PDA

View Full Version : Funeral Protest Blockers

AMTJIM
01-12-2011, 07:34 PM
About 100 motos are coming from the Phoenix area plus any Tucson and surrounding areas to meet between 10am and 10:30am on Cortaro/Thronydale @ Valero gas station. They will be there to block, NOT INTERACT OR CONTACT Westboro or other protestors. They sue those who that do this. This is a peaceful blockade for the funeral so the funeral can be conducted. The ask those attending to wear all or something white. This happens 13 January(Thursday).

StriperKing
01-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Isn`t it a shame this takes place. I would not be able to agree to the no contact. :doorag:

Littlebadwolf
01-12-2011, 08:48 PM
I've been at numerous services where these clowns show up..Trust me...it's very difficult to ignore these idiots. I've been with the patriot guard ever since they started and I've only witnessed one incident where somebody hit one of them, knocked them down...and he got arrested...so be cautious in your dealings with them.

AMTJIM
01-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Yes, it looks as though Arizona did quickly pass a law to deal with these less than zero's.

RTGENE
01-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Please do not confuse their purpose. It has nothing to do with the signs they carry,the American flag they tear apart, the chants and the foul songs they sing. Their purpose is much more despicable. It is solely a job they have chosen to make money filing law suits.
Vulture's eating a month old carcass have more integrity in their choice of jobs.
I take great pride ignoring them and standing with my back to their money making attempts
Just another Patriot Guard member.

IWN2RYD
01-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Isn`t it a shame this takes place. I would not be able to agree to the no contact. :doorag:
:agree: I am not strong enough to not respond. Our families have not sacrificed life and limb for these types of acts on our soil...

I am not advocating violence mind you. I am just stating my personal weakness to not defending what many have bled for. :chat:

pitmon
01-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Do you have to be a veteran to join the patriot guard?

RLS
01-13-2011, 10:16 AM
No you do not have to be a veteran to join. I joined a few months ago. So far I haven't be able to participate on a ride, but will as time permits. All I did was google Patriot Guard Riders, and you will be able to locate a contact in your state and sign up. A couple of friends are members. Good luck
Bob

Lamonster
01-13-2011, 10:17 AM
No, just a patriot. :doorag:

AMTJIM
01-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Semi-good news. The protest group may have been detoured by the new law and an offer to be on Mike Gallagher(sp) talk show. There will be a few at the memorial making sure this is not a bluff. They will however be gathering to protest at the crime scene on Saturday to protest the Federal Judge's memorial.
R.I.P. little lady, blessings to those whose life you touched and are now hurting by your departure. We know you love where you are now.

M2Wild
01-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Pay the Hell's Angels to beat the crap outa these mofos a few times and see who wants to try again.:roflblack: Idiots like these can only be dealt with on their own level.

SSPSpyder
01-13-2011, 12:23 PM
The Patriot Guard Riders is a diverse amalgamation of riders from across the nation. We have one thing in common besides motorcycles. We have an unwavering respect for those who risk their very lives for America’s freedom and security. If you share this respect, please join us.

We don’t care what you ride or if you ride, what your political views are, or whether you’re a hawk or a dove. It is not a requirement that you be a veteran. It doesn't matter where you’re from or what your income is; you don’t even have to ride. The only prerequisite is Respect.

Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives:

Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.
Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors.

We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means.

To those of you who are currently serving and fighting for the freedoms of others, at home and abroad, please know that we are backing you. We honor and support you with every mission we carry out, and we are praying for a safe return home for all.

http://www.patriotguard.org

JJW SpyderRider
01-13-2011, 01:34 PM
When I lived in Kansas this family, not really a church was a disgrace to the state. They claim to be preaching god’s word but are doing just the opposite! They are a very evil minded family or cult. They are bringing up their children with their same believes. I for one think the state should take the kids away before they are damaged for life.

Firefly
01-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Semi-good news. The protest group may have been detoured by the new law and an offer to be on Mike Gallagher(sp) talk show. There will be a few at the memorial making sure this is not a bluff. They will however be gathering to protest at the crime scene on Saturday to protest the Federal Judge's memorial.
R.I.P. little lady, blessings to those whose life you touched and are now hurting by your departure. We know you love where you are now.

I heard that too-- he was going to give them 2 hours of air time in exchange for staying away from the young girls funeral. While his intentions might have been good (Mike) - I think this sets a bad precedent in giving them what they really want--- ATTENTION.

Block these idiots just like the Patriot Guard is doing - don't talk to them and don't give them ANY media coverage.

The new '300 foot law' should help too.

Roger
01-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Excuse me but what are they protesting i have not heard? thank you :dontknow:

ataDude
01-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Excuse me but what are they protesting...

Anything that is good and pure is their target... from a nine-year-old child's funeral to dead GIs returning home for the last time.

They are not Baptist... they are not a church... they are a family of 19 lawyers... young and old... who stalk the innocent. In short, they are dispicable.

Roger
01-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Anything that is good and pure is their target... from a nine-year-old child's funeral to dead GIs returning home for the last time.

They are not Baptist... they are not a church... they are a family of 19 lawyers... young and old... who stalk the innocent. In short, they are dispicable.

Sorry still confused?

ataDude
01-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Sorry still confused?

This time... they WERE going to show their ignorance at the nine-year-old girl's funeral in Tucson, AZ.

AMTJIM
01-13-2011, 07:10 PM
They(westboro church and other groups) go to memorials and funerals along with other events. They start picketing, chanting, barking at those who attend trying to cause a fight for the purpose law suit. There's nothing to protest or chant about, they just speak nonsense negatively trying to tie in the Bible and want to cause a law suit by using free speech in an efort to make someone mad and start a fight. They hope someone will give verbal threats of violence, have physical contact with them or their property. They make a living off this.

StriperKing
01-13-2011, 08:09 PM
I second the Hells Angels.

vt228
01-13-2011, 08:14 PM

NO, anyone can join the Patriot Guard we stand strong keeping the news people and the nuts away from the familys so they can morn with family and friends we stand for there love one's that stood for us some gave all so we stand tall for them a wall of flags waveing in the air showing we care for them.:pray: i belong to the massachusetts guard:pray:

Roger
01-13-2011, 08:18 PM
WOW!!! That is crazy
You know i have had something like that happen to me in the city I was walking along about a block or two from time square and appeared to be a a church sermon type of thing happening right on the side walk and as we walked by they called us cracker. FYI That does not offend me. Anyway i have always wondered why they called us that we did not know them and they did not know us but this might be the answer? Thank you for explaining it to me..

Phil
01-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Freedom is such a double edged sword. I love that we live in a country where we are free to worship as we wish, go where we want to, etc. I am so grateful to those that have died to allow me to have that freedom. Unfortunately we also have the freedom to be idiots. This group does not resemble anything that I call a church. What they do is contrary to all I have stand for. I am so glad the AZ legislature got the law past to prevent them from further looking like idiots and getting more national coverage.

AMTJIM
01-13-2011, 11:31 PM
I made the mistake of not going and gritting my teeth about it, I could have easily went and did nothing today.:mad: The individual I was going to meet with did go and participate. I was heading out the door and the update of changes really ment nothing aside from the protest being detoured. He says about 200 bikes did show and they went to UMC to visit the memorial as well.

jwfranklin
01-14-2011, 12:06 AM

What I've heard and read, they think the death of our service men & women is God's punishment for our tolerance of homosexuals. I'm assuming they think the death of this innocent child is more punishment.

dancogan
01-14-2011, 07:38 AM
Wikipedia give a pretty good description of the Westboro Baptist Church. Try this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church
No one should feel left out - I think they hate everyone! :roflblack:

M2Wild
01-14-2011, 07:59 AM
Freedom is such a double edged sword. I love that we live in a country where we are free to worship as we wish, go where we want to, etc. I am so grateful to those that have died to allow me to have that freedom. Unfortunately we also have the freedom to be idiots. This group does not resemble anything that I call a church. What they do is contrary to all I have stand for. I am so glad the AZ legislature got the law past to prevent them from further looking like idiots and getting more national coverage.
I love my freedom. I just wish they make it so I am free to beat the crap outta these ignorant idiots.:joke:

Oldmanzues
01-14-2011, 09:15 AM
The Patriot Guard Riders is a diverse amalgamation of riders from across the nation. We have one thing in common besides motorcycles. We have an unwavering respect for those who risk their very lives for America’s freedom and security. If you share this respect, please join us.

We don’t care what you ride or if you ride, what your political views are, or whether you’re a hawk or a dove. It is not a requirement that you be a veteran. It doesn't matter where you’re from or what your income is; you don’t even have to ride. The only prerequisite is Respect.

Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives:

Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.
Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors.

We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means.

To those of you who are currently serving and fighting for the freedoms of others, at home and abroad, please know that we are backing you. We honor and support you with every mission we carry out, and we are praying for a safe return home for all.

http://www.patriotguard.org
Well Said. Except for one thing, you do not have to ride to belong. Cages (cars & trucks ) are welcome as well. Nothing like a cage with ice water or Gatoraid on a 90 + degree day flag line. Ohio stood a Flag Line for the Clark county Deputy that was shot and killed on New Years day in the line of Duty.

I have been rding with the PGR since it started here. I am Old Silver Honda Rider on the PGR site.

The link is here, use it if you agree.

Firefly
01-14-2011, 11:47 AM
I love my freedom. I just wish they make it so I am free to beat the crap outta these ignorant idiots.:joke:

You do have that freedom--- but there's a price to pay---- jail time.;)

Really glad to see people stand up against those people -- and the Patriot Guard is a great movement for sure.

The Wikipedia link was very interesting - they really are off their rocker.

SSPSpyder
01-14-2011, 02:59 PM

check this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP6gneH1DRU