PDA

View Full Version : How to store the wheelchair

Pepo
02-26-2011, 05:55 AM
Hi,

I know that are already some threads exixting with this matter... If I would buy a spyder I would like to have some brackets for my folding wheelchair at the left side, as shown in the pic.

http://www.moppeds.host56.com/AAkl.jpg

Has anybody of you any experience with it?

The German builder of that brackets can do it without loosing the rear seat. Has anybody of you handicaped riders experience with a person in the rear seat? Does it work?

Where do you store your cushion of the wheelchair?

Thanks for your answers:clap:!

floto612
03-08-2011, 04:51 PM
HI,

Floto612 here......I very rarely cruise Spyder forums anymore, too busy.

But, I had one of the first Spyders, first delivery for a Spyder in Canada.

I designed and built a hanger, and spread the word out on this site. If you are good at searching, you should be able to find it.

Maybe easier, to email me, at bfloto@electrorent.com and I can send you my drawings and photos.

Cushion is stuffed between wheelchair and Spyder. (makes for a nice shock absorber!). I use plastic bag, to put my cushion in, on rainy days.

With a rear passanger, it is a little ackward from them at first, as they put their left foot, on the backend of my floorboards. It works.

floto612, again....sorry for my delay in responding.

SethO
03-08-2011, 06:37 PM
i have the one on the back over the seat that I made, i have a rigid frame chair and am not buying a different wheelchair, I don't mind not having a rear seat I use but i ride every day i can.

TreeHillSpyder
03-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Like Seth, I have a rigid chair and rack from David at rackiton.com and still have use of my passenger seat, and the girlfriend loves riding the back. Chair does not interfere with having a passenger.

Brian
Wilmington, NC

Pepo
03-20-2011, 03:02 AM
Thanks to all to your commends. I am still thinking what is the best, the Spydr or a bike with a sidecar. The sidecar is the favorite to put our little dog up. But...
I keep you informed :D.