PDA

View Full Version : SRL ... Spyder Racing League

spyder3rdr
01-30-2011, 01:12 AM
I would like to see how much interest we can generate about a Spyder Racing League ! how many owners would be interested in racing their Spyder on a road-course ...

Bullet24
01-30-2011, 01:46 AM
I would like to see how much interest we can generate about a Spyder Racing League ! how many owners would be interested in racing their Spyder on a road-course ...

Sounds like a plan! :thumbup: :yes:

SpyderWolf
01-30-2011, 07:08 PM
I am interested in learning more about this idea. I am sure there are a whole lot more questions than answers right now though. Such as will my insurance company drop me if I participate, and will BRP void my warranty? :dontknow:

Bullet24
01-30-2011, 07:18 PM
I am interested in learning more about this idea. I am sure there are a whole lot more questions than answers right now though. Such as will my insurance company drop me if I participate, and will BRP void my warranty? :dontknow:

If it was a real league with real prizes etc. I would be purchasing a new spyder and just doing performance mmods on it.

SpyderWolf
01-30-2011, 07:20 PM
If it was a real league with real prizes etc. I would be purchasing a new spyder and just doing performance mmods on it.

That would make sense as well. I guess I need to think outside the box a little more. :D

docdoru
01-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Any time :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

StriperKing
01-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Sounds good, just need to figure out how to squeeze a kawi 1400 in there. :firstplace:

Barbary
01-30-2011, 09:11 PM

I knew u'd say that doc....:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack :

Bullet24
01-30-2011, 09:18 PM
That would make sense as well. I guess I need to think outside the box a little more. :D

:thumbup::thumbup:

Bullet24
01-30-2011, 09:20 PM
I have been wanting to go to Sac city speedway or infinion raceway on a track day to see what I could do on a road course with the spyder. May have to look into it a little more, you have revamped my interest :thumbup:

patches
01-31-2011, 02:24 PM
I thought the local LEO's and Highway patrol already thought I started one..hehe. Count me in..we need to take the bikes up to VIR..went last year, lots of fun.

altonk
01-31-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm there

Raptor
01-31-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm with Bullet24. A new platform would definitely be in order. There would probably have to be different classes as well. Stock, modifieds, and then perhaps an "unlimited" class, where anything goes! :ohyea: This sounds like fun...

sylblk
02-01-2011, 01:43 AM
i'm in. half way between infineon and laguna seca either one's good for me. wander how many are needed to rent track and keep it price reasonable... raptor, we are close enough to get something started, please keep me posted.

Raptor
02-01-2011, 02:29 AM
i'm in. half way between infineon and laguna seca either one's good for me. wander how many are needed to rent track and keep it price reasonable... raptor, we are close enough to get something started, please keep me posted.

Good question. I have a friend who races classic sports cars at both tracks. I could bounce a question or two off of him and see if he can provide some input. I do know that a typical track day at say Infineon or Thunder Hill usually runs about 250 - 300 bucks a day, but I'm not sure they would know how to deal with Spyders as they usually require instructors to be present to give you some mentoring before they turn you loose. The instruction focuses more on the technical aspects of the track itself, where the flag stations are, where potential trouble spots are and so on. But there is an inspection process of the vehicle that you intend to put on the track, so there is where the problem may occur. But let's see what can be done...

To get a sanctioned league started would require much more effort. You know, there was a gentleman who raced sidecars that checked in on this site and introduced himself etc. Perhaps if we could find him he could provide some insight as well...

Bullet24
02-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Good question. I have a friend who races classic sports cars at both tracks. I could bounce a question or two off of him and see if he can provide some input. I do know that a typical track day at say Infineon or Thunder Hill usually runs about 250 - 300 bucks a day, but I'm not sure they would know how to deal with Spyders as they usually require instructors to be present to give you some mentoring before they turn you loose. The instruction focuses more on the technical aspects of the track itself, where the flag stations are, where potential trouble spots are and so on. But there is an inspection process of the vehicle that you intend to put on the track, so there is where the problem may occur. But let's see what can be done...

To get a sanctioned league started would require much more effort. You know, there was a gentleman who raced sidecars that checked in on this site and introduced himself etc. Perhaps if we could find him he could provide some insight as well...

Sounds like a plan, I am close to infinion and used to live in napa for almost my whole life. Hey, and we wouldnt even have to remove our pesky kickstands like the 2 wheel folk :roflblack::thumbup:

Raptor
02-01-2011, 03:08 AM
Sounds like a plan, I am close to infinion and used to live in napa for almost my whole life. Hey, and we wouldnt even have to remove our pesky kickstands like the 2 wheel folk :roflblack::thumbup:

Well heck, I didn 't think of that. We are as good as in!! :roflblack:

Raptor
02-01-2011, 03:20 AM
I thought the local LEO's and Highway patrol already thought I started one..hehe. Count me in..we need to take the bikes up to VIR..went last year, lots of fun.

Hey Patches, did you run your Spyder at V.I.R.? That would be amazing! V.I.R. is a fantastic facility. If you did I would really like to hear about your experience there...

Magic Man
02-01-2011, 08:25 AM
We're in! :thumbup:

MM

Bob Denman
02-01-2011, 09:54 AM
If Doru the Destroyer and Al are in, we'll need a class for the :spyder2:, and then one for the :spyder:

Dochands
02-01-2011, 12:23 PM
I'd be interested as well.

2Gunns
02-01-2011, 01:15 PM

Are you talking about something along the lines of Auto-X Racing? A closed course usally set up on a back runway... racing against the clock kinda thing.
http://www.ncrscca.com/autocross.htm

That would be pretty cool

SethO
02-02-2011, 11:14 AM
I am, of course in for any racing that can be done. set something up in area of spdyerfest this spring.

Lone Spyder Ryder
02-02-2011, 11:23 AM
I would like to try it. would be fun :agree::2thumbs::ohyea:

spydee owner
02-02-2011, 01:11 PM
If you are thinking road course with the spyder, better look at putting a hand brake on the bike. I was on a road course (Mosport Park) in Ontario Canada for a couple laps (pace) with the spyder as part of a BRP sponsored event. Some tight corners the forces did not allow real good brake application. I think with hand brake it would be a blast, but with the stock foot brake your asking for trouble.

CoogirBiker
02-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Is anybody actually racing Spyders at the moment? Or is it still in its infancy?

docdoru
02-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Is anybody actually racing Spyders at the moment? Or is it still in its infancy?
Sure, Huligan style...:2thumbs:
:welcome: