PDA

View Full Version : right side grill covers

2Gunns
02-26-2011, 12:44 PM
trying to install right side grill covers today and having trouble getting the top one to fit. I know I saw a recent post on this but can't seem to find it. I think my fistration is coming from the very simple instructions..... what does that say about me, if I can't install something with a one line instruction :(

ThreeFeet
02-26-2011, 01:05 PM
That you are just like a lot of us!!:helpsmilie: You have to get a KID to do it!!! You know ..... when ya want the med bottle opened.... or when ya want something diff to do with the computer or phone??? You get a KID!! They know it all!!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: I RENT the neighbor KID once in awhile for stuff like that!!!:D:joke:

boborgera
02-26-2011, 10:16 PM
That you are just like a lot of us!!:helpsmilie: You have to get a KID to do it!!! You know ..... when ya want the med bottle opened.... or when ya want something diff to do with the computer or phone??? You get a KID!! They know it all!!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: I RENT the neighbor KID once in awhile for stuff like that!!!:D:joke:

:roflblack:
That's how i change my clocks twice a year; Neighbors Kid.nojoke

Lamonster
02-26-2011, 10:24 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=494&pictureid=13408

2Gunns
02-27-2011, 11:08 AM
that top right hand side screw (into the inner plastic), is that something you came up with? That's where I was having troubles..... not in the instructions, but solves the problem.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=494&pictureid=13408

Dragonrider
02-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Indeed - I didn't see that added screw in the instruction either… but I figured that one out...

Lamonster
02-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Here's what I wound up with. I cut the one tab off because it was fighting me and just used the top and two side tabs.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=494&pictureid=13708

SpyderRider
03-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Hey Lamont,

What grills did you go with? I can't decide between the ESI or the Kewlmetals...any advice from the "grand pooba"? :bowdown:

eddieshep999
03-08-2011, 12:54 PM
With Reference to Grills

I have made my own using Stainless Steel Perforated Sheets
They have 6mm diameter holes =
Perforations: 6mm diameter at 8mm centres giving 51% open area.

I have posted some photos to show what I did - I also used the same
S/S Perforated sheets over the existing LHS Grill to match the 2 Sides
I used Cable ties (Zip ties) to attach the S/S Sheet to the existing plastic Grill

On the RHS
I used M6 Body Nuts to attach the Grills by drilling holes in the plastic
and screwing through the S/S sheets into the M6 Body nuts

I also used some Automotive door edging to finnish off the appearance

Hope the photos help to show what I did

Eddie Sheppard
Reading UK

ThreeWheels
04-15-2011, 03:00 AM
Hey Lamont,

What grills did you go with? I can't decide between the ESI or the Kewlmetals...any advice from the "grand pooba"? :bowdown:

I'm not a "pooba" and I don't play one on TV.

I bought the ESI grill. It doesn't match the left side very well, the holes are too small. It's difficult to tell, since you can't really get a view of both grills at the same time, even when you're sitting on the bike, but *I* know it, if you know what I mean.

The only advantage is the cost. ESI sells the grills separately, so you can, as I did, buy just the upper. If you buy both grills, Kewlmetal is less expensive and from the photos on the website the grills appear to match better.

If I had it to do over again, I'd probably go with Kewmetal.

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.