PDA

View Full Version : Gatherin of the Fools

flamingobabe
03-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Gatherin' of the Fools 13th annual motorcycle party. This is a party that my husband and I have been doing for a long time. It started out as a Valkyrie group. We all met in Austin and one of the Austin guys took us to a Bar-b-q joint that was suppose to be the 3rd best in Texas. We could not swallow the stuff, so my husband said , "if you want real smoked meat come to my house" and the rest is history. So, now that I gave you the history...this is the now

when: April 2, 2011 - ride: 9:00am - eat: 4:00pm
where: my house, Friendswood, Texas (pm me for directions)
Here's a video from 2009...it's a good video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8NGlK5M-cI

You guys are invited...any questions...please pm me...charlyne

hotglue
03-01-2011, 10:44 PM
hotglue here..... Flamingobabes' lesser 1/2.....(I don't have a Spyder..LOL).
We have a sign up page for the BBQ. If you are planning to come, PLEASE sign up so we can have a good head count....We will have folks riding in from ALL over the country.... and would HATE to run out of BBQ!!!!!
Hope Ya'll can make it!!!!!!!!Can't Wait!!!!!!:cheers:
Click link below
http://www.valkyrieriders.com/hotglue/
Thanks
hotglue

Mo Lee
03-02-2011, 05:16 AM
Wish I could make it, however I would not know if I should show on a Valkyrie or a Spyder.:roflblack: Actually I'm kinda tied up around that time, I've been following this event for a couple years on the Valkyrie forum and it is one event I would like to make one of these years. Great video!

Lamonster
03-02-2011, 06:53 AM
It's great that you guys are extending it to your new Spyder family. :thumbup:
I've drove 1100 miles one way to this BBQ and it was well worth it for the food and fellowship, I even loss my license in LA :mad: in a speed-trap town but I would go again in a heartbeat. nojoke

Phil
03-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Wow, I'd love to come but My April looks like a 12 gallon garbage bag packed with 25 gallons of trash! T'would be a lovely ride from Tyler too...

Slybird
03-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Great video! Sure wish that I could make it there. All the food and wonderful people :yes: I wish you all a fabulous time!! I'll be thinking of ya!

Hawk Eye
03-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Gatherin' of the Fools 13th annual motorcycle party. This is a party that my husband and I have been doing for a long time. It started out as a Valkyrie group. We all met in Austin and one of the Austin guys took us to a Bar-b-q joint that was suppose to be the 3rd best in Texas. We could not swallow the stuff, so my husband said , "if you want real smoked meat come to my house" and the rest is history. So, now that I gave you the history...this is the now

when: April 2, 2011 - ride: 9:00am - eat: 4:00pm
where: my house, Friendswood, Texas (pm me for directions)
Here's a video from 2009...it's a good video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8NGlK5M-cI

You guys are invited...any questions...please pm me...charlyne
Wish I could make it but work comes first. :doorag:

Thanks Pete

hotglue
03-03-2011, 07:21 AM
It's great that you guys are extending it to your new Spyder family. :thumbup:
I've drove 1100 miles one way to this BBQ and it was well worth it for the food and fellowship, I even loss my license in LA :mad: in a speed-trap town but I would go again in a heartbeat. nojoke

Well.... come on back!!!!!!! Hope it doesn't rain like it did the time you were here!:yikes:!!!LOL. 6 inches in about 3 hours that Saturday morning.
I have extended the covered patio area..... 2400 sq ft. covered area!!!!!! and BBQ pit is covered!!!..:2thumbs:....

hotglue
03-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Wish I could make it, however I would not know if I should show on a Valkyrie or a Spyder.:roflblack: Actually I'm kinda tied up around that time, I've been following this event for a couple years on the Valkyrie forum and it is one event I would like to make one of these years. Great video!

Mo Lee.....Spyder, Valk, car, train, plane, bus..... it doesn't matter.....come on down!!!!

flamingobabe
03-29-2011, 08:36 AM
This Saturday is GOTF......I sure would like to have some Spyder riders attend.....so if you find yourself with nothing to do on this weekend's beautiful weather and want to take a ride and eat really good bar-b-q...meet lots of friendly mc riders...come on down ...pm me for directions....half way between Houston and Galveston

CyncySpyder
03-29-2011, 09:00 AM
:gaah::cus:1100 miles one way & 19 hours :cus::gaah:

There's no doubt that Teddy & I lyke to Ryde, and we'd LOVE to make it, but with SpyderFest so near, I just can't make this one happen:( Sure does look like a good time tho :clap:

Y'all enjoy some Bar-B-Q for Teddy & I :2thumbs:

Lamonster
03-29-2011, 09:09 AM
This Saturday is GOTF......I sure would like to have some Spyder riders attend.....so if you find yourself with nothing to do on this weekend's beautiful weather and want to take a ride and eat really good bar-b-q...meet lots of friendly mc riders...come on down ...pm me for directions....half way between Houston and Galveston
Thought about just showing up but my son decided to show up this week with his wife so I'll be hanging out with them. Have a great time guys. You have the best BBQ for sure.:thumbup:

2Gunns
03-29-2011, 10:38 AM
It looks like you guys really know how to put on a BBQ.... wish I could make it.

My sister lives out in El Paso, she had to teach them how to make real BBQ (Pork NOT Beef) :lecturef_smilie: .... yeah I know, "don't start" (lol)

hotglue
03-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Looks like we will have folks showing up from about 17 states... plus Canada..... the fellow that flew in last year from Norway can't make it this year.. bummer.... He stayed with us an extra week last year because the volcano in Iceland prevented him from flying home.....
We always look forward to the 'Gatherin'....and all the good folks that come....
Lamont... good ta hear ya get ta spend some time with family!!!!!!
Ya Know... Ya just can't beat that!!!!!!!

We would really like for our Spyder friends to join us..... Nothing like havin' a bunch of really cool bikes parked in the front- side-back yard......eatin' Q... and tellin' tales!!!!!
:2thumbs: