PDA

View Full Version : everybody ok??

dol
02-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Today and yesterday at the news they show pictures about the heavy snow in missouri ,oklahoma,west side;etc.
I hope everybody is save
gr dol

COOLMACHINE
02-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks for asking. I say we pretty much dodged a bullet here in St. Louis City. Just colder than a well-diggers butt. (:

M2Wild
02-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Rolling my dice hoping the roof holds. It should as I over built the damn thing. Will see.

Fire Joe
02-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks for asking. I say we pretty much dodged a bullet here in St. Louis City. Just colder than a well-diggers butt. (:

Wish I could say the same. Close to 15" of snow here. My back is killing me from having to shovel the driveway. Next time Lowe's gets a shipment of snowblowers in, I am definitely buying one! :roflblack:

CyncySpyder
02-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Tho, just north of us and to the east, Indiana got a lot of ice or sleet, covered everything & downed branches causing electric to go out for many. I saw last night on the news, that In part of Chicago, ppl had to leave their cars sitting on the highway & walk to safety. A day later, all their cars are still there & almost intirely covered with snow :yikes:

We definitely dodged the bullet here in Cycny, I couldn't ryde the past 2 days do to sleet & rain, but was able to ryde in to work today. 19 degrees & everyone thinks I'm insane, but when your prepared right, it's as enjoyable as any other ryde :doorag: I love my RT-S :yes::firstplace:

TicketBait
02-03-2011, 11:46 AM
really hope everyone is OK,http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER%20RTS/Angel_anim.gif read in the newspaper this morning where they showed a photo titled
"Stranded In Chicago", More than 20 inches of snow brought Lake Shore Drive to a standstill as a
historic blizzard paralyzed much of the Midwest and Plains states.

NancysToy
02-03-2011, 12:41 PM
We're doing fine in the Cereal City. We were spared the brunt of the storm, and only got about a foot...although there were some large drifts. I calculated that I moved around seven tons of snow in 12 hours...at least a third of that shoveled. I also raked the snow off the roof. Thankless job, that requires cutting it into blocks and shoveling it up afterward. The sun is shining brightly now...and they even plowed our street for the first time in a month.

Chicago got slammed...that's for sure. Even more amazing than the pictures of the hundreds of cars abandoned on Lakeshore Drive, was the fact that the Drive was open this morning! Those folks know how to move snow.....and cars.

DynamoBT
02-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Twenty inches easily over two days of storms. That it came in batches made it better. I plowed three separate times. But, we're all cleared out. My driveway is shrinking a bit as now the mounds on the sides of the drive are frozen and can't be pushed with the plow when I'm adding more snow to them. And the plow only pushes the snow just so high. It's not a bucket loader!

I have a saint of a husband who shovels and shovels and shovels all our walks and doggie trails. There are days of shoveling left to do because there is so much needing to be cleared. But we manage. When we can't, it will be time to move.

JJW SpyderRider
02-03-2011, 01:16 PM
I live north west of Chicago and we had 18" to 24" :gaah:. The wind was wicked all night with some major drifts. The Nation Guard had to rescue people of the Interstate and county roads. The photo is looking out of my office. The highway dept did a great job of having the roads back open within a few hours after the snow stopped. :firstplace:

rogerb
02-03-2011, 02:17 PM
We lucked out here, 16 miles from coast 12" of snow but no sleet, rain or ice. Just snow. Come on Spring my joints can't take too many more storms. :pray:

Yazz
02-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Its in the 20's here. Houston got freezing rain and the whole place is shut down. Outside it sounds like Christmas morning. No cars on the road.

Its supposed to get into the 50's tomorrow. Maybe then I can pick up Spydee from the dealer. :pray:

rcantrell52
02-04-2011, 12:38 PM
It's in the mid-20s with snow on top of ice in Tyler, Texas and the trike class we were supposed to do this weekend has been rescheduled.
Regards,
Reese

Black OPS 1
02-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Below 0 had high winds and snow. No riding now was 72 degrees day before it snowed. Went for a long spin. Hope it warms up soon. Hope you all are doing OK:ohyea:

ataDude
02-04-2011, 02:02 PM
I have hibernated in the city of Allen, TX... 20 miles north of Dallas. We got another 4-6" of snow last night and this morning. That's on top of the ice we've have for the last 3-4 days.

We're not used to extended winters down here. :helpsmilie: