PDA

View Full Version : 1st Ride of the Year 2011

GloryRyders
01-01-2011, 01:52 PM
:clap:Went out for breakfast this morning.......27 degrees:gaah:but it was great to be out on the :spyder2:. Nothing like breakfast at Cracker Barrel and a refreshing ride to start the new year off in grand style:2thumbs:

2NFrnt
01-01-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm with you Jim, just had to get out this morning on the first day of a new year. It was 21 degrees here so I suited up appropriately and off I went and it was great. Did come home and take my drivers backrest off, so much padding in the winter gear had me sitting to far forward. Now that I know my winter gear is good I'm in the mood to do it everyday the roads are clear.:D

Sam

Boriken
01-01-2011, 02:43 PM
I had to do it too Jim, but here in South Jersey the temperatures are hovering in the mid 30s. Nice riding weather with some slush on the side streets and wet pavement else where from the melting snow.

spyder77
01-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Went out yesterday for a 40 mile ride at 35 degrees. Headin' out soon for a 50 mile run and it's still in the low 20's. But the good news is the sky is blue and the sun is shining!!!!! :doorag:

SpyderWolf
01-01-2011, 03:15 PM
I just got back from a little 75 mile jaunt. The temps were good, in the 60s, but the wind was blowing pretty strong as storms are on the way. The ride was cut short because my father in law did not want to get wet on his Suzuki Boulevard. :gaah:

Firefly
01-01-2011, 03:16 PM
I see I'm not the only one that HAD to get out and ride today to start the new year off..:2thumbs:

We had a heatwave here of 42 degrees---- so I got 70 miles in today---- was 33 degrees when I got back home.....

Ahh--- great start to the new year! :2thumbs:

bruiser
01-01-2011, 05:37 PM
We started out good, then everything went south. Had 40 of us, Guardian Brotherhood and Blue Knights, out for our annual New Years day ride. Started out nice, we knew rain was predicted for late afternoon. But half way through the ride we ran into more and more rain. One road we were on had mud on it from a construction area. Spydee was ok but there was a Tri Glide in front of me and he got a little squirrelly.All of us got dirty, especially those in the back of the pack. We stopped at a small gas station to decide what to do. Everyone decided to abort the mission and head back to base. I noticed when we stopped that there was a smell of burning oil on hot exhaust. I thought it was another bike. Nope, it was my RTS. Couldn't see anything leaking. Also noticed the wife's vest, helmet and the back of the :spyder2: were covered in dirt/mud. :mad: Got home gave the :spyder: a good look over, I didn't see any oil leaks, the exhaust as far as I can see, is dry and shows no signs of oil. Oil level is right at the top. Going to look it over again in the morning. Since it's got almost 2900 miles I'll take it in for service and have them give it a good look over. Now all I need to do is find a good mud flap for the rear tire so mama can stay a little cleaner. :lecturef_smilie:

Sarge707
01-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Got 75 nice miles in and it was 45-50 degrees after a Blizzard last weekend? Gotta ride ONCE a week to keep that Rotax Humming.:D

XLT
01-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Got 75 nice miles in and it was 45-50 degrees after a Blizzard last weekend? Gotta ride ONCE a week to keep that Rotax Humming.:D
:2thumbs:
me as well

Barbary
01-01-2011, 07:25 PM
it was a brisk mid 70 something out there this morning... had to think about putting on a long sleeve shirt... but decided against it... :roflblack::roflblack: took it like a man and headed out for a nice ride...

what a way to start off 2011....

Happy New Year to one and all.....dan

Oldmanzues
01-01-2011, 07:32 PM
I went out to meet the local members of one of my motorcycle clubs for a new Years day ride. Weather 40 + but raining a little. Several members, but one motorcycle, my Spyder RT.

Local McDonalds was the site. Spend a lot of time talking to a couple about the Spyder, They stopped eating to go look at it.

One of our members said, he knew if anybody rode, it would be me. Now is that a good thing or a bad thing ?
OldManZues

Dragonrider
01-01-2011, 11:44 PM
I don't ever choose to ride in the rain - period. However it was a brisk 33, with ice on the pumpkins, and fairly dry roads. At least she got to run around a bit and warm up to flush some of the moisture out of the exhaust.... :clap:

Hopefully, I'll get a ryde tomorrow too, before I'm forced off for 4 weeks...

flamingobabe
01-02-2011, 01:23 AM
I got in 62.5 miles today...wanted to go further...but needed to get back home....

NewRider
01-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Rode my '09 SE5 home from Action Motorsports in Lafayette today. (Had the DPS recall done last week.) Outside temperature 23 degrees...not my idea of fun, but at least I was dressed for it. Lotsa odd looks from the cage drivers, but that's nothing new...;)