PDA

View Full Version : Zahra Baker Memorial Ride

hevnbound
03-03-2011, 01:12 AM
The terrible death of this beautiful little ten-year old girl really touched my heart. I hope all Spyder Lovers within riding distance to Hickory, NC can make this ride. Hope to see you there.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + ++ + + + + + + + +

Ride to benefit St. Jude's children's hospital in Memphis Tennessee and BACA bikers against child abuse NC chapter, in Zahra's memory.

April 16th …… Registration will be from 10 am till 12 noon at:

Blue Ridge Harley Davidson

2002 13th Avenue Drive SE
Hickory, NC 2860
Phone: 828. 327.3030

We will have 2 registration tables set up to give everyone ample time to register.

All Bikes out at 12.30 for ride. At this time we are planning to ride through Catawba and Caldwell counties We will be riding to Hudson elementary school in Caldwell county to visit Zahra’s Memorial Garden, then down Dudley Shoals road back in to Catawba county.</SPAN>

Registration Fee- $15.00 per rider $20.00 if you have a passenger or back seat warmer.

Go To: https://waystohelp.stjude.org/sjVPortal/public/event/page/displayEventPage.do?eventId=159003&programId=51 (https://waystohelp.stjude.org/sjVPortal/public/event/page/displayEventPage.do?eventId=159003&programId=51) You can "Register" to become a participant to raise funds for the ride or, "Donate to a Participant" (see below), or, you can just donate by clicking on "Donate To Event."

*** If you can’t attend the event but would like to donate, I would appreciate a donation by clicking on the Donate to participant tab. Type in my name; Sam Phillips, hit search. Then, click on my name on the lower left of the page. This will take you to the "Donate Now" tab. Any amount no matter how small or large would be greatly appreciated.

...Rules Of The Ride

Our goal and objective is to keep our riders safe... No Alcoholic beverages before or during event. This is an awareness and memorial ride/event for child abuse and child hood cancer. So please be advised if you consume you will not be allowed to register or participate. If it is discovered you have consumed after registration your money will be refunded and you will not be allowed to participate in this event.

Sponsors

Steve White Motors, Black Diamond Collision, Allray Tire, A Cleaner Standard, Fine Line Auto Works, Dinos Pizza, Retro Cinema 4,Mcdonalds-Fry Girl Management-Winston Salem, Lollipop Stop Child Development Center, Newton VFW post 5305

Ltownblue
03-03-2011, 06:03 AM
Great cause Sam - thanks for posting. You can count on my donation, but not sure as to whether I will be able to ride that day or not. I will try my best to make it.

SpyderDuck
03-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Catniption and I plan to join the ride, barring unforeseen circumstances, and will bring other participants if possible. Zahra's body was tossed out around the general area of my childhood home.