PDA

View Full Version : THE WAY IT IS!!

sandrunr1
01-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Woke-up this am, looked out the window. OMG!!! The sun not up yet but when it does come up, it will be glorious. Temp expected about 66 degrees. Spyders will get woke-up and trip into Las Vegas is going to happen. At this hour it is still in the planning stage:chat: but rest asured, we are ryding today. I really do :roflblack:um feel for those that live in uncivilized areas of the U.S. but we all made a choice and we picked here. Everyone please have a wonderful day. I know we will.:yes:

Bootie
01-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Dang, the temp here in Ohio is -2 deg F. I don't think any of us will join you today. Maybe in a couple of months.:dontknow:

fastfraser
01-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Woke up looked outside, foot of snow on the ground -18,wind chill -23 so I started up the snow blower and ran it by the Spyder .

Lucky Dogs have a great ride .

Lamonster
01-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Put some miles on for me. I got more snow heading my way next week. :gaah:
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/37818

Bob Denman
01-22-2011, 10:28 AM
...rRght at zero up here and the thermometer is headed in the wrong direction!:cus:
You guys who gloat about your great riding weather this time of the year are just being cruel...

GloryRyders
01-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Heat wave today..........all the way up to 28 degrees but there is still 8 inches of the white stuff on the ground:dontknow:and another 3-5 comming tomorrow:gaah:. Is quess the :spyder:will stay home again.

fispyder
01-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Should be in the 40's here but having some thing done on the :spyder2: Have a great ride:thumbup:

SpyderWolf
01-22-2011, 12:02 PM
:congrats: on having great ryding weather. I hope you have a great trip.

CyncySpyder
01-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Dang, the temp here in Ohio is -2 deg F. I don't think any of us will join you today. Maybe in a couple of months.:dontknow:

The snow came & the snow went. Yeah, most the side roads are still covered in ice, & its in the teens, but the main highways are pretty clear.

This past Thursday, Teddy & I went from our home in Northern KY all the way to Indianapolis Indiana (215 mile round trip) for a RV/Camper show. Granted it was in the 20's, but like anything else in lyfe, you can handle it if your prepared & we were.

BahaRon, I can't thank you enough for my FirstGear Thermo Ryding Suit!!!:firstplace:
I ryde everyday the roads are clear no matter the temp. Cause this thing is AWESOME! Add to it thermal socks/boots, full face helmet w/balaclava,
thermal gloves & the amenities of the RT-S, adjustable wind-screen to block
most the turbulence & heated grips & I'm good to go. Everyone thinks I'm
miserable & insane, but I'm not. Granted, It's a little more work, but it's worth
it to me! Not ryde'n is what would make me miserable & insane, like the past
day & today wait'n for the roads to clear.

Tomorrow, Teddy & I are head'n back to Indy on our RT-S to pick up our new
Moto-Mate Camper & again, it's suppose to be in the teens to low 20's, & I'm
fine with that. Only thing that I need to do is get a better pair of Thermal
socks cause that's the only thing that got a little chilled last time.

The key to LYFE is preparation :2thumbs: I hope all you SpyderRyders in the
warmer states stay safe while have'n yur fun & those that are miserable, you
CAN change that if you really want, or just wait for Mother Nature. But you do
have a choice ;)

BajaRon
01-22-2011, 12:29 PM
I get a lot of favorable comments about the Firstgear Thermo. I have people ask me it they are any good because the price is so low. I never have a problem recommending this piece of gear.

It's really kind of unique to ride in cold weather. People are surprised, even shocked to see someone doing it. Typically you'll get a lot of comments and questions. People assume you're tough and a little insane!

It's nice when the weather can not dictate when you ride.

ENJOY!

The snow came & the snow went. Yeah, most the side roads are still covered in ice, & its in the teens, but the main highways are pretty clear.

This past Thursday, Teddy & I went from our home in Northern KY all the way to Indianapolis Indiana (215 mile round trip) for a RV/Camper show. Granted it was in the 20's, but like anything else in lyfe, you can handle it if your prepared & we were.

BahaRon, I can't thank you enough for my FirstGear Thermo Ryding Suit!!!:firstplace:
I ryde everyday the roads are clear no matter the temp. Cause this thing is AWESOME! Add to it thermal socks/boots, full face helmet w/balaclava,
miserable & insane, but I'm not. Granted, It's a little more work, but it's worth

have a choice ;)

dltang
01-22-2011, 12:30 PM

have a choice ;)

I agree the Thermosuit is great and I am so glad Ron is able to provide them. But check out this thread from 2008. I gave the suit a try and a review back then. Of course there weren't nearly as many Spyderlovers or Spyder riders at the time. LOL http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7608&highlight=thermosuit