PDA

View Full Version : Led lights

Noral
01-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Did I see someware you can paint the hydro flex led strips or am I hallucinating ? If not what kind of paint and will the lights still shine through some what? :dontknow:
Thank's

Brevet05
01-20-2011, 08:15 PM
If the effect you're after is to change the color of the LED output, Sharpie should work, but it's hard to keep the color consistent. You might also consider lens repair tape. Neither solution is elegant, but either will work as a stop gap until you can get a better solution.

Phil
01-20-2011, 08:29 PM
If the effect you're after is to change the color of the LED output, Sharpie should work, but it's hard to keep the color consistent. You might also consider lens repair tape. Neither solution is elegant, but either will work as a stop gap until you can get a better solution.
:agree:
I've also experimented with window tint that basically looks like chrome when the LEDs are not lit. I know that I like it enough to take the bike to a local tint shop after I get it back together to have them do a good job rather than my experiments. NOW.... I will only have the bike wet if I get caught in the rain. I'm guessing that loads of water will make it peel back off.