PDA

View Full Version : Sport rack mounting hardware...

Bullet24
01-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Does anyone know if you can buy replacement hardware for the sport rack? I am looking at getting a good deal on the sport rack, but it doesn't come with the mounting hardware. Any help will be much appreciated!

mxz600
01-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Does anyone know if you can buy replacement hardware for the sport rack? I am looking at getting a good deal on the sport rack, but it doesn't come with the mounting hardware. Any help will be much appreciated!

Here is a link to a post for the same issue. And I would check with Cowtown to see about getting those parts.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19229&highlight=Sport+rack+parts

dlycan2
01-26-2011, 03:12 PM
All that is missing are the bolts. You can buy better quality bolts at the hardware store. :thumbup:

mxz600
01-26-2011, 03:15 PM
All that is missing are the bolts. You can buy better quality bolts at the hardware store. :thumbup:

He may also need the square nuts that slide into the aluminum block.

dlycan2
01-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Good point! Should still be able to get at a good hardware store. I'm pretty sure this rack is on eBay. It also is missing the "plate".

:spyder:

Bullet24
01-26-2011, 03:57 PM
I would imagine I need all mounting hardware, thats what the guy said. I will shoot a message to cowtown and see if the have the install kit readily available. Thanks :thumbup:

NancysToy
01-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Most Spyder accessories do not have the parts available separately on the BRP parts system. There is likely a good reason that this thing is available on EvilBay. I wish you luck...but don't get your hopes up.

wyliec
01-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Most Spyder accessories do not have the parts available separately on the BRP parts system. There is likely a good reason that this thing is available on EvilBay. I wish you luck...but don't get your hopes up.

:agree:
I have the BRP sport rack/back rest. Although the instructions give p/n's, they are not available for separate sale.

I needed a part for the sport rack and was standing right there when the dealer was talking to their BRP contact. BRP rep said if I needed the part that I'd have to buy the sport rack. The part I needed was the lower cover b/c I broke the screw tab.

Bullet24
01-27-2011, 12:31 AM
:agree:
I have the BRP sport rack/back rest. Although the instructions give p/n's, they are not available for separate sale.

I needed a part for the sport rack and was standing right there when the dealer was talking to their BRP contact. BRP rep said if I needed the part that I'd have to buy the sport rack. The part I needed was the lower cover b/c I broke the screw tab.

Fortunately the only thing missing is the 5 install bolts. It has the plate and the clips and the long bolt and nut, just the other bolts it needs. I should be able to just go buy some grade 8 bolts with the same pattern from home depot or lowes I think.