PDA

View Full Version : Virginia, Maryland, and DC Spyder Riders

bandwagon
02-19-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm interested in knowing who will be driving to Cuba, Mo. to attend the SpyderFest? I would like to meet and plan routes and modes of transportation. I have reservations at the Days Inn for 27 April through 1 May. I'm ready to ride the Spyder or put it on a trailer. :2thumbs::chat:

irish2themax
02-21-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm interested in knowing who will be driving to Cuba, Mo. to attend the SpyderFest? I would like to meet and plan routes and modes of transportation. I have reservations at the Days Inn for 27 April through 1 May. I'm ready to ride the Spyder or put it on a trailer. :2thumbs::chat:

I'm going. Will trailer my Spyder from Martinsburg WV there and back so that I don't have to be concerned about the weather. Plus I can travel longer distances in my Durango than I can on the Spyder. I am at the Super 8 for the same dates.

FYI, might not work out for you since I usually take I-79 and pick up I-64 around Charleston WV rather than using I-81 since it's about an hour shorter for me than going via Richmond. It's about a 15 hour trip for me. I will probably spend the night somewhere to split the trip. Last trip I stayed at the Quality Inn in Lexington KY which leaves about 7 hours to Cuba

However, I will be going to Camdenton MO after the event to pick up my brother and bring him back to PA where he is picking up one of his 5 Harleys! LOL

bandwagon
02-21-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm looking at 64 out of Richmond also and is planning on knocking out 600 mi before stopping near vernon,Ill which is short of St. Louis. However will adjust travel based on others in the area. waiting to hear from others. I will keep in touch and a possible link up in Charleston. I'm leaning toward the trailor since the wife complains of leg pains while sitting on the spyder.