PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy BRP Navigation System

stevedfive
01-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Can anyone suggest a dealer that sells the GPS Navigation System for the RT below the MSRP?

ntxYguy2009
01-14-2011, 12:28 AM
You can buy the Garmin Zumo 660 by itself (~$700) from any electronics vendor and then buy a custom mount from a few already listed vendors. If you want to continue going with the "factory" look, you can now purchase just the BRP mount by itself.

This may save you a few hundred dollars going this route instead of using "higher" priced dealerships. I would give Len at Cowtown (Cuba, MO) or Bobby at Richardson MotorSports (Richardson, TX) a call and get a price quote for the "whole" GPS kit from them first. You might be surprised at what they quote.

I already had my Zumo 660 when I bought my RT. I ordered the mount from Bobby at RMS and I am waiting for it to come it.

Sorry Len - Gotta support my local dealer too!!!

David

harddrive
01-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Did you order the GPS mount kit in the 2011 Cat? My dealer said it is on back order...:gaah:

stevedfive
01-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks everyone for your advise. I contacted Jermey and Matt at Walt's Motorsports & Marine, Lake Havasu City, AZ. They gave 20% off the BRP Spyder RT GPS/Nav system (#219400149) and paid the shipping. It was a great shopping experience and would highly recommend them. It should be here anyday now.

fastfraser
01-14-2011, 06:29 PM
Garmin !

harddrive
01-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Garmin !

Yep, I have a Road Tech 660, which is the Harley Verision of the Zumo 660 that I want to mount. I want to get the RT GPS mount and the cable to plug it in, but will have to go with Ram mounts and make my own plug...

ntxYguy2009
01-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Did you order the GPS mount kit in the 2011 Cat? My dealer said it is on back order...:gaah:

Yes. It has been on order for awhile. Last time I checked it was suppose to be available this month. Not sure that I understand the delay on this one. :dontknow:

David

NancysToy
01-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Yes. It has been on order for awhile. Last time I checked it was suppose to be available this month. Not sure that I understand the delay on this one. :dontknow:

David
The accessory parts often don't exist until well after they are announced. Many of the new ones do not become available until anywhere from March through July. On the other hand, this kit was made from previously produced parts, although the bracket itself was never avaialable separately from the GPS system. Maybe they are hoarding them for the production run for the RT-Limited? :dontknow:

TicketBait
01-17-2011, 12:49 AM
Can anyone suggest a dealer that sells the GPS Navigation System for the RT below the MSRP?
never mind you got it resolved :thumbup: