PDA

View Full Version : who all is going to Spyderfest via Los Angeles?

TicketBait
01-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Updated itinerary for Ticketbait: I was not able to hook up with any riders
because of dates or distance being covered, so.....I am leaving on Friday at the crack of dawn
and heading out to visit my brother and his family in Cedar Park Texas for Easter. Then
Monday the 25th leaving for Little Rock Arkansas, to visit the Clinton Library when it opens
on the morning of the 26th, and then after that heading directly to Cuba MO.

via 167to 63 to 44E

Anyone else from the LosAngeles county area going to Spyderfest?
I think it will take me at least 3 days to ride out, I don't have an iron butt, but that could all change as i am gonna
very soon get a corbin seat :D.................I got the corbin seat....now whats my excuse :ohyea:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER%20RTS/SpyderCorbin-seat012.jpg

I know a bunch is leaving from San Diego......I will be departing on Easter morning the 24th. Since this is my first
major trip, I don't know how far I will be able to ride till I wanna stop for the day. The furthest I have ever gone
in one day was 430 miles to Carson City Nevada. I think I am capable of 600 miles but not much more :dontknow: I
will have plotted out for 400,600,800 mileage
sleep stops not knowing which will be used.

Desert Spyder
01-15-2011, 08:26 AM
How is that RT seat for long distance's?

TicketBait
01-18-2011, 03:47 PM
How is that RT seat for long distance's?

Suppose to be excellent, I have so far only logged an additional 600 miles and it is very supportive, I would definitely get the back rest and then some sort of highway board to stretch out. I ordered a pair of seal floor boards and will compare them to my kewlmetal hwy boards once I receive them in about 10 days.

The stock seat I had no complaints about. It was very very cushy comfortable. If you are riding for anything over a couple hours you will want the seat to be firm. In a race car that you might be in for 3-5 hours there is no cushy, your bottom would be sore if you did. These seats (corbin) they say take allot of break in, so thats why I got them now before Spyderfest.

Are you going to it DesertSpyder?

Pincushion
01-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Lori and I plan to leave from San Diego Monday the 25th late afternoon/early evening and arrive in Cuba Wednesday afternoon the 27

TicketBait
01-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Hi George, how many miles are you planing on riding each day, and are you gonna ride at night? You two ride 2oo miles for a burger, so I wouldn't doubt that you are planning on taking turns and riding str8 thru to cuba without stopping for anything but gas and burgers :D

I too hope to arrive on WEdnesday but will probably leave on Monday morning at the latest. Mapquest says 25 1/2 hours for me, so i think I can make it in 3 days.

Blue Star
01-18-2011, 07:55 PM
I too hope to arrive on WEdnesday but will probably leave on Monday morning at the latest. Mapquest says 25 1/2 hours for me, so i think I can make it in 3 days.

I am thinking about it, but will know more later on. I will keep you up to date.

TicketBait
01-18-2011, 09:31 PM
I am thinking about it, but will know more later on. I will keep you up to date.

excellent:cheers:

Blue Star
01-18-2011, 10:15 PM
excellent:cheers:
I am going to ask (beg) my wife to let me go.

TicketBait
01-19-2011, 12:58 AM
I am going to ask (beg) my wife to let me go.
I went to Tiffany's in BeverlHills, and that helped ;):D, and then I begged. Looks like I also agreed that her brother could also stay with us this summer from Sweden. But hey Spyderfest is only once a year! priceless

SpyderGirl
01-19-2011, 11:01 AM
We really wish we could go, but family won out on this one so we'll be attending via Facebook and Spyderlovers. Looking forward to the pics. :2thumbs:

Ride safe you all!

TicketBait
01-20-2011, 12:07 PM
We really wish we could go, but family won out on this one so we'll be attending via Facebook and Spyderlovers. Looking forward to the pics. :2thumbs:

Ride safe you all!

Your gonna miss out on a good one, but then again you'll have your West coast fest :yes:

I'll be sure to take a bunch of pictures and by then should have YouTube videos figured out.

Listed below is my preliminary planed route. Day 1 leave from Santa Monica to Holbrook AZ
571 miles approx 8 1/2 hrs + gas /eat lunch stop total 10 hrs on road. Stay at Best western, (2) in town

Day 2: Holbrook to Shamrock TX 610 miles approx same amount of time
as shown above Stay at Best Western 1802 N. Main St Shamrock

Day 3 Shamrock to Cuba, MO 584 miles same amount of time
as stated above

Total miles 1765 total ride time approx 25 3/4 hours + 4 1/2 hours fuel and lunches for a total
of 30 hours travel time spread over 3 days. Want to get there safely and in good spirits :cheers:
Will also be staying at BW in Cuba.

Leaving Sunday the 24th to arrive the evening of the 26th.

Registration opens 8:30 am Wednesday, 27 Apr
and then that night at 6:00 p.m.
VIP Night at the Recklein Auditorium open to all http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/DogsandCars/SPYDER%20RTS/party.gif

TicketBait
03-20-2011, 11:24 AM
I will be departing on Easter morning the 24th. Since this is my first
major trip, I don't know how far I will be able to ride till I wanna stop for the day. The furthest I have ever gone
in one day was 430 miles to Carson City Nevada. I think I am capable of 600 miles but not much more :dontknow: I
will have plotted out for 400,600,800 mileage sleep stops not knowing which will be used. For the ride home
I plan on taking a different route back through the states of KS,NE,WY,UT & NV

I talked to Nikki aka BlackWidow and she is going to be trailering her spyder out. Our scheduled leave dates are different.

I am getting so anxious that if I end up riding by myself I will leave on Saturday since I probably won't
be working that day anyhow.;) Just traffic might be heavier out of LA with the Easter weekend.

There are many riders still on the West Coast that are not aware of Spyderfest. At the Canyon Cruise
in 3 weeks I am gonna mention this awesome event.

On a side note I must confess that when I first learned of Spyderfest being in Cuba MO, I thought the
state abbreviation was for Montana, not Missouri. :shocked: Let's just say I gave pincussion & antyk a good laugh
when they corrected me :roflblack::D

Will be bringing along 2 reda gas cans also that I got from magic man :thumbup:

I am replacing my rear tire next week, and having them put in RideOn.

TicketBait

SpyderGirl
03-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Be careful coming across Wyoming and Utah that time of the year. With the way the weather has been lately it could be nasty. Ride safe and have a great time!!

Ken5517 / Wish Again
03-20-2011, 01:06 PM
hey TicketBait

I will be leaving 5am Monday morning and the first night will be in Albuquerque, NM and the second night is in cuba - but we are stopping in Amarillo TX at the Big Texan for breakfast / lunch.

we could meet in NM and you could run with us the rest of the way.

crazycanuck
03-20-2011, 08:05 PM
I will be leaving Seattle on Monday morning so I might meet up with some of you along the way, just don't know which route I am taking yet.

Pincushion
03-20-2011, 11:33 PM
My Wife and I are ryding out with "Ken5517 / Wish Again" call us if you want to meet up along the way...

crazycanuck
03-21-2011, 09:56 AM
My Wife and I are ryding out with "Ken5517 / Wish Again" call us if you want to meet up along the way...

I thought you were going to get to Cuba on wed afternoon where Ken is doing it in 2 days:dontknow:

Pincushion
03-21-2011, 10:48 AM
I thought you were going to get to Cuba on wed afternoon where Ken is doing it in 2 days:dontknow:

Might make it two days and a short 100-150 miles on the morning of the third day!

crazycanuck
03-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Might make it two days and a short 100-150 miles on the morning of the third day!

ok that makes sense, might be able to meet you guys on the second day depending on where you stop for the night.

TicketBait
03-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Be careful coming across Wyoming and Utah that time of the year. With the way the weather has been lately it could be nasty. Ride safe and have a great time!!

Thanks for the advise, I will definitely be checking my route for accessibility :doorag:

hey TicketBait

I will be leaving 5am Monday morning and the first night will be in Albuquerque, NM and the second night is in cuba - but we are stopping in Amarillo TX at the Big Texan for breakfast / lunch.

we could meet in NM and you could run with us the rest of the way.

I will know so much more after my first full day of riding ,as to what distance I am capable of, will try to hook up with you in Amarillo TX. Before heading off I will give you my cell # so we can stay in contact.:thumbup:

fastfraser
03-24-2011, 03:10 PM
:dontknow: Whats this Spyderfest thing all about ?

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::shemademe_smilie :

Ken5517 / Wish Again
03-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the advise, I will definitely be checking my route for accessibility :doorag:

I will know so much more after my first full day of riding ,as to what distance I am capable of, will try to hook up with you in Amarillo TX. Before heading off I will give you my cell # so we can stay in contact.:thumbup:

Sounds good :2thumbs:

TicketBait
04-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Updated itinerary for Ticketbait: I was not able to hook up with any riders
because of dates or distance being covered, so.....I am leaving on Friday the 22nd at
the crack of dawn (yeah right, sounds good though) First stop is Benson AZ, (545 miles )
then on to Sonora, TX (651 miles) and then a short 197 miles to visit my brother and
his family in Cedar Park Texas for Easter. Then Monday the 25th leaving for Little Rock Arkansas,
to visit the Clinton Library when it opens on the morning of the 26th, and then after
that heading directly to Cuba MO. Probably arrive around 7 pm Tues., trying for a little earlier so I could
make the RT66 dinner, but don't know. Everything is with weather permitting and my Corbin seat
and butt getting along:D
(via 167to 63 to 44E) is this a good way to go from Little Rock?:dontknow:

Did I mention I am soooooooooooooo EXCITED:yes::yes::yes: