PDA

View Full Version : Back on the Spyder...

TreeHillSpyder
01-15-2011, 03:08 AM
Just returned to Wilmington, NC from a month in Virginia for the holidays without the Spyder. (It stayed here, garaged) I was happy to find out that the bike started up with no problems yesterday and once I let it warm up, all was good and I was on my way. Before I left, I added a silencer tip to the Two Brothers slip-on to calm the noise a little, but have noticed only minimal difference. Overall I guess it's better than it was. It was rather obnoxious prior to the silencer as many of the threads have stated throughout this site.

Need to decide what mods to do next to the bike, right now I'm trying to replace my Z1R Helmet with one that does not fold my ears down. I guess I can't complain too much since this was the first motorcycle helmet I'd ever purchased. I found an Arai Vector that fit amazing yesterday and I think I might go that route, but we'll see.

As far as the rack goes, everything seems to be holding up just fine. I might need to tighten it up soon but haven't had any problems with the whole setup since David from http://www.rackiton.com hooked me up with some replacement straps since my first one shredded. That was painless and I'm grateful.

The New DPS Recall was done and I do see some differences in the response but have adjusted adequately. Overall, I am pleased.

Still loving the Can Am Comfort Seat and recommend it to anyone looking for a good option if they don't want a drivers backrest.

Next, I think it might be time for a Throttlemeister. Any thoughts or opinions on this for a cruise control option at a reasonable cost?

Thanks,

Brian
Wilmington, NC :chat::2thumbs:

SpyderWolf
01-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Glad to hear you are back, and able to get some ryding time in as well. :thumbup:

My wife has the Throttlemeister on her Spyder and loves it. I have never messed with it myself, so can't give you any first hand experience.

SethO
01-21-2011, 03:24 AM
Just returned to Wilmington, NC from a month in Virginia for the holidays without the Spyder. (It stayed here, garaged) I was happy to find out that the bike started up with no problems yesterday and once I let it warm up, all was good and I was on my way. Before I left, I added a silencer tip to the Two Brothers slip-on to calm the noise a little, but have noticed only minimal difference. Overall I guess it's better than it was. It was rather obnoxious prior to the silencer as many of the threads have stated throughout this site.

Need to decide what mods to do next to the bike, right now I'm trying to replace my Z1R Helmet with one that does not fold my ears down. I guess I can't complain too much since this was the first motorcycle helmet I'd ever purchased. I found an Arai Vector that fit amazing yesterday and I think I might go that route, but we'll see.

As far as the rack goes, everything seems to be holding up just fine. I might need to tighten it up soon but haven't had any problems with the whole setup since David from http://www.rackiton.com hooked me up with some replacement straps since my first one shredded. That was painless and I'm grateful.

The New DPS Recall was done and I do see some differences in the response but have adjusted adequately. Overall, I am pleased.

Still loving the Can Am Comfort Seat and recommend it to anyone looking for a good option if they don't want a drivers backrest.

Next, I think it might be time for a Throttlemeister. Any thoughts or opinions on this for a cruise control option at a reasonable cost?

Thanks,

Brian
Wilmington, NC :chat::2thumbs:

I have a arai vector and it is the best helmet I have ever had, great vents and fit. I also got a clip so that you can take your helmet on and off with one hand which is even more helpful with wheelchair balance issues.

bikeguy
01-21-2011, 11:31 AM
right now I'm trying to replace my Z1R Helmet with one that does not fold my ears down.

Every helmet I've ever owned has folded my ears down when I put it on. Just have to reach up in there and unfold them. But then, my ears stick out like a taxi cab with both doors open.

Cotton

TreeHillSpyder
01-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Seth,

I just bought an Arai Vector and hadn't seen your post! haha. I am very pleased with it and can't believe I stuck with my Z1R for so long. What a mistake that was. I love this helmet for all the reasons that you listed. Should be back out for the second time in a month tomorrow.

Brian