PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Package has Arrived!

bullant12
12-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Wow! Since taking ownership of Gray Recluse in September, I saw in my doorstep today a nice Can-am Spyder box. In it, a welcome letter from BRP, my membership number, my SpyderRyder pin and Patch, and instructions on how to log in my milage pins. They also included a nice pic of my Spyder and the little info-cards to give to people when they come look at the Spyder.

Took it a while, but it was a very nice package to receive.:yes:

usurp31
12-29-2010, 05:38 PM
I got mine today too; they must have done a mass mailing for Spyders purchased in the past several months.

SpyderWolf
12-29-2010, 05:52 PM
:congrats:

You are truly an official owner now. :D

cjackg
12-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Yep! Got mine today too... very nice !

Now, if they could just get me the RT Ipod/Din Connector cable that was missing from my RT A&C, I would really be happy.

SpydermanCT
12-29-2010, 07:57 PM
I got mine today also ! ! :yes::yes:

2WCKED
12-29-2010, 09:35 PM
I bought my RT in June and have never received my owner's package....:dontknow:

bikeguy
12-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Bought my RT in April and never got anything like that. Didn't know they had any such thing. In fact, my wife gave the dealer a hard time for not giving us a Can-Am T-shirt after finding out that Harley dealers gave all their customers one.

Cotton

Marker
12-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Does everyone who bought a brand new never registered spyder receive a pkg from BRP?:dontknow:

If so I look forward to getting a pkg when I take delivery of my brand new spyder RTS SE in the spring:2thumbs:

SpyderWolf
12-30-2010, 12:08 AM
When you buy a new Spyder from a dealer, they are supposed to take care of filling out all of the paperwork that tells BRP you are now an owner, and then you should eventually get an owners pack.

For those that buy used, or for some reason your dealer did not do something right on the paperwork, you can go to http://spyder.brp.com select your country under the Spyder Roadster, and when that page comes up click on the Register link at the top of the page. You should be able to use your VIN number to register as an owner, because you will not have an owners PIN until you get the Welcome Packet.

Hope that helps.

MMcc
12-30-2010, 12:41 AM
In one of my phone conversations with Carlo he asked me to send him a copy of my title. I had purchased my :spyder2: from a private party. I asked him why and he said that way the :ani29: would be in my name on their records and any notification or recalls would get to me directly. It has only been a couple of weeks since I mailed a copy to them but they did email back that their records now show the :spyder2: in my name. Don't know if that qualifies for the BRP package or not.

CyncySpyder
12-30-2010, 02:00 AM
:congrats: & welcome
at least when you buy an RT, guess its similar for the RS/GS just with those pictured instead of an RT.

dol
12-30-2010, 05:46 AM
in europe they send it afther 6monds but not a bagde en pin only menbernumer and book , thats it

bullant12
12-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Yep! Got mine today too... very nice !

Now, if they could just get me the RT Ipod/Din Connector cable that was missing from my RT A&C, I would really be happy.

My dealer did not give me one until I went to pick up my travel cover (which I bought). I didn't know it was included with the A&C package until they told me that. I would tell the dealer and show them the specs.

bullant12
12-30-2010, 11:07 AM
:congrats: & welcome
at least when you buy an RT, guess its similar for the RS/GS just with those pictured instead of an RT.

I'm sure of that. I got a pic of my Gray Recluse (A&C package but no Federz TricLights... :roflblack:) Going to frame it but not sure if going to leave it in my home office or my work office (where a lot of nosy inmates can see it :gaah:)

SpyderWolf
12-30-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm sure of that. I got a pic of my Gray Recluse (A&C package but no Federz TricLights... :roflblack:)

When my wife got her package, the picture of the Spyder did not have the Hindle, Sport Rack and Backrest, Arm Rests, or lighting mods. I wonder what is up with that? :roflblack:

When I bought my Spyder they did not include all of that stuff in the packet, I got an owners card and a pin. Imagine if they were to try to keep up with the mods I have done to my Spyder. They might have to hire a new employee for that. :roflblack:

Marker
12-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Thanks that answers my question spyderwolf and also thanks cyncyspyder for the pics I look forward to getting my pkg after I get my RTS in the spring from my dealer.:yes:

CyncySpyder
12-30-2010, 02:40 PM
:nopic: As someone else stated, this site is SO MUCH BETTER with pics !!!

Glad to help whenever I can.

ladyryder
01-27-2011, 07:46 PM
what are the milage points for the pins? I need it in miles not km.... thankyou.:helpsmilie:

SpydeRider2010
01-27-2011, 08:34 PM
does anyone know why BRP is so sporratic about mailing owner's packets; and why it takes so long to recieve it? it's not like there are hundreds of thousands out there...

one would think... BRP could use this as a marketing tool; and ship the packets out within the first month. regardless of where in the world a new owner is.

ladyryder
01-27-2011, 08:46 PM
milage needed for spyder pins?

NancysToy
01-27-2011, 09:59 PM
what are the milage points for the pins? I need it in miles not km.... thankyou.:helpsmilie:
Mileages of 5K, 25K, and 100K...either miles or kilometers. It doesn't matter which units you measure in, the mileage milestones remain the same.