PDA

View Full Version : Hospital Stay.

sandrunr1
02-27-2011, 04:23 PM
First let me say I am fine and got through this OK. Just had to spend a few days in the hospital with pneumonia. While I was in there, a few friends came to visit. Everyday, every 15 minutes a nurse or CNA would come to the room and check on me. At 7:30 PM, friends from our club came to visit. As they passed the nurses station in full bike gear, a nurse started to question the group, where do you think you are going. One, a smart mouth but great guy and friend said we are the Muslim Brotherhood come to see our friend who is in room 104. Problem?? She didn't answer and for the next 30 minutes we visited and not a soul came to check on me. Not putting the Muslims out but we are not Muslims. Then the blooddraw guy came to the room to draw blood about 2 hours later. He said rumor had it there was a biker gang in the hospital visiting the guy in room 104. He just stared at me. I finally laughed and said yes, some friends came to visit. He said the rumor was it was about 20+ bikers. So all the nurses left the area till the cops would show up. Cops never came. One of the bikers must have called and told them who they were. There was 9, the youngest 39 a woman, the oldest over 70, a man. They are the trike club from Quiznos that we get together with every Thursday night. Understand, this is a small town. Not much happening here. I guess it was exciting to most. I just wanted to go to sleep but it was nice of them to visit. I guess all ended well.

wyliec
02-27-2011, 04:28 PM
First let me say I am fine and got through this OK. Just had to spend a few days in the hospital with pneumonia. While I was in there, a few friends came to visit. Everyday, every 15 minutes a nurse or CNA would come to the room and check on me. At 7:30 PM, friends from our club came to visit. As they passed the nurses station in full bike gear, a nurse started to question the group, where do you think you are going. One, a smart mouth but great guy and friend said we are the Muslim Brotherhood come to see our friend who is in room 104. Problem?? She didn't answer and for the next 30 minutes we visited and not a soul came to check on me. Not putting the Muslims out but we are not Muslims. Then the blooddraw guy came to the room to draw blood about 2 hours later. He said rumor had it there was a biker gang in the hospital visiting the guy in room 104. He just stared at me. I finally laughed and said yes, some friends came to visit. He said the rumor was it was about 20+ bikers. So all the nurses left the area till the cops would show up. Cops never came. One of the bikers must have called and told them who they were. There was 9, the youngest 39 a woman, the oldest over 70, a man. They are the trike club from Quiznos that we get together with every Thursday night. Understand, this is a small town. Not much happening here. I guess it was exciting to most. I just wanted to go to sleep but it was nice of them to visit. I guess all ended well.

Get well soon.

Since I have worked in a few hospitals, IMO when there are CNA's, they do most of the work.

NancysToy
02-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Hope you heal fast, pneumonia takes a lot out of you for a long time. I know, I have been there many times. When the doctor will let you, get the pneumonia vaccine. It won't prevent all cases, but does a darned good job on most. I have gone the longest stretch in my life without pneumonia, since I got the shot.

GeminiJane
02-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Sandrunr1, glad that you are out of hospital and feeling better. It is sometimes difficult to get the rest you need to heal while there. Hope you are home, comfortable and recovering.

DynamoBT
02-27-2011, 06:32 PM
Hope you heal fast, pneumonia takes a lot out of you for a long time. I know, I have been there many times. When the doctor will let you, get the pneumonia vaccine. It won't prevent all cases, but does a darned good job on most. I have gone the longest stretch in my life without pneumonia, since I got the shot.

Ditto. Nearly died from pneumonia the first time I got it. Ended up on the antibiotic of last resort. I was toast afterwards for quite a while.

Rest a lot. It's still February. By good weather ryding time you should be feeling much better.

WackyDan
02-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Get well soon! Great story, and I know first hand that the staff at hospital usually take comic relief pretty well, but I suppose that depends on the mix of staff any day.

May you be out and riding soon!:pray:

Lamonster
02-28-2011, 04:48 AM
Hope you get to feeling better soon Bro, I had that in Daytona one year and felt like the walking dead. nojoke

Quiznos Bikers :2thumbs:

dancogan
02-28-2011, 07:40 AM
I agree with Scotty. One bout of pneumonia and I agreed to get the vaccine. It takes a lot out of you for a long time.

Good to hear you found humor and friendship in the ordeal. Take it easy coming back to your normal activities and heal fully.

CyncySpyder
02-28-2011, 08:13 AM
Nice lil story :thumbup: thanks for share'n :f_spider:

Teddy & I will add you to our :pray: list also for a speedy recovery. We don't wanna piss the Muslim Brotherhood off....... Now do we :roflblack:

SpyderWolf
02-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Glad to hear you are on the mend. I wish you a continued speedy recovery. Those sound like some good friends, unless they forgot to bring you a sandwich. :D