PDA

View Full Version : DPS

skeet
03-01-2011, 10:48 PM
I have a 2008 with 25,000 plus miles and have had NO problems with anything including the steering. Now with the recall on the DPS, I am in a quandry. I have talked to 2 owners that had the recall done, and are not happy with the results--one of which even sold his bike because he was not happy with the results. I have been notified that a nearby dealer has one ready for me. To do, or not to do?
Comments will be appreciated.

MMcc
03-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I had about 3100 miles on my :spyder2:without a problem. Then the sudden swerves started. Not every time but enough to make driving the:ani29: not a comfortable experience. Of course I was happy with the steering as it was because I did not know any better. When I was able to get the new DPS installed I jumped at the chance. After the installation the test drive was surprising. I made a few turns in the large parking lot of the dealers and then out on the road. What a difference. Old was good, new was better. Better tracking, easier turns at low speed, no jerky corners. It did take a few hundred miles for me to finely relax on the freeway. Still waiting for the dreaded swerve. 3xxx miles later I am happy with the results, but I did have the initial steering problems so I am biased.

boborgera
03-01-2011, 11:31 PM
I have a 2008 with 25,000 plus miles and have had NO problems with anything including the steering. Now with the recall on the DPS, I am in a quandry. I have talked to 2 owners that had the recall done, and are not happy with the results--one of which even sold his bike because he was not happy with the results. I have been notified that a nearby dealer has one ready for me. To do, or not to do?
Comments will be appreciated.

:dontknow:
You might not like feel of the new DPS but you'll get use to it, so much so that you'll forget how the old one felt.
But I'll tell you this if the old DPS starts to take you for a few white knuckle flights across a lane or two,:yikes:
You'll be at the dealer the next morning looking for a new DPS.

pathfinderjoe
03-02-2011, 12:13 AM
I also have a 2008. Had the DPS upgrade and the steering works fine. Yes, it takes some getting use to but it's better to be safe -than sorry.

dvmdf
03-02-2011, 01:31 AM
IMHO it should be done. the old one can become dangerous unpredictably. Make sure that the dealer knows what they are doing

docdoru
03-02-2011, 06:05 AM
I drove with a bad DPS to 2010 BRP Chigago event and back.
My advice to upgrade your Syder with the gen2 DPS: do it :thumbup:

Gordy
03-02-2011, 11:14 AM
I have about 4000km on new dps and find it much better than old unit a lot nicer on curves and passing:ohyea:

Euripedes Neves
03-03-2011, 11:24 PM
I had about 3100 miles on my :spyder2:without a problem. Then the sudden swerves started. Not every time but enough to make driving the:ani29: not a comfortable experience. Of course I was happy with the steering as it was because I did not know any better. When I was able to get the new DPS installed I jumped at the chance. After the installation the test drive was surprising. I made a few turns in the large parking lot of the dealers and then out on the road. What a difference. Old was good, new was better. Better tracking, easier turns at low speed, no jerky corners. It did take a few hundred miles for me to finely relax on the freeway. Still waiting for the dreaded swerve. 3xxx miles later I am happy with the results, but I did have the initial steering problems so I am biased. I have the same resolt, after replacement big improviment very happy antill now only 1k mls hope for good time.

CyncySpyder
03-03-2011, 11:30 PM
Went on a Ryde tonight with Teddy & going around a tight corner about 25-30mph it took almost everything I had to keep the turn going. Ive never really had an issue with the DPS, but I'm guessing this is related to it. Teddy's RT-S goes in the shop on Monday for it's 12K check-up & to get the DPS done :thumbup:

boborgera
03-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Went on a Ryde tonight with Teddy & going around a tight corner about 25-30mph it took almost everything I had to keep the turn going. Ive never really had an issue with the DPS, but I'm guessing this is related to it. Teddy's RT-S goes in the shop on Monday for it's 12K check-up & to get the DPS done :thumbup:

I had the same happen to me last year, Did it once thought it was me.
Then it would start doing it quite often ,Especially going around jug handles. Got the new DPS Sept. So far no more white knuckle rides.

musicarcade
03-04-2011, 12:04 AM
It would be foolish not to get the DPS replaced.nojoke

Neez
03-04-2011, 01:20 AM
Do the change-up or risk what BRP calls "an out-of-lane excursion"!