PDA

View Full Version : FLOORBOARDS? PEG MODs?!!

stewgod
01-25-2011, 05:06 PM
What have you guys done to mod pegs? I'm not into the ankle cuff style of securing feet to the pegs.

I'm currently using velcro: atop the peg; with zip ties. and on bottom of boots. It works, but isn't optimum. Thinking about fabbin' up some floorboards.

Machinegunner
01-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Rivco (www.rivcoproducts.com) makes a very good set of floorboards. Under the floorboard is enough frame to attach a fence to hold your foot. Make the fence with .25 steel rod. Hope this helps.

IWN2RYD
01-26-2011, 02:48 PM
:agree: Those look great.

However as another option ( I like supporting sponsors of this site) try TricLed.com (http://tricplate.com/)and click their "New and Coming Soon" link at the top. You will find the SFB floorboards.

I think these are a great option as they retain the factory peg position (With their own peg) and gives you a floorboard allowing for multiple foot positions.

Another HUGE plus for these seems to be how they mount. They do NOT require removing of any Tupperware or jacking the Spyder into the air. You do not have to get under the bike to mount brackets or fish old bolts out or in and so on... These seem to be one of the easiest peg/floorboard systems available at this time.

I placed an order for a set this morning and anticipate getting them late next week sometime.:2thumbs: Very pleased with the service I received as well :thumbup:

usurp31
01-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Which finish did you get IWN2RYD? I'm looking forward to the detailed pics.

IWN2RYD
01-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Which finish did you get IWN2RYD? I'm looking forward to the detailed pics.
The option for all black.. no other color showing... :thumbup:

sealfloorboards
02-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Hi Stewgod,

You might want to check out my Seal FloorBoards. They have the largest foot surface available. I don't know what your particular issue is but I ues adhesive stair tread on mine (like a skateboard surface). My feet wander if I don't constantly look at them. With the tread they stick like velcro. There is also enough steel surface that you could rig up some type of toe strap you could slip your foot into. I wish you luck and would be happy to help you further if I can.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards.com

usurp31
02-14-2011, 04:09 PM
IWN2RYD, did you get your floorboards installed? I'm curious what the all black looks like since they don't have a photo on their site.

qasamm
02-14-2011, 08:02 PM
I've had the all black floorboard for a while. Pics below-

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=781&pictureid=10298
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=781&pictureid=10295

IWN2RYD
02-15-2011, 12:17 AM
IWN2RYD, did you get your floorboards installed? I'm curious what the all black looks like since they don't have a photo on their site.

Nope not yet... Expect them any day now :2thumbs: I wanted them to poweder coat them for me so it lasts longer :thumbup::shemademe_smilie:

AZ Desert Spyder
04-05-2011, 08:26 PM
I couldn't find anything out there I really liked, so I made my own.

Fly boy
04-05-2011, 09:08 PM
I couldn't find anything out there I really liked, so I made my own.

I like those. Do you have a write-up at all?