PDA

View Full Version : Information about Nolan N-Com System

ARtraveler
01-21-2011, 04:53 PM
I am in the process of installing the N-Com communication system on my Nolan helmets.

The instructions are not very good in giving me a picture of how the units operate.

I bought the two basic units which are required for helmet to helmet communication. It is my understanding these will work with a wire connection between pilot and passenger.

I added the e-box units which are supposed to work with telephones, mp3 players and helmet to helmet communication between two units in a wireless situation.

Has anyone on the site used these, and if so, does it sound like I have the right idea or information?

Most of my riding using communicatins will now be between pilot and passenger. But I am also wondering if these will work bike to bike, and if so, how far a distance.

I am familiar with the Cardo 2's (about 1500 ft bike to bike) and they worked well. The spouse ended up with these and I have decided to use Nolan communicators in my Nolan helmets--since they are built in and you dont have the box hanging outside the helmet.

Thanks in advance, I know somene out there will have the answer.

ARtraveler
01-21-2011, 07:16 PM
:popcorn:

Y Rider
01-27-2011, 11:46 AM
I have two Nolan N43 helmets that I just installed the N-Com system on using the Basic kit2 and bluetooth 2.1. I looked closely at other systems but I didn't want a large object attached to the side of my brain bucket. The N-Com fits flush and easy to access. This version works great for driver/passenger communications and connections to cell phones and the Zumo 660. If you want to have communcations from bike to bike you have to make sure you get the latest bluetooth 2.1 version. Version 2 doesn't support bike to bike.

The installation instructions were a little weak but the video I found on www.n-com.it (http://www.n-com.it) answered a lot a questions. The only thing they didn't cover was where to place the battery charge wire. I ended up tucking it between the neck roll and padding at the back of the helmet. Seemed to be the only place to put it without getting in the way.

So far I am very happy with the helmets and comm system. This was a little more expensive that other bluetooth comm systems but for me it was worth the additional expense. Just couldn't get past having a bulking blob attached to the side of my helmet.

ARtraveler
01-27-2011, 11:49 AM
thanks for the reply--the information was very helpful. Agree, the N-Com gets rid of the blob on the outside of the helmet. I like the flush fitting parts. Now if the snow will just melt, so I can get out on the road and try these things.

Y Rider
01-27-2011, 12:08 PM
thanks for the reply--the information was very helpful. Agree, the N-Com gets rid of the blob on the outside of the helmet. I like the flush fitting parts.

What did you do with the battery charge cable? Is there a better place to store it other than under the neck roll?

ARtraveler
01-27-2011, 12:19 PM
I also put the battery cable under the neck roll. There does not seem to be a better place for it.