PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Carribean (32c here)

Vordak
01-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Hello all,

I've been deployed to Haiti since August 2010 and have been enjoying the weather immensely! Reading about your winter woes makes me miss my poor RT-S that's been in storage since August.

About the only good thing about Haiti is the weather, the country is in shambles, but its population has more courage than I would have, given their living conditions. Suicide is unheard of here as opposed to North America where people off themselves for silly reasons. The people here have a will to live that shoudl be an example to us all.

I miss riding, hot water, good meals, not getting shot at or rocks thrown at me, a reliable internet connections and my cozy home. I'll be back in August 2011 at the earliest (Maybe August 2012 :shocked:).

You guys take care...

V.

Marker
01-23-2011, 12:23 PM
As a fellow Canadian I appreciate the sacrifices that you and fellow servicemen and women have made for our country. From what I have seen on the news on Tv the living conditions are bad , seeing first hand would be even worse. I think if people saw the suffering first hand that you have seen I think they would appreciate what we have in North America even more.
Take care of yourself :thumbup:
M

Lamonster
01-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the report and checking in. I'm sure you've seen things we can only imagine. :shocked:

SpyderWolf
01-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Glad you were able to check in and let us know how things are going in Haiti. I continue to wish you and your fellow troops the best, and definitely hope you get to go back home in 2011 instead of 2012.

Hang in there, and take good care of yourself.

Hawk Eye
01-23-2011, 01:05 PM
:2thumbs:
Been there done that.

Thanks

TicketBait
01-23-2011, 02:21 PM
V. , it is so great hearing from you! You always have nice great insight. You were around when there was much complaning going
on in the forums, and you didn't seem to get caught up in that. Wow just saw a report on Haiti here in the states, and seems
like such a daily struggle.

It was just the other day that I was checking back on people who use to post, like westgl and you, 6 months is too long to wait &
post. Hope it is more frequent. Be safe

This is for you, (taken yesterday off the westcoast), since you have great weather and no Spyder.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/DogsandCars/SPYDER%20RTS/Spyderaccessory021-1.jpg

lest anyone forgot this is what he has been doing:

I will assist the Haitians with training, train the trainer, advice on security matters.

I'll be working for MINUSTAH, the UN mission in Haiti.

I can't really say more.

Cheers!

V.

:2thumbs:

D&J's#2
01-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Thank you for your service. :bowdown::2thumbs: I have a nephew down there and he has been there for 6+ months providing security in/around the capitol city:yikes: There are a lot of people up here praying and thinking of Ya'll:2thumbs::pray:

napper39
01-24-2011, 12:08 AM
im glad your doing will,and also glad every one is suporting the troups,i did a year in nam in 1968 and when i returned i got crap from many people.who didnt like the war over there,but now most every body suports are service men,and woman,grate job,be safe.

MouthPiece
01-24-2011, 06:36 AM
Thank you for your service. Now if we could figure out how to get the billions of dollars that this country has generously given to the Haiti effort to the PEOPLE of Haiti rather than "just a few", you would really see some headway.

Chris PE# 0004

Vordak
01-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Thank you for all the good wishes.

The work here is challenging and interesting, but sometimes very frustrating as the lack of progress and the inaptitutde of the Haitian Government is astounding.

We are doing good things, but the progress is slow. Getting the donated $$ to the right people is the hard part since any $$ given to the Government has a tendency to disappear... We hold our funds and make sure that when we spend $$, we do it in the right places and in the right people's hands.

Here's a recent picture of the Haitian National Palace:

V.