PDA

View Full Version : Kit for RT-622 Trailer

johnnyg
03-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Has anyone received the letter in the maill from BRP on the Water Management Kit for the RT-622 trailer. jc

bullant12
03-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Has anyone received the letter in the maill from BRP on the Water Management Kit for the RT-622 trailer. jc

Not me... please share!:chat: Bought mine last January...

MangoMike
03-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Not yet, but I've alerted my dealer (he didn't know anything about this) and he's ready to start installing as soon as they arrive.

Mike

SpyderAnn01
03-01-2011, 07:52 PM
I went into my dealer today to find out about the kit. I bought my trailer from a dealer in NY and I live in MI. They looked up my VIN and said that it is registered to me but they didn't know where BRP would send the kit. So I am going to try to find out for myself. They had not received any kits yet.

Lamonster
03-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Just picked mine up today and just installed it about 10 minutes ago. :2thumbs:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=494&pictureid=13712

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=494&pictureid=13711

TicketBait
03-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Not me... please share!:chat: Bought mine last January...

read the first post that Lamonster provides a link to http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25634&highlight=water+management it talks all about what they will do

MarkLawson
03-01-2011, 09:27 PM
No letter yet. Dealer didn't know about it, but my trailer is the only one they've sold...

dave01
03-02-2011, 04:13 AM
Dealer installed mine over 3 weeks ago, along with new rock guard, clear protector panels. Now I need to get out and ryde in some rain. Lol

Questions
03-04-2011, 10:01 PM
SO, does this mean there is a problem with the trailor holding water? For four thousand bucks you'd think it wouldn't have problems of any kind!!! WIsh I could afford one but with out the "water problems"

NancysToy
03-04-2011, 10:26 PM
SO, does this mean there is a problem with the trailor holding water? For four thousand bucks you'd think it wouldn't have problems of any kind!!! WIsh I could afford one but with out the "water problems"
The rear lid on the RT-622 is articulated, to allow it to open wide for loading. As deep and as long as it is, this is an absolute necessity. Unfortunately, this wide-opening feature exposes a gap, and dumps whatever is accumulated on the rear lid, into the trailer unless it is wiped off first. BRP has corrected this with an internal drain tray on the 2011 model, and has offered the tray to 2010 owners free of charge, but you will have to install it yourself or pay for the installation labor. There should be no more water problems.

bullant12
03-04-2011, 10:47 PM

:chill:Some Non-Spyder owners have actually bought this trailer over the other manufacturers simply because of the convenience of the dual openings and design. Other trailers have loading issues, suspension and maneuverability problems so the "water problems" :hun: is really no big issue like Ron said. And BRP took care of it in the next year issue, plus giving previous years a free kit. What other manufacturer has come up with that?

johnnyg
03-06-2011, 08:38 PM
The problem is BRP Hasn't done anything yet. The big deal is everything gets soaked. Question, when do they send the letter saying we can pic up are kit ????? Lamont can you find out when ? jc

johnnyg
04-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Well we finially received the letter from BRP on the Water management Kit. Yesterday april 1 and thats no April fools joke! It said to contact the dealer that you bought your trailer from and we did. They said they would get the kit.:clap: We will see how long it takes them to get it in. Has anyone else received the letter yet? CJ

fishcraz
04-02-2011, 02:54 PM
We got our letter on April 1st also, for the kit. Need to contact dealer now and see when they will have one I can pick up.

Duane

dave01
04-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Well we finially received the letter from BRP on the Water management Kit. Yesterday april 1 and thats no April fools joke! It said to contact the dealer that you bought your trailer from and we did. They said they would get the kit.:clap: We will see how long it takes them to get it in. Has anyone else received the letter yet? CJ

Got my letter yesterday and a call from brp. Told them mine was already done and works great. They said that was the first feedback they have gotten.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MarkLawson
04-02-2011, 03:45 PM
I asked my dealer to order my kit several weeks ago and he called me yesterday to tell me it was in. I then received the letter a couple of hours after his call. Installed it last night.

bullant12
04-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Got my letter yesterday!!:ohyea: Going this week to the dealer and get everything rolling!:popcorn:

SpyderAnn01
04-02-2011, 06:31 PM
I got my letter yesterday also. I went to call the dealer and they had already left me a message that they sent me the kit via FEDEX. DDS Motorsports - Utica, NY they rock!

Yfactor
04-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Still waiting on my letter. :(:(

ThreeFeet
04-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Asked at my Dealer about the kit they said on order, then got the letter. But looking at Lamonts pictures of the "tray" Looks like it would fill up fast with water and THEN WHERE DOES THE WATER GO?:dontknow::hun: I thought the thing would have it so the edges where OUTSIDE of the lid so the water would drain out left or right down the outside of the trailer. Could somebody get some slightly better pix of whole thing on a trailer? Thanks.

GadgetGuy442
04-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Got my letter Friday, and my local dealer (C&C Sports) had kit in stock. They provided the kit to me free of charge, and offered to install it (for a charge). I declined, will do that in next few days.

Here's a pic of what's in the kit. Tray is held in place with two push pins that connect to a hole in the hinging bracketry already in place. Two grommets (one to put into the tray, and the other for the sidewall of trailer after you drill a hole in the wheelhouse - see Lamont's picture earlier in this thread).

You then connect the tray to the sidewall of the wheelhouse with the clear tube and elbow.

Bill

dancogan
04-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Is there any particular trick to drilling through the fiberglass? Should tape be used on both sides before drilling to avoid splintering? Any help would be appreciated.

GadgetGuy442
04-03-2011, 11:51 AM
The instructions say to use a unibit to avoid snagging the carpet threads, but doesn't mention taping. I'd imagine keeping the drill speed up and feeding the bit slowly would minimize any splintering of the fiberglass, but taping doesn't seem like it could hurt!

Bill

MarkLawson
04-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Is there any particular trick to drilling through the fiberglass? Should tape be used on both sides before drilling to avoid splintering? Any help would be appreciated.

I didn't tape it, but just drilled through the carpet & wall of the trailer without trouble using the unibit (3/4" or 19mm hole). I found the most difficult part was pushing the elbow piece through the grommet in the wall. I ended up spraying it with glass cleaner, which really helped. I then pushed the tubing through the grommet in the tray from the top, after spraying it liberally with the glass cleaner. I then sprayed the inside of the tube and pushed it down over the elbow.

This is what worked for me. Tried other ways first and had no luck with it.

The tray has a slight slant to it that causes the water to flow to the right side. There is a grommet on the right end with a clear tube that goes down to an elbow that goes through the wall and the water flows out inside the right wheel well (fender). You can see that tube & elbow in one of Lamont's pictures.

bullant12
04-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Got my letter yesterday!!:ohyea: Going this week to the dealer and get everything rolling!:popcorn:

Went to my dealer to pick it up. The owner (David) asked me why did I didn't bring the trailer. I told him I would do it. He said, "Hell, I won't charge you". Went to pick it up, but at some point I lost my Right Side Body Panel.:mad::chill:

Told David to go ahead and install the trailer "kick stand" (tongue stand). And ordered the side panel. Might as well give me the water kit installed for free!

medic 1
04-09-2011, 06:05 PM
We got our letter and I called the dealer to see if they had it in yet. They had no idea what it was and even asked if it was for an ATV trailer. When I s l o w l y explained what it was for and why I got the letter, their next question was if I bought it there. Sometimes don't you just wish there was an option that allows you to slap the person on the other end for being stupid. So I imagine at some point I will get the part, just not holding my breath or I will look like a smurf by the time it comes around.

bullant12
04-10-2011, 09:54 AM
We got our letter and I called the dealer to see if they had it in yet. They had no idea what it was and even asked if it was for an ATV trailer. When I s l o w l y explained what it was for and why I got the letter, their next question was if I bought it there. Sometimes don't you just wish there was an option that allows you to slap the person on the other end for being stupid. So I imagine at some point I will get the part, just not holding my breath or I will look like a smurf by the time it comes around.

Might want to verify if they are still a :spyder2: dealer... many places have lost their dealer status and have new people working there.