PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak

dvmdf
01-17-2011, 03:16 AM
Hi guys,
Any idea on what can cause this type of pattern of leaking oil? This accumulated over the past month. No visible leaks on the engine but the lower frame is all oily. 2008 SE5 RS. 6000 mile service was done 2 mo ago, including valve adjustment, and the problem started after that and is getting worse. The bike has 7500 miles on it now. The only mod is a catch can routed back to the airbox, that was done about the same time as service. Air box is clean. It also is hesitant sometimes now on warm starts. It would get to 600-800 rpm and then die. Cold starts are OK. Thank you for your input.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1180&pictureid=13340

boborgera
01-17-2011, 03:31 AM
Hi guys,
Any idea on what can cause this type of pattern of leaking oil? No visible leaks on the engine but the lower frame is all oily. 2008 SE5 RS. 6000 mile service was done 2 mo ago, including valve adjustment, and the problem started after that and is getting worse. The only mod is a catch can routed back to the airbox. It also is hesitant sometimes now on warm starts. It would get to 600-800 rpm and then die. Cold starts are OK. Thank you for your input.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1180&pictureid=13340
As the old saying go's, Go back to the last thing done.
Leaking valve cover gasket.?
The hesitation could be a man handled [damaged] spark plug wire?
:popcorn:

SethO
01-17-2011, 04:06 AM
my leak was the water pump gasket which also has a gasket over the shaft which leaks oil, look above the water pump there is a weep hole there.

WaltH
01-17-2011, 07:20 AM
my leak was the water pump gasket which also has a gasket over the shaft which leaks oil, look above the water pump there is a weep hole there.

I had the same water pump leak. Now I know there are two of us.

NancysToy
01-17-2011, 09:41 AM
As the old saying go's, Go back to the last thing done.
Leaking valve cover gasket.?
The hesitation could be a man handled [damaged] spark plug wire?
:popcorn:
:agree: