PDA

View Full Version : leaving for cuba MO then to NM and AZ

SethO
01-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Should be a grand adventure to cowtown MO, a quick stop at jim in Iowa City IA.

Hopefully Len and I can make it to truth and consquences NM by earily sunday morning to meet a friend of mine there.

we would be rocking hwy 44 to hwy 40 if any other spyder people are on that route or in AZ or NM it would be great to meet up.

218-556- 3994

Raptor
01-27-2011, 10:25 PM
I hope y'all have a great trip Seth. Rock the road brother! :ohyea: Be safe out there man. I don't know about anyone else, but I will want to hear about it when ya get back!

taggtr
01-27-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm here in Tucson. My schedule is a bit whacky with gigs and all, but may be able to squeeze in a ride.

SethO
01-27-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm here in Tucson. My schedule is a bit whacky with gigs and all, but may be able to squeeze in a ride.

I read there is a track there, you ever been there or know if we can get on there for a few hours?

SpyderAnn01
01-27-2011, 11:01 PM
I hope you guys have a blast. Bring back some sunshine and warm weather if you can.

SpyderWolf
01-27-2011, 11:53 PM
I hope you have a great trip! :thumbup:

effgjamis
01-28-2011, 06:30 AM
Should be a grand adventure to cowtown MO, a quick stop at jim in Iowa City IA.

Hopefully Len and I can make it to truth and consquences NM by earily sunday morning to meet a friend of mine there.

we would be rocking hwy 44 to hwy 40 if any other spyder people are on that route or in AZ or NM it would be great to meet up.

218-556- 3994

Whatcha doing mate? Trailering the spyder??:hun:

Just have a safe trip and see you at spyderfest..
I guess you will make it back... Len has to be back SOON !!!!!

SethO
01-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Whatcha doing mate? Trailering the spyder??:hun:

Just have a safe trip and see you at spyderfest..
I guess you will make it back... Len has to be back SOON !!!!!

well it is snowing right now only going to get 5 inches but it would be get in the way.

handicappeness slowed me down on me leaving but should be wheels rolling in 2 hours.

effgjamis
01-28-2011, 02:16 PM
well it is snowing right now only going to get 5 inches but it would be get in the way.

handicappeness slowed me down on me leaving but should be wheels rolling in 2 hours.

Last sunday I left Ohio but when I arrived wed night there was no snow.
Come thur morn there was 5" + of snow. Sat Morn 0 degrees to -7 chill factor..
Come Sun AM I left Ohio and the snow and cold only to arrive in Orlando, Fl at a cold of 52 degres. grrrrr

Firefly
01-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Have a good trip buddy! :thumbup:

GeminiJane
01-28-2011, 10:02 PM
You guys ride safe and have fun. Remember you are rock stars so act like good Spyder ambassadors and make us proud!

groundeffect
01-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Safe trip and all the best, Seth!!

jedd
01-30-2011, 12:56 PM
SethO spent Saturday P.M. here at my place he left here for NM noonish yesterday, talked to him today 10AM was in TX should arrive in NM this evening. Long dive in his truck but he is doing fine. Good Luck Buddy have fun and check in when you can:congrats::2thumbs:

Jim:thumbup:

SpyderWolf
01-30-2011, 06:43 PM
SethO spent Saturday P.M. here at my place he left here for NM noonish yesterday, talked to him today 10AM was in TX should arrive in NM this evening. Long dive in his truck but he is doing fine. Good Luck Buddy have fun and check in when you can:congrats::2thumbs:

Thanks for the status update. :thumbup:

SethO
02-01-2011, 12:43 AM
A little update, lost a wheelchair wheel, hit some great spyder roads, hit 60 degrees, rain, sleet, snow and a few 270 degree corners, should have had my gocam on. Was worried the trip was not worth until i got riding today. Had 1 inch of snow on me in 5 minutes, new record, more riding west tomorrow, were are the az riders???????, besides eric from tand c.

G-Man
02-01-2011, 08:36 AM
One inch of snow ON YOU? in five minutes? You weren't riding fast enough.

Have fun. :doorag:

SethO
02-01-2011, 08:44 AM
One inch of snow ON YOU? in five minutes? You weren't riding fast enough.

Have fun. :doorag:

We had to stop to turn around

ThreeFeet
02-01-2011, 09:30 AM
5 inches of snow wouldn't bug ya much but DID YA GET ANOTHER WHEEL???:dontknow: How does one lose a chair wheel?:yikes: forget to tighten the nuts?:hun: you take care out there. Be carefull out there,:lecturef_smilie: we want ya back in one piece for spyderfest!!!!:ohyea:

jedd
02-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks for checkin in bud that crappy weather is bearing down on me here today hopefully it clears up fro you today down and over there stay in touch:popcorn:

SethO
02-01-2011, 11:56 PM
here is a nice snow pic, I got a GREAT video today, I did not get 2 videos because I hit the power button twice and then did not hit it once.Some of the best roads I have ever been on, mountains to desert and almost everything in between, its cold at night but I got to 60 today which was outstanding.

Jim you should have came with, the weather sucked up there. I am busting out of here on saturday to colorado springs and then east in Nebraska.

Again where are the AZ spyder riders? Tucson's finest checked out our bikes today,mostly the plates and then kept going we were inside, they may have been from a complaint of cars we passed in double yellow on gate road in state park, which was limited in its awesomeness by said cars.

I will post up that video when it is done, the GSA1200 rider is some local I met today, good rider.

SethO
02-02-2011, 12:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEiEOrUHv3E

will get to be HD tomorrow enjoy.

docdoru
02-02-2011, 06:38 AM
Nice pic and vid :thumbup:

Paula(Butch2025)
02-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Great video Seth...Butch said to tell you we just got anotoher 6 inches of snow back here...spyder make a good snow plow! Have a great rest of your trip.
--Paula

SpyderWolf
02-02-2011, 09:51 PM
:2thumbs:

Thanks for checking in Seth. Glad to hear you are alright, and I hope the lost wheelchair wheel will be the worst of your mishaps.

SethO
02-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Well it was 32 degrees today and its goin to 7 tomorrow so i am packing up for t&c nm and then friday to colorado springs. I should be in co for a few days

Raptor
02-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Great stuff, Seth. That snow pic is amazing! I sure hope you can get some more quality riding in before you have to turn and burn for home. I just checked the forecast for the Colorado Springs area and Friday looks to be the most promising day for you.

Good luck, dude. Stay safe out there. :thumbup:

Bootie
02-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Great snow pic, Seth. I put a copy of it on my office door so as to remind me why to wait for warmer weather:2thumbs:

OldDog
02-03-2011, 03:30 PM
How fast is he going? :shocked: He looks to be having a ball.

Old Dog

jedd
02-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the 10 minute ryde Buddy:clap: After 16" of snow and 36 hours of plowing and hauling snow a ryde was just what I needed to see:2thumbs: Safe travels homeward and check back in :congrats:

Campverdefela
02-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Well it was 32 degrees today and its goin to 7 tomorrow so i am packing up for t&c nm and then friday to colorado springs. I should be in co for a few days
As luck would have it the cold is following you. We were having steady 60* days till now, but warm again by Sat. Hope you get some good riding in...

SethO
02-03-2011, 09:03 PM
As luck would have it the cold is following you. We were having steady 60* days till now, but warm again by Sat. Hope you get some good riding in...

In t and c nm heading to co tomorrow, did not see a single spyder on the road down here, hoever some of the best ridin i have done. Just sucks the weather thru me under the bus.

jedd
02-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Safe travels buddy:thumbup:

SpyderDen
02-03-2011, 11:56 PM
I feel so guilty!:chill:

SethO
02-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Got new tires on the truck thanks to jim, nearly died on death pass ne of santa fe. When shootin with some guards buds, made 300 yard shot with my 9mm usp on a small gong on my 4th shot

dltang
02-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Got new tires on the truck thanks to jim, nearly died on death pass ne of santa fe. When shootin with some guards buds, made 300 yard shot with my 9mm usp on a small gong on my 4th shot

Seth, I think you need to change your tag line for your posts. You are truly living and living life large than a big % of the population. If this is mere existence, many would love to exist the way you do. I love how you go for the gusto and enjoy where ever you are. I can only empathize with your personal struggles as far as physical limitations go, but so many perfectly healthy people don't enjoy themselves nearly as much as you do. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us.

SpyderWolf
02-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Seth, I think you need to change your tag line for your posts. You are truly living and living life large than a big % of the population. If this is mere existence, many would love to exist the way you do. I love how you go for the gusto and enjoy where ever you are. I can only empathize with your personal struggles as far as physical limitations go, but so many perfectly healthy people don't enjoy themselves nearly as much as you do. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us.

:agree: very well said. :2thumbs:

Stay safe on the journey, and looking forward to seeing you again soon.

jedd
02-06-2011, 06:00 PM
How's the tires Buddy, awesome shoot 300yds:yikes::yikes::yikes:, I ran'em with that new sXs on the skeet range today that was pretty cool too. 3rd round on a new gun!! Drive safe;)

SethO
02-07-2011, 10:23 PM
How's the tires Buddy, awesome shoot 300yds:yikes::yikes::yikes:, I ran'em with that new sXs on the skeet range today that was pretty cool too. 3rd round on a new gun!! Drive safe;)

just got back, 23 hours in the truck with bad weather and a 3 hour nap. 1058 miles home.Its -10 right now with the wind here and somehow I got a ton of snow in my trailer but I made it back.

Thanks a ton to all Jim and everyone else that helped on the trip.

Here are the pics from the mini adventure.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=609000&id=656230098&l=c0c03b63e

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=607520&id=656230098&l=89b0818c41

I would have had more riding in if it was not 4 and 7 in the morning in AZ the last 2 days.

Jim you should have met me before I got hurt, this isn't close.

jedd
02-08-2011, 08:40 AM
:congrats:Dude glad you made it sucks to be back in the deep freeze. I never would of been able to meet you before you were hurt cause I'm sure you never stopped for anything then:yikes::yikes:.. Cold as :cus: here today too Bud, rest up stash cash away and prepare to buzz the :cus: out of Cuba MO.:roflblack::roflblack:

retired1
02-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Welcome back Seth! I hope your blood didn't thin down too much in the Southwest. It's -10 here this morning, so I'm sure that it's not any warmer up north.

SethO
02-08-2011, 07:03 PM
:congrats:Dude glad you made it sucks to be back in the deep freeze. I never would of been able to meet you before you were hurt cause I'm sure you never stopped for anything then:yikes::yikes:.. Cold as :cus: here today too Bud, rest up stash cash away and prepare to buzz the :cus: out of Cuba MO.:roflblack::roflblack:

I had to stop for gas at times, I am sure you could have stayed with if ya wanted to, everyone has to ride their own bike, it was more about the people you ride with and learning not who won, that is secondary.

Welcome back Seth! I hope your blood didn't thin down too much in the Southwest. It's -10 here this morning, so I'm sure that it's not any warmer up north.

yeah it was that cold too, I got the spyder out, my buddy ran it down attempting to start it, I got the battery tender on it now. Forgot how cold it was up here from day to day. I just got done making some chili with the chilies I got from Hatch AZ, its going to be crazy.

jedd
02-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Glad you are home Buddy, we would of had fun then, but we have alot of fun now, glad you had a safe trip:congrats: