PDA

View Full Version : Need Prayers

BikerDoc
02-14-2011, 12:30 PM
I lost my left eye in an auto accident when I was only 16 years old.. The other eye has seen me through nicely for nearly another 50 years, HOWEVER, now I am told that the cloudiness that I am experiencing will result in complete blindness within a year (that would really put a cramp in my planned 25k Spyder Rydes for next year).. On March 1st I am having a lens transplant into my single working eye.. If it is successful I will most like see better than ever. If it is not successful I will most likely be blind...... Any of you, and especially any of you who have behaved better than me, who would be willing to say a prayer for my successful surgery - I would be eternally greatful!!!!!!!!!!! thanks... Needless to say I am scared.. I thought I had a lot of riding to look forward to.......... ride safe..........

Mowerman
02-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Prayers sent your way. Hope everything works out and you have many more miles to ride.

Mowerman

ARtraveler
02-14-2011, 12:38 PM
You will be in my prayers. Thanks for sharing with the members.

2Gunns
02-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Praying that God's merciful grace works a miricle with your vision and gives you calm knowing he is with you.

CyncySpyder
02-14-2011, 01:00 PM
:pray: thanks for sharing & know that you are not alone. The Spyder World would not be the same without Bikerdoc on the road. You offer so much to all of us. Keep the faith & a positive attitude & we shall lift you up in our prayers as well. Let us know how things progress after you have your surgery.

Tho, since you might not be able to see for a little while afterwards, you may have to ask someone else to do the typing :helpsmilie:

Good luck & :pray: are sent your way every night :thumbup:

IWN2RYD
02-14-2011, 01:01 PM
You are in our prayers... :pray:

mooneych
02-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Even though I'm certain you will be able to see better than ever, I will remember you in my prayers FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY. The way I see it (no pun intended) the sooner you have the procedure, the sooner you'll be able to ride. Let's do it! :pray::doorag:

Noral
02-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Prayers sent,and all the luck to you!

sealfloorboards
02-14-2011, 01:04 PM
My prayer for you is one of acceptance. It is not for us to second guess Gods plan for us. I do pray that restored vision is in His greater plan.

Keep the faith,

John
Seal FloorBoards

MangoMike
02-14-2011, 01:05 PM
God bless you Doc, you will be in my prayers...

Lamonster
02-14-2011, 01:16 PM
I can't imagine what you must be going through right now but our prayers are with you Bro.

pjp623
02-14-2011, 01:28 PM
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray: & many happy thoughts to send you on your way towards a speedy recovery.

retread
02-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Prayers for you now, and each day, may the Lord guide you and your doctors.

john

Eraser
02-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Prayers and Positive Energy headed your way,BikerDoc.:doorag:

Clicker1944
02-14-2011, 01:36 PM
You got it bro!

verge354
02-14-2011, 01:39 PM
believing in prayer with you that ur sight will be restored
:clap::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Lone Spyder Ryder
02-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Sending prayers your way.

dancogan
02-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Don't know about the part about behaving better than you, but prayers and good thoughts are sent your way.

wyliec
02-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Prayers to you fellow spyder ryder.

Gordy
02-14-2011, 02:10 PM
good luck ,I have lenses in both eyes and do see better than I ever have.Prayers for you:bowdown:

OldDog
02-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Prayers going up for you :pray:

Bullet24
02-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Good luck and we all wish you well! You will be in our thoughts and prayers!

biker1
02-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Best wishes and a speedy recovery from all the spyders and bikers in this part of the world. Hope its a successful operation and that you may be years more on the road.

PCBeachBum
02-14-2011, 03:01 PM
BikerDoc, My prayers are with you and for a speedy recovery. Your never alone, Spyder Lover's from around the globe are with you.

SpydermanCT
02-14-2011, 03:11 PM
You are in our prayers fellow Spyder Lover :pray:

napper39
02-14-2011, 03:21 PM
my prayers are with you ,and my thoughts of you will always be as a frend,keep the fath in god and he will help you.

pastorchuck
02-14-2011, 04:04 PM
God is good and will always do what's best for us. My wife has been in the hospital for over two weeks and this is her 4th time in the last year. I am recovering from surgery I had last week. But, through it all God is always working His perfect will in our lives. My prayer is for a successful outcome from this procedure and a special peace for you that only He can give. I'd love to meet up with you on one of your rydes when all this is over.

Bob Denman
02-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Ditto... (I too am flying on one peeper and have been doing so for 23 years... )
Have a little faith and a lot of positve thoughts and you'll come through all of it in fine shape! :thumbup:

fastfraser
02-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Man! Pretty scary stuff . You have my prayers to a complete and fast recovery !

Oklahoma Spyder
02-14-2011, 04:17 PM
You got my prayers coming. Take care.

SpyderRyder2B
02-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Praying for you that you receive your heart's desire of complete healing and many more rides. I pray too, that you will feel God's presence and your fears will lessen. Please keep us posted when you can.

Raptor
02-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Sending prayers your way. This community is strong and always rallies around its brothers and sisters. All the best to you BikerDoc. :pray:

Marker
02-14-2011, 05:05 PM
:pray: you will be in my prayers

boborgera
02-14-2011, 05:11 PM
My Prayers are with you,
And with all energy sent your way from the Spyderlovers gang every thing will work out.:thumbup:

johnnyg
02-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Hal {bikerdoc] Our thoughts and prayers are with you if we can help at any time give us a call, We hope you have a speedy recovery an get back on the :spyder2: :pray::pray: John & Carol.

dave01
02-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Prayers sent your way. Here's to a full and speedy recovery

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Phil
02-14-2011, 05:44 PM
My prayer for you is one of acceptance. It is not for us to second guess Gods plan for us. I do pray that restored vision is in His greater plan.
Keep the faith,
John
Seal FloorBoards

God is good and will always do what's best for us. My wife has been in the hospital for over two weeks and this is her 4th time in the last year. I am recovering from surgery I had last week. But, through it all God is always working His perfect will in our lives. My prayer is for a successful outcome from this procedure and a special peace for you that only He can give. I'd love to meet up with you on one of your rydes when all this is over.

I solidly echo John and Pastor Chuck's comments. I also have spent 35+ years with only right eye sight. No 3D movies for us:sour:. Seriously- I think of the blind man we hear about in Mark 10. Be comforted in the Great Comforter. HIS plan may not always match ours, but it is always the best one:thumbup:....

Chuck- adding you and your bride to my list, sir.

Brevet05
02-14-2011, 05:52 PM
You've my prayers, and your signatre line says the critical piece; have faith in His will!

usurp31
02-14-2011, 05:53 PM
I hope you have a smooth surgery and a speedy recovery.

Jornie1
02-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Psalm 55:22. Len & Kim

Hawk Eye
02-14-2011, 06:26 PM
On our minds and in our hearts

Pete

bruiser
02-14-2011, 06:35 PM
You've got our prayers Doc. I know how hard it was on my dad when he couldn't drive anymore.

DougB
02-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Not sure my behavior is any better than yours, but I'll give it a shot.

DynamoBT
02-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Will definitely keep you in my prayers for a safe and successful surgery. May you have many years of sight and many more miles in you!

memphisdan
02-14-2011, 06:48 PM
BikerDoc you will be in my prayers.

mrwidget
02-14-2011, 07:02 PM
You will be in our prayers

3Willie
02-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Prayers are blessings especially when given for others. We will keep you in our prayers! Heal quickly.

Blue Star
02-14-2011, 07:19 PM
I have prayed for your successful surgery, and that you see (no pun, but truthful statement) your way to Church.

jnt
02-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Thanks for letting us know! Prayers on the way! As time gets closer, we'll send more.

Sent PM

LDFIREWORKS
02-14-2011, 07:29 PM
now in our daily PRAYERS

reggystan
02-14-2011, 07:43 PM
A special prayer go out to you. May god watch over you and keep you safe. Keep us informed please. Take care. RT

JimAlpha
02-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Prayers for you for the surgery to be successful!

Boriken
02-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Prayers for you now, and each day, may the Lord guide you and your doctors.

john
:pray::pray::pray::pray:

Cal777
02-14-2011, 07:57 PM
You have a lot of :spyder2:friends and brothers praying for a speedy recovery for you and comfort through this for and you your family.:pray:

Yfactor
02-14-2011, 08:18 PM
You will definately be in our prayers.

sidAras
02-14-2011, 08:24 PM
My family, and I will be thinking of you in all our prayers. You are not alone!

Best!

GhostRyder
02-14-2011, 08:34 PM
May your opthalmologist have skilled & steady hands.

May your anesthesiologist make you comfortable before, during, and after the procedure.

May your nurses take GREAT care of you throughout the entire surgery and afterwards (don't forget to ask about their sponge bath specials).

And may you have a fast & speedy recovery with AWESOME results!

Good luck and God bless!
:pray:

AnthonyG
02-14-2011, 08:57 PM
You will ride the Spyder for a long time, believe me, The good Lord
will take care of you. I almost died in Vietnam, I LOST my left leg
above the knee plus other wounds that I received in Combat.
I SHOULD have died, but Jesus took care of me as Jesus will
take care of you. You have my prayers. Please let me know how
you are doing.

God Bless.:2thumbs:l

BumbleBee
02-14-2011, 09:13 PM
My prayers are with you. Wish you the best and hope everything goes well with your surgery.

Spyderjohn
02-14-2011, 09:36 PM
We are praying for you. :pray: Be positive!

capt.jim
02-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Hey bikerdoc, here's wishing you the best with your eye surgery, they can do some amazing things these days, hope you have a speedy recovery so you can get back in the saddle soon, praying for you bro!

SilverFox1
02-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Hey BikerDoc! I see a lot of prayers going your way for a successful eye surgery and fast recovery. That is good. I will be praying for you also. I go to Church everyday, you see, I work there. But, if it's OK with you, I'm going to pray for the doctor also at the same time. My son is a surgeon. Trust me, doctors know what you are feelling right about now and I, well, I know what doctors feel also. He tells me!!! Think positive. It's all going to work out. You'll see...........:pray: :pray:

SilverFox

jimclarkf1
02-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Tuesday night I will be going to my Church meeting, and they will ask, who need some extra prayers. Ill say your name:thumbup: HANG IN THERE DOC, It works:clap:

Phil
02-14-2011, 11:25 PM
BikerDoc- Isn't this just amazing?! WOW! Look at all of the love from this group to a person that many of us have never met. But we are tied by the love of three wheels, and a love for others... that can't be explained. Just do a search on prayer in this forum and see what you find. Prayer goes out from our members for health issues, safe travel, family members, death, lots more. Members talk of how prayer and their BELIEF in God, carried them through the darkest of times. I'm one of those guys. It's not something I say... it is a way of life. From what I read, there's several of us that feel this way Doc. We mean every word of that we say when we say we will be praying for guidance for all of your doctors and for God's permissive will to give you many years of continued sight. And we are honest enough to say that God may have a different and better plan. It may not be better in our confined myopic view. Remember that HE can see a boatload more than we can. I can't tell you the things I prayed for only to hear a 'no' or 'not now'. AFTER the fact, many times, I can see that my desires weren't the best in the big picture. Drives me nuts some times! I will say this- WHEN that has happened, my next prayer was that He would give me the grace, understanding and clarity to make something good out of the situation. I have ALWAYS had that prayer answered with YES!

I tell my son-in-law... God ain't no slot machine. We can't keep puttin prayers in expecting one to eventually pay off. There is ONE that will, but that's for an off-forum conversation :)

I have to smile... On the Off Topic Board there is a thread called Off Topic Discussions that called for there to be no mention of God or race or religion. We'd be in sad shape here wouldn't we, ...if God was taken off the table!:D

patdcop
02-14-2011, 11:44 PM
My prayers are added.

effgjamis
02-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Hey my friend I have been there and done that.all in the past 6 months. I sent you a PM with the details.

Lets Ride.......:yes::yes::yes:

bikeguy
02-15-2011, 01:06 AM
My prayers are surely with you, BikerDoc, and I'll say one for the doc who will be working on your eye as well. I had cataract surgery on both eyes last year and see well enough now that I was able to remove the eyeglasses restriction from my driver's licence. I'm praying that your surgery comes out as well.

Cotton

Bulldogger
02-15-2011, 10:49 AM
:pray:Positive thoughts, yield positive out comes.:2thumbs:

Badasz
02-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Prayers sent out to you for a safe and successful surgery and a spedy recovery

2WCKED
02-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Prayers going out for you. :pray: I wish you all the best!

tofriendscreek
02-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Having had major surgery on both eyes, I fully understand your fears. I will continue to call on the Lord to give you peace with the procedure, confidence in the doctors and his grace that when the bandages are removed you will see the world in all of it's beauty from the seat of your Spyder! Faith isn't easy, but sometimes it's all we got.

jedd
02-15-2011, 01:09 PM
:pray::pray::pray::pray: Praying for You:bowdown:

hevnbound
02-15-2011, 04:14 PM
BikerDoc- Isn't this just amazing?! WOW! Look at all of the love from this group to a person that many of us have never met. But we are tied by the love of three wheels, and a love for others... that can't be explained. Just do a search on prayer in this forum and see what you find. Prayer goes out from our members for health issues, safe travel, family members, death, lots more. Members talk of how prayer and their BELIEF in God, carried them through the darkest of times. I'm one of those guys. It's not something I say... it is a way of life. From what I read, there's several of us that feel this way Doc. We mean every word of that we say when we say we will be praying for guidance for all of your doctors and for God's permissive will to give you many years of continued sight. And we are honest enough to say that God may have a different and better plan. It may not be better in our confined myopic view. Remember that HE can see a boatload more than we can. I can't tell you the things I prayed for only to hear a 'no' or 'not now'. AFTER the fact, many times, I can see that my desires weren't the best in the big picture. Drives me nuts some times! I will say this- WHEN that has happened, my next prayer was that He would give me the grace, understanding and clarity to make something good out of the situation. I have ALWAYS had that prayer answered with YES!

I tell my son-in-law... God ain't no slot machine. We can't keep puttin prayers in expecting one to eventually pay off. There is ONE that will, but that's for an off-forum conversation :)

I have to smile... On the Off Topic Board there is a thread called Off Topic Discussions that called for there to be no mention of God or race or religion. We'd be in sad shape here wouldn't we, ...if God was taken off the table!:D

One of the best posts I've seen on this Forum! Thanks Phil. All I can do is say AMEN.

BikerDoc ... about this time, I think God might be saying .... there sure are a lot of folks that love Bikerdoc .......... and I am going to pray for an extra measure of His Grace for you. He loves you unconditionaolly regardless of how you have acted - just ask me!!!!! He will give you His best and it will all work out.

This is one great group of people. If I ever sell my Spyder I am still going to hang around here.

flamingobabe
02-15-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't know if I have behaved any better than you...but am will to ask God for sucess in your surgery and to give you strength to heal quickly...prayers from Texas...

Firefly
02-15-2011, 04:46 PM
BikerDoc---Wishing you the best of what technology can offer for a smooth procedure and quick recovery. :2thumbs:

-------------------------------

Firefly
02-15-2011, 04:55 PM

I guess I'm the minority that agrees with what Arthur said. Discussions on such topics often lead to angry posting and arguments.

MoonChaser213
02-15-2011, 05:55 PM
and see great now....I pray you have the same success, Hal. Sending healing energy to you now.....:f_spider: Believe things will get better, and they will. (who said that?)

Barbary
02-15-2011, 09:29 PM
:pray::pray::pray::pray:

Mr. White
02-15-2011, 10:02 PM
Doc, you will get through this with flying colors...why? Because I said so. My luck is with you.

COOLMACHINE
02-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Of course my prayers are with you and your soon-to-be successful operation. May God Bless you and watch over you. Of course it is no big deal Doc but would you share your first name with us? I'm Jerry. Thanks.

Blue Star
02-15-2011, 11:17 PM
I guess I'm the minority that agrees with what Arthur said. Discussions on such topics often lead to angry posting and arguments.

I agree with the fact that this topic could lead to arguments, but only if you can get two people to argue about it. I personally will never tell someone that their opinion is wrong, no matter how stupid it is.

BikerDoc
02-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Of course my prayers are with you and your soon-to-be successful operation. May God Bless you and watch over you. Of course it is no big deal Doc but would you share your first name with us? I'm Jerry. Thanks.

My first name is Hal.. My surgery is scheduled now for Mar 1st.. I have felt a great boost from the support I am receiving from Spyder Lovers around the country and will let you all know the outcome

tajohn
02-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Sending prayers and hopes for a speedy recovery

GloryRyders
02-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Our prayers:pray: are with you Biker Doc............especially for the doctors and all that will participate in the procedure. Keep all of us updated before and after. Looking forward to meeting you on the road! Keep the faith!:2thumbs:

Papa
02-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Best of luck for a safe surgery and a speedy recovery

CyncySpyder
02-16-2011, 11:31 AM
My first name is Hal.. My surgery is scheduled now for Mar 1st.. I have felt a great boost from the support I am receiving from Spyder Lovers around the country and will let you all know the outcome

Every night, know that you are in my :pray: Hal :thumbup: you have a bunch of caring & loving ppl here that look forward to your speedy recovery & hope to get the chance to ryde with you as well :agree:

Big Bird
02-16-2011, 12:32 PM
You are in our nightly prayers Hal. All the other folks have said about all that can be said. Faith in yourself and your team of Dr.'s is essential. I've had both of my knees replaced, and it only gets better... We are all there with you, all the way.
:pray::pray::pray:
Glenn and Carmen with the Big Bird.

SpyderCrazy
02-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Prayers going out for you, your family, the doctors and all involved in your surgery, and recovery. :pray:

grumpybob
02-17-2011, 12:09 PM
:pray: going out to you for a great operation and speedy recovery. Hope to hear you are back to riding soon after March 1st.

GI Jane
02-17-2011, 12:28 PM
My prayers are with you. :pray:

effgjamis
02-17-2011, 07:28 PM
BikerDoc... see you at the Catfish Johnnies ( FL ) Sat ride.

dltang
02-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Praying for total healing and restored sight for you. Praying that God's wisdom will be guiding the hands of your surgeons. Praying for the comfort of Jesus for you during you time of worry and recovery.