PDA

View Full Version : Who has an aftermarket exhaust?

Texmac1011
12-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Does anyone in the DFW or surrounding areas have a different exhaust? I was told my stock sounds like a sewing machine and I can't live with that. I ride with a bunch of Harley owners. I would love to hear something different in person. Maybe a Hindle or single 2 Bros.

Thanks

IWN2RYD
12-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Does anyone in the DFW or surrounding areas have a different exhaust? I was told my stock sounds like a sewing machine and I can't live with that. I ride with a bunch of Harley owners. I would love to hear something different in person. Maybe a Hindle or single 2 Bros.

Thanks

I do not live close enough to be of any real help. But I though a few words is better than reading your thread and moving on... ;)

The Hindle has a rather nice low rumble sound and is superior to the factory system.

The Two Brothers is a cross between a high end four stroke ATV sound and the Hindle. So it still has a very pleasing rumble type sound (Not the ratty cheap ATV sound), but not to quiet or two loud (Subjective I know).

Lastly... Every single Spyder owner that I have personally met (RS or RT) that have the Hindle always make a point in coming to me to comment on how much nicer the Two Brothers sounds compared to their Hindle...

And in no way shape or form would I buy a Hindle over the Two Brothers unless the law made it so or the price was almost free. :opps:

So there is my $.02

Texmac1011
12-30-2010, 08:47 PM
I do not live close enough to be of any real help. But I though a few words is better than reading your thread and moving on... ;)

The Hindle has a rather nice low rumble sound and is superior to the factory system.

The Two Brothers is a cross between a high end four stroke ATV sound and the Hindle. So it still has a very pleasing rumble type sound (Not the ratty cheap ATV sound), but not to quiet or two loud (Subjective I know).

Lastly... Every single Spyder owner that I have personally met (RS or RT) that have the Hindle always make a point in coming to me to comment on how much nicer the Two Brothers sounds compared to their Hindle...

And in no way shape or form would I buy a Hindle over the Two Brothers unless the law made it so or the price was almost free. :opps:

So there is my $.02

Thanks for your input. I suspect I would like them both, so I need to hear them. I can hear them all in Cuba in April, but would rather not wait that long. Again, thanks.

bcspyder
12-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Leo Vince. Awesome quality and without the baffles will get everyones attention. Put the baffles in however, and you still have a nice rumble and the neighbors are happy. Check out Youtube, most can be heard there.

Littlebadwolf
12-30-2010, 10:21 PM
I just got the Hindle and K&N filter...From what I've been reading here in the forums I need...or better get the Power Commander to go along with them. Thinking it'll flip out the tech next time I have to bring it in for warranty work <laughing>.

bikeguy
12-31-2010, 12:28 AM
You might want to check Youtube. Not the same as hearing them live but you can at least get a comparison. Here are some links. A little searching will get you a lot more. These are all on RS/GS's but there shouldn't be much difference, if any, in the sound of an RT.

Cotton

Stock vs. Hindle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBlXAetgwA8

Two Brothers twin exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnujO7i4vSk

Leo Vince

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ilWownbIo&feature=related

IWN2RYD
12-31-2010, 12:39 AM
Oh no's!!! That dual sounds fantastic on the RS... **Looks over shoulder to see if wife see CC leaving wallet**

docdoru
12-31-2010, 07:05 AM
I ride with a bunch of Harley owners.
Use this:
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/KD-231-5.jpg?t=1293797046http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/DSC00858.jpg?t=1293797087

Texmac1011
12-31-2010, 09:03 AM
Use this:
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/KD-231-5.jpg?t=1293797046http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/DSC00858.jpg?t=1293797087

Looks nice. What is it?

BMikiten
01-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Consider a Yoshimura before you buy anything. I found the Hindle to be annoying while riding and the Yoshi gives a good throaty sound, better performance and won't overwhelm. Mine is carbon fiber and looks and sounds great.

Brian
Phantom in San Antonio

Thanks

M2Wild
01-03-2011, 10:20 AM
I have the Hindle and its about as loud as I want to go. Very happy with it and I can hear my radio / music upto 45 mph. Rider behind me said its plenty loud enough and I have turned people's heads standing on side of the road ahead of me. Very happy with the factory look too.

reggystan
01-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Looks nice. What is it?

This pipe is from Kewlmetal. If your riding with Harley guys this is the pipe you want. Sounds incredibly mean.:yikes:

M2Wild
01-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Looks nice. What is it?
I think that one is called the Tail Gunner.

DragonLorD
01-04-2011, 06:26 AM
I think that one is called the Tail Gunner.

Not at all, once you see a Tailgunner you will never mistaken it for anything else, unique design. www.tailgunnerexhaust.com I have that polished Jet Recluse on the list :clap:

file:///C:/Users/Q45/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png

BC1
03-03-2011, 09:25 PM

Thanks

Don't know if you ever make it down to the Houston area but my wife has a new RT with a single Two Bros. and it sounds really good - completely different than stock. The only downside (in my opinion) is that the muffler part is smaller than the stock so it shows the brake components on the rear.

We have a friend that has RS-S with the Dual Two Bros. - that sucker sounds AWESOME. It's throaty but not overpowering. I thought about sending you a short video but it really won't do either one of them justice.

I would prob recommend going to the local dealer to see if they have one already installed on one of their bikes. If you have a good relationship with them you may be able to have them start a customer bike in for service...if your lucky they might have just what you want....just a thought.

mofa52
03-04-2011, 10:09 AM
I had the HR, too loud, went with TB Dual then tried the Hindle, back to the TB's can't beat the sound.:thumbup:

XLT
03-04-2011, 02:46 PM
:2thumbs:Funny, I was just talking about that TAILGUNNER pipe on another thread. Also what about a MICRON(?) , Lamont (in vid) gave the impression that that pipe may make a harley cry boo hoo...and when it does you won't hear it or its pipe.

Texmac1011
03-04-2011, 07:32 PM
I haven't heard the Tailgunner or the Micron in person, but I would have to before I believe either one is louder than this one. I'm not complaining though, I love it! Thanks for the recommendation Doc!

hipphammer
03-16-2011, 11:55 AM
I purchased the package from No Magic Neon. Included the XP15 Pipe ( I might be wrong on the number) Juice Box Pro and the Green Filter. Sounds so much better than stock- Im very pleased!

Bootie
03-16-2011, 11:59 AM

Thanks
I have a Two Brothers Exhaust on my RT. The sound is much better than stock and I have noticeably more power:D Only problem is that my fuel economy went down by quite a bit:mad: