PDA

View Full Version : Spider in Chiang Mia Thailand

burg650
12-30-2010, 10:45 PM
While at a local car/bike show here in Chiangma Mia I spotted this, you can now buy the RS here but for only US$55,000. RT will be later next year for about US$70,000, I was able to chat with the local dealer and he said the RS is already sold out for now.

PS: I am using a iPad and don't know how to attach the photo, sorry.

WackyDan
12-30-2010, 10:54 PM
While at a local car/bike show here in Chiangma Mia I spotted this, you can now buy the RS here but for only US$55,000. RT will be later next year for about US$70,000, I was able to chat with the local dealer and he said the RS is already sold out for now.

PS: I am using a iPad and don't know how to attach the photo, sorry.

Makes sense. In Singapore, Mini's were going for over $100k USD back in 2004... Due to the taxes imposed on vehicles.

boborgera
12-31-2010, 12:32 AM
Makes sense. In Singapore, Mini's were going for over $100k USD back in 2004... Due to the taxes imposed on vehicles.

Thailand like most exporting countries tax coming in but not going out, Last July i bought a new Kawasaki Er-6n,[Made in Thailand]
And it cost me 61 hundred Jersey dollars; out the door tax included. :2thumbs:

SpyderWolf
12-31-2010, 09:49 AM
Hmmm, what does it take to become a Spyder exporter? It looks like it might just be a great opportunity. :dontknow:

Motavar
01-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Hmmm, what does it take to become a Spyder exporter? It looks like it might just be a great opportunity. :dontknow:

It's easy to become an exporter!!

A very fast boat, night vision goggles, and 7' x 8' storage space for the spyder :)

hehehehe

SpyderWolf
01-01-2011, 09:46 PM
It's easy to become an exporter!!

A very fast boat, night vision goggles, and 7' x 8' storage space for the spyder :)

hehehehe

:shocked: That sounds like some other kind of exporters, or importers, like the ones that require large guns. :roflblack:

rogerb
01-02-2011, 09:06 AM
At the prices they pay it wouldn't take too many units to make it worthwhile to smuggle them in. We complain about the price here when they pay over 100% more there. :yikes:

SpyderWolf
01-02-2011, 09:59 AM
At the prices they pay it wouldn't take too many units to make it worthwhile to smuggle them in. We complain about the price here when they pay over 100% more there. :yikes:

It definitely sounds like it would be worthwhile, but I think I would want to try it the legal way first. :D

wyliec
01-02-2011, 10:07 AM
It definitely sounds like it would be worthwhile, but I think I would want to try it the legal way first. :D

I don't mean to offend anyone; but, I don't think of a large wealthy population when I think of Thailand. I'm sure there are some wealthy people; but, enough to sustain the sale of many spyders? Are there that many expatriates there?

I do know that there are a lot of 2 wheelers used throughout all S.E. Asia; however, I'm fairly certain that the price of those don't come anywhere close to the spyder's price tag there.

SpyderWolf
01-02-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't mean to offend anyone; but, I don't think of a large wealthy population when I think of Thailand. I'm sure there are some wealthy people; but, enough to sustain the sale of many spyders? Are there that many expatriates there?

I do know that there are a lot of 2 wheelers used throughout all S.E. Asia; however, I'm fairly certain that the price of those don't come anywhere close to the spyder's price tag there.

You have a point about the pricing of the 2 wheelers as well. Most of the ones they ride are probably made over there in the first place, so they don't have to worry about the import taxes on those.

At the same time, it never ceases to amaze me as to where money might be found where you least expect it. I constantly see young people driving cars around here that there was no way I could ever afford when I was their age. Heck, to be honest, I would have a hard time affording some of them now. I have no idea where they get the money when the unemployment level is extremely high around here. :dontknow: I guess it just goes to show that if someone wants something bad enough, they will do whatever they have to in order to pay for it.

burg650
01-02-2011, 01:16 PM

You might be surprise to know that Thailand as a large wealthy population especially in Bangkok and paying $50,000.00 for a Spyder that will be rear is not much to pay. Harleys cost twice as much as a Spyder and they are also sell out even before they even leave the states.

WackyDan
01-03-2011, 09:46 AM

Again, the gov't fees are part of the price. The dealers in Thailand aren't making much more profit than dealers anywhere else.