PDA

View Full Version : New Seat

annieleilani
02-07-2011, 05:58 AM
I finally picked up my new Corbin seat yesterday. Rode 55 miles with temps at 59 and cloudy. Kinda nice, actually. Just want to say I hate my seat and I really mean it! I couldn't get comfortable and felt like I wanted to slide forward! The back rest is up to far (my fault), and pushed me in the back all the way home. I just don't find this to be a comfortable investment. So what I don't have to raise the whole seat to fill up with gas. Big deal! I want my comfortable stock seat back on!
And.... I can't get my little compartment to open in the front - to much material in the way. The sewing job is very sloppy!

InspectorGadget
02-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Anne,
Sorry to hear that after spending all of that money you are unhappy with your new seat. It takes a honest person to admit something like that, and wouldn't you know it would be a woman. Never catch a man admiting to a mistake like that.:yikes:
Perhaps the seat may take a few hundred miles to get broken in. With a lightweight person like yourself maybe more. Give it a chance you might like it. Good luck.
Have fun and ryde safe C-YA RL

Lamonster
02-07-2011, 08:02 AM
I finally picked up my new Corbin seat yesterday. Rode 55 miles with temps at 59 and cloudy. Kinda nice, actually. Just want to say I hate my seat and I really mean it! I couldn't get comfortable and felt like I wanted to slide forward! The back rest is up to far (my fault), and pushed me in the back all the way home. I just don't find this to be a comfortable investment. So what I don't have to raise the whole seat to fill up with gas. Big deal! I want my comfortable stock seat back on!
And.... I can't get my little compartment to open in the front - to much material in the way. The sewing job is very sloppy!
Seems like I remember you sitting on mine in Daytona and you liked it. You can have them rework it to fit you better. Mine is dished out and there is no way you're going to slide forward and the backrest is adjustable, just a little turn of the screw can make a big difference.

TicketBait
02-07-2011, 11:21 AM

This stuff really works, apply it and you won't slip at all, you do have to reapply it from time to time.
I got mine at a Horse tack store, but you can order it on line- sadl-tite

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER%20RTS/sadltite.jpg

also if you add either sealflloor boards or kewl metal highwayboards, you will learn to ride where
you are securely wedged in the seat.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER%20RTS/SealFloorBoards020.jpg

The back rest is adjustable, with the allan wrench they give you.

If the stitching is sloppy, show us a photo, and what type trims did you get. Some are too hard to stitch into,
they should have mentioned that.Mine isn't perfect, it's custom hand/machine made

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER%20RTS/SpyderCorbin-seat012.jpg

good luck, hope it works out better for you.

annieleilani
02-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Guess what, Lamont??? I told them that is what I wanted - and on my order that's what they wrote - (Do a Lamonster Dish in the seat). It's terrible. :helpsmilie:

TicketBait
02-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Guess what, Lamont??? I told them that is what I wanted - and on my order that's what they wrote - (Do a Lamonster Dish in the seat). It's terrible. :helpsmilie:

...with the Lamonster cut you sit lower and further back at the expense of more padding being taken away .....

Lamonster
02-07-2011, 03:04 PM
If it's dished out I don't see how you could be sliding forward. I wonder if they just gave you the stock cut. :dontknow:

annieleilani
02-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Anne,
Sorry to hear that after spending all of that money you are unhappy with your new seat. It takes a honest person to admit something like that, and wouldn't you know it would be a woman. Never catch a man admiting to a mistake like that.:yikes:
Perhaps the seat may take a few hundred miles to get broken in. With a lightweight person like yourself maybe more. Give it a chance you might like it. Good luck.
Have fun and ryde safe C-YA RL

you are so sweet! Thanks RL!

annieleilani
02-07-2011, 05:37 PM
This stuff really works, apply it and you won't slip at all, you do have to reapply it from time to time.
I got mine at a Horse tack store, but you can order it on line- sadl-tite

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER%20RTS/sadltite.jpg

also if you add either sealflloor boards or kewl metal highwayboards, you will learn to ride where
you are securely wedged in the seat.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER%20RTS/SealFloorBoards020.jpg

The back rest is adjustable, with the allan wrench they give you.

If the stitching is sloppy, show us a photo, and what type trims did you get. Some are too hard to stitch into,
they should have mentioned that.Mine isn't perfect, it's custom hand/machine made

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER%20RTS/SpyderCorbin-seat012.jpg

good luck, hope it works out better for you.

Thank you so much!

johnnyg
02-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Annie take it back to corbin an tell them your unhappy with it they will try an help you, Good luck jc

SpydeRider2010
02-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Annie,

Corbin will bust their butts to make it right. the last thing they want is, bad press; from an saddle sore rider.

just roll it back to them, splain what it is that you don't like, what you've lost, and what you need... and I'm certain they'll work with you to make it right.

and DON'T take NO for an answer, from some snot nose at the front counter. ;)

annieleilani
02-08-2011, 05:46 AM
Annie,

Corbin will bust their butts to make it right. the last thing they want is, bad press; from an saddle sore rider.

just roll it back to them, splain what it is that you don't like, what you've lost, and what you need... and I'm certain they'll work with you to make it right.

and DON'T take NO for an answer, from some snot nose at the front counter. ;)

You are so funny! I have already sent an email to the real nice guy that installed my seat. I will be back this weekend to get my stock seat back on my bike. Thanks for the support!

Recon
02-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Annie, talk to Capt Jim about how well he likes his Utopia backrest; we installed it last week. I've had mine for over 6 months and bikerdoc has had his for a few as well, we love it and the extra support makes for a much better ryde.

annieleilani
02-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Annie, talk to Capt Jim about how well he likes his Utopia backrest; we installed it last week. I've had mine for over 6 months and bikerdoc has had his for a few as well, we love it and the extra support makes for a much better ryde.

I went back to Corbin today. I'm going to see if the Corbin people can make it right cause they will be here for Bike Week. Thank you and hope to see you soon!

fastfraser
02-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Sorry you don't like your Corbin . I think you need to give it a bit of time to break in before you HATE it. Its your butt do what you have to do but I don't think you gave it a fair test .:dontknow:

SpyderDog65
02-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Heck I paid over 900 bucks for my Corbin Seat the week before the LA Owners Event in 09 and I can't stand it either the dam thing makes my tail bone so freakin sore after a ride I can barely move afterwards :-((. I think they had a 110lb girl as the model for making my seat I wish I would have known it was gonna be this uncomfy almost 2 years later I figured it would break in by now NOT

Rando
02-09-2011, 05:59 AM
best upgrade I installed on my Spyder!

Kontour Seat (http://kontourseat.com/)

fastfraser
02-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Best upgrade on my :spyder2: Corbin seat. Going to order a heated seat for my RTS Limited with the Lamonster cut during Bike Week ( 10 % off )

Lamonster
02-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Heck I paid over 900 bucks for my Corbin Seat the week before the LA Owners Event in 09 and I can't stand it either the dam thing makes my tail bone so freakin sore after a ride I can barely move afterwards :-((. I think they had a 110lb girl as the model for making my seat I wish I would have known it was gonna be this uncomfy almost 2 years later I figured it would break in by now NOT

I've said this many times but I'll say it again. Not everyone has a Corbin butt, or a Mustang butt, or a stock butt. Not all Corbin seats feel the same on different bikes. I had two Corbins on my Valkyrie and I hated both of them. One of them was a gunfighter seat and it looked great but after 200 miles I could barley get off the bike because I was so stoved up. The stock seat and the Mustang seat worked the best for me on that bike.

I had a Corbin on my Boss Hoss and I was afraid it was going to do the same thing to me but it turned out to be a pretty good seat. I did 750 mile days no problem on that seat.

Stock seat on my VTX wasn't bad but when I went to a full on custom I changed the seat and it was by far the worst seat I've ever had. It looked great but I couldn't do more than 100 miles at a time in it. I pretty much sold the bike because of it.

My stock seat on my 109 couldn't be better for me. I love that seat and all I did was have it recovered to give it a custom look.

My Corbin seat on my RS/GS took some work for me to get it where I liked it. I was sliding forward and couldn't keep fixed in it for the life of me, that's when I decided to take matters into my own hands and dish it out like a tractor seat. That did the trick for me and now it's a great seat. I will say the stock Spyder seat wasn't all that bad seeing I did do one 1150 mile day in it going to Sturgis. I do like my Corbin better now that it's been dished out.

The stock RT seat was not bad at all for me either but my Corbin RT seat is by far the best seat I've had on any of my bikes to date. I can't see how this could feel any better for me.

Bottomline is we are all different and not all of us will have the same results as another rider because our body types are different, our riding postures are different and what we think is comfortable will be different. I feel bad for anyone that has spent big bucks for a seat and it wasn't what they thought it would be but unless you have a seat custom built to your needs it is the risk you take when you order off the shelf.

SpyderDen
02-09-2011, 09:52 AM
:agree: Well said.:clap:

InspectorGadget
02-09-2011, 10:54 AM
I said in a previous post:
"Never catch a man admiting to a mistake like that.:yikes:"
I was wrong. C-YA RL

OldDog
02-09-2011, 02:52 PM
i just have a little more lard in mine :roflblack::roflblack:

Lamonster
02-09-2011, 02:57 PM
I said in a previous post:
"Never catch a man admiting to a mistake like that.:yikes:"
I was wrong. C-YA RL
Yes you were :D

I had two Corbins on my Valkyrie and I hated both of them. One of them was a gunfighter seat and it looked great but after 200 miles I could barley get off the bike because I was so stoved up.

Roy's Bassets
02-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Corbin seats are not made for two up riding, states that in their ad not made for passenger comfort. I found out when I put on the brakes or was going down a hill, wife ended up all over me, not a bad thing, but it sure played habit with my driving ability. Sold it on ebay lost $300. bucks.:lecturef_smilie:

TicketBait
02-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Corbin seats are not made for two up riding, states that in their ad not made for passenger comfort. I found out when I put on the brakes or was going down a hill, wife ended up all over me, not a bad thing, but it sure played habit with my driving ability. Sold it on ebay lost $300. bucks.:lecturef_smilie:

Sorry yours didn't work out for you, could not find your statement that Corbins saddle is not made for two up riding on the RT. I did pull this from their web site : " Soft foam allows your body to fall through it the longer you sit on it... once compressed, soft foam offers no resilience and you start to experience discomfort. That's why we always say "firm is a good thing!"

My Corbin seat is not as cushy as the OEM, and if I were just gonna ride around town would have stayed with stock,
but my butt feels better on a long ride. Unfortunately for the RT I highly recommend getting a highwayboard to keep you anchred for all possibilities. JMO

MangoMike
02-10-2011, 07:45 PM

We are all different, after Goldwings, Victory Vision, Ultra Classis, and the Spyder stock seat, my wife loves our Corbin. Says it's far better than any of the others. Different strokes....

capt jim
02-10-2011, 08:34 PM
ask any old cowboy about his most comfortable saddle, and he will tell you "custom" its the only way to go !!

Lamonster
03-05-2011, 05:30 AM
I talked with Annie yesterday and shes happy again with her seat. :thumbup:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1223&pictureid=13732

annieleilani
03-05-2011, 05:47 AM
It was great to see Lamont again! And I think it's great that he posted my bike on the site! Again, I love my new seat!!!!

Lamonster
03-05-2011, 05:51 AM
It was great to see Lamont again! And I think it's great that he posted my bike on the site! Again, I love my new seat!!!!I wish you would make up your mind. :roflblack:

MouthPiece
03-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Okay Anne. Now I'm confused. Do you or do you not like your new Corbin seat????????

Chris