PDA

View Full Version : NUTTY OLD MAN REVISITED

tatt2r
01-17-2011, 09:00 AM
yup rode to work this morning 1 st time i could get spyder out of driveway since last weeks nor-easter .... the outside temp gauge showed 11 degrees f.
i still hit the highway :D and again all the way to work either the wave of people that i have known or the thumbs up from people that i didnt ...the girl at dunkin donuts toasting my multi grain bagel noticed my helmet asked if i were snowmobiling ...i said yes :D.... yup and i could hear in there voices and imagine that they were saying sitting in there warm cars ....look at that nut ... yup i've made the grade ......:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
i am truly proud......:coffee::coffee::coffee:

groundeffect
01-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Awesome, Jamie, good stuff!! :thumbup:

Haven't stopped ryding here through the winter, but last week I didn't ryde for two days because of a snowstorm moving through. The last week the temps have dropped down to about 20F, so you can only image the windchill while commuting.

Good post and thanks for sharing! :thumbup:
Stay warm and keep ryding bro!

DynamoBT
01-17-2011, 10:27 AM
And here I am wondering how I can get my Spyder up to a dealer to get the new DPS and some mods installed. :roflblack: I should just toughen up and ryde the darn thing wherever I need to get it and just quit my whining!!
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: All hail tatt2r!!!!

tatt2r
01-17-2011, 10:35 AM
And here I am wondering how I can get my Spyder up to a dealer to get the new DPS and some mods installed. :roflblack: I should just toughen up and ryde the darn thing wherever I need to get it and just quit my whining!!
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: All hail tatt2r!!!!

yes....you should /////:lecturef_smilie:

bikeguy
01-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Y'all are an inspiration to us Southerners. I got my Firstgear Thermo suit from Bajaron and went riding one day last week. It was 23 degrees when I left the house and I rode for about 35 miles. I know that still doesn't compare to y'all but it's a start. So keep inspiring me and maybe I'll get to be a cold weather rider after all. By the way, the Firstgear Thermo suit really works. My hands and feet got a little cold even with the heated grips but everything inside the riding suit stayed nice and warm.

Cotton

jnt
01-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Knew you had it in ya! WooHoo! Welcome to the PolarBear Club!!

caser
01-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Going to hit 80 today. Almost to hot to put o the gear to ride.:clap:

Motavar
01-17-2011, 02:39 PM

^^ I hate you!! :P

Snow showers expected tonight! ack!

caser
01-17-2011, 03:00 PM
^^ I hate you!! :P

Snow showers expected tonight! ack!

I get that alot.:dontknow:

Marker
01-17-2011, 06:03 PM

Great:thumbup::yes:, I wish it was that warm here. Hey, its going to warm up to 4C and then cool off to -4C tommorrow night with snow. And that would be 24.5F and 39.2 F :clap:

CyncySpyder
01-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Maybe its just me, but i dont understand all the excuses out there. I agree, if the roads are wet/snow/ice/salt... what have you. But to use the excuse thats its just too COLD to ryde, well, thats just what it is, an excuse.

Since Ive gotten my FirstGear Thermal Suit fron BahaRon, Ive been ryding every day the roads are dry, no matter the temp. We got above freezing for the 1st time in weeks today, but sadly it rained. I now make excuses to ryde & please, dont think Im misserable, Im NOT. I'm enjoy'n every minute of it.

Granted, having the amenities of the RT-S with the heated grips and adjustable wind-shield, a full face helmet, thermal socks & winter ryding gloves makes it all that much more possible & enjoyable.

Im the only byke in the lot at work these days and most everyone thinks I'm INSANE. So be it, I may be INSANE but I'm LOVING every minute of it.

Spyder#353
01-17-2011, 07:41 PM
I usually stop riding when the temp is lower than 40*.:roflblack: But, I do get in at lease 340 days of good riding weather :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

caser
01-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Maybe its just me, but i dont understand all the excuses out there. I agree, if the roads are wet/snow/ice/salt... what have you. But to use the excuse thats its just too COLD to ryde, well, thats just what it is, an excuse.

Since Ive gotten my FirstGear Thermal Suit fron BahaRon, Ive been ryding every day the roads are dry, no matter the temp. We got above freezing for the 1st time in weeks today, but sadly it rained. I now make excuses to ryde & please, dont think Im misserable, Im NOT. I'm enjoy'n every minute of it.

Granted, having the amenities of the RT-S with the heated grips and adjustable wind-shield, a full face helmet, thermal socks & winter ryding gloves makes it all that much more possible & enjoyable.

Im the only byke in the lot at work these days and most everyone thinks I'm INSANE. So be it, I may be INSANE but I'm LOVING every minute of it.

I think i'd rather live in SoCal.

mclaw44
01-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Well I guess I'm with DinamoBT. I need to man up and ride it to the shop for updates and not waste anymore time looking for a trailer. THANKS now I gotta do it!!!!:cus:

Havasu Rider
01-17-2011, 09:17 PM
I have it just as good as Caser. It was 81 degrees here today and I have been riding every where the last few days in a long sleeve shirt and vest. I know things will get cooler here but it never gets below 40 degrees so riding in the winter is great. :ohyea:

AMTJIM
01-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Maybe you're the reason the saying "fireballs chance in New Hampshire" never caught on.