PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful ryding weather today

bruiser
02-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Church this morning. Home, change clothes, jump on the :spyder2: go to lunch then hit the road. Temp was 75F, a little breezy but what a gorgeous day. As the wife put it, our left arms are tired from waving at all the bikers on the road today. I aim to take every opportunity to ryde that I can in the next month. 1 April I'm in for hand surgery and then six weeks in a cast :cus:.

NancysToy
02-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Church this morning. Home, change clothes, jump on the :spyder2: go to lunch then hit the road. Temp was 75F, a little breezy but what a gorgeous day. As the wife put it, our left arms are tired from waving at all the bikers on the road today. I aim to take every opportunity to ryde that I can in the next month. 1 April I'm in for hand surgery and then six weeks in a cast :cus:.
Glad you had a good ride. Take a few for your Yankee cousins, too. What kind of hand surgery? Nancy has to have her hand surgery March 22. Same deal, two weeks plaster cast, four weeks plastic cast/brace, then PT for several weeks. Best wishes for a successful surgery and an uncomplicated, speedy recovery.

SpyderAnn01
02-27-2011, 06:07 PM
So is that why you were teaching the wife how to drive the RT so she can take you out while you are recuperating?

Good luck with your surgery and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

bruiser
02-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Glad you had a good ride. Take a few for your Yankee cousins, too. What kind of hand surgery? Nancy has to have her hand surgery March 22. Same deal, two weeks plaster cast, four weeks plastic cast/brace, then PT for several weeks. Best wishes for a successful surgery and an uncomplicated, speedy recovery.

40+ years of turning wrenches has taken it's toll. I have no cartilage in the main joint of my left thumb, bone on bone. The only solution is surgery to take some cartilage from the arm and use it to cushion the joint. I'm right handed! But the doctor had me monitor how much I actually use the left for work. Wow! My right thumb is also headed in the same direction, I had a carpal tunnel release done on the right in '87. It's h _ _ l getting old. But I don't plan on slowing down anytime soon. As a matter of fact, while ryding today the wife said "now this is the way to grow old".

NancysToy
02-27-2011, 08:32 PM
40+ years of turning wrenches has taken it's toll. I have no cartilage in the main joint of my left thumb, bone on bone. The only solution is surgery to take some cartilage from the arm and use it to cushion the joint. I'm right handed! But the doctor had me monitor how much I actually use the left for work. Wow! My right thumb is also headed in the same direction, I had a carpal tunnel release done on the right in '87. It's h _ _ l getting old. But I don't plan on slowing down anytime soon. As a matter of fact, while ryding today the wife said "now this is the way to grow old".
Same procedure for Nancy. It is her right hand. Both sides of her trapezium are shot. They are stealing some tendon from her wrist to transplant into the space after they remove the bone. Best of luck on that surgery...and don't forget to take a ride for those of us still snowed in. :D

WackyDan
02-27-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm here in NC too... But had baby duty so I couldn't get out and ride today. :( Hit 79 degrees...

bikeguy
02-27-2011, 11:55 PM
The high in San Angelo, Texas today was 91 degrees. Unbelievable for Feb. 27 but the wind must have been gusting to 50 MPH this afternoon. We were working checkpoints at the Concho Enduro in the hills west of Blackwell, Texas instead of riding the Spyder. The enduro was lots of fun and the wind would have made riding the Spyder unpleasant anyway.

Get those rides in while you can, bruiser, and hope your surgery goes well.

Cotton

woodchuck
02-28-2011, 12:32 AM

You really know how to hurt someone. We still have snow on the ground.
But anyway, enjoy your ride. Am I jealous?
Yes I am.

dancogan
02-28-2011, 07:45 AM
High of about 38 today. But still found a time when it wasn't snowing , sleeting or raining to get in a 25 mile ride and convince myself I still knew how to do it! lol

CyncySpyder
02-28-2011, 08:09 AM
:2thumbs: & I hope all goes well with yur surgery. Teddy & I will add you to our :pray: list for a flawless procedure & speedy recovery :thumbup: so that you can get back out there on yur :spyder:

bruiser
02-28-2011, 06:50 PM
You really know how to hurt someone. We still have snow on the ground.
But anyway, enjoy your ride. Am I jealous?
Yes I am.

Sorry. Just couldn't contain myself. Where in PA if you don't mind me asking. Thanks for the prayers etc. everyone. I don't really want to do it but there's no other option. My boss (at work :roflblack:) doesn't want me to go out either. That six weeks will put a dent in his incentive. :cus::cus: