you have good experiences with your Spyder, Give yourself a little time to get used to it's different handling characteristics & you may put your other trike in the garage most of the time.
By the way, I spent 8 years in the Air Force. Besides Basic & schools. & was assigned to Bentwaters RAF in England, Hollowman NM, & Nellis NV.
Good riding, ed mcmillan

Mr. White
03-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Ed, as I wrote on another post, I have been riding 62 years, interrupted by Korea and Viet Nam...Rode in Germany and Japan. It took me 500 miles to get used to my GW trike...I rode it 18K as a two wheeler and then triked it...bad knee...now have 41K on the kit. Love it. The Spyder is a different animal and it will take me a couple of weeks (500 miles) to love it and move it into my living room next to my Lazy Boy and Wing....ha ha

Put 29 in the AF...ten enlisted, 19 officer...loved it....then worked for Sony 14....loved it too, but very different atmosphere...learned a lot from both....I await my Red Rocket....:clap: