PDA

View Full Version : Home made snow tires--- ;-)

Firefly
12-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Who wants to be the first to try this with their Spyder???

I vote for Seth!

:D

http://www.dutchbikeco.com/_blog/Dutch_Bike_Co_Weblog/post/Seattle_Snowpocalypse/

:roflblack:

pitbull
12-29-2010, 02:34 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: very funny Firefly.......I can see it now sethOOOO00000ooooo.... goes in snow :ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

SethO
12-29-2010, 02:35 PM
that is a great idea, I have guys that are HUGE into bicycles for reasons I can not understand but it would be a way to ride year round.

the article makes it, "tight pant wearing hippie type thought it up not me and it kills me"

pitbull
12-29-2010, 02:39 PM
that is a great idea, I have guys that are HUGE into bicycles for reasons I can not understand but it would be a way to ride year round.

the article makes it, "tight pant wearing hippie type thought it up not me and it kills me"
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:"tight pant wearing hippie type thought it up not me and it kills me"[/QUOTE]

Firefly
12-29-2010, 02:46 PM

In theory it could work quite well in the snow -- not sure it would help at all on ice though-----

They do make zip ties big enough to strap around that rear tire buddy---- DO IT!

pitbull
12-29-2010, 03:01 PM
In theory it could work quite well in the snow -- not sure it would help at all on ice though-----

They do make zip ties big enough to strap around that rear tire buddy---- DO IT!
It would be pretty funny Seth. Not sure how long it would last, and the fact that the zip ties would be plastic, should mean they wouldn't hurt your belt when they do break and come off....i'd just put the connecter side on the opposite side of the belt.....and the fact that i'm talking about this means i'm really really board:roflblack::roflblack:....Thanks Firefly :coffee:

DynamoBT
12-29-2010, 03:31 PM
That's really a great idea for bicycles!! Don't know that it applies to anything motorized. But, what great ingenuity!!

fastfraser
12-29-2010, 03:52 PM
That's really a great idea for bicycles!! Don't know that it applies to anything motorized. But, what great ingenuity!!

:agree:It is amazing what you can come up with when faceing a challenge !

NancysToy
12-29-2010, 06:14 PM
We used to tie clothesline around the tires of our Honda 50s and Honda 90s to ride in the snow. It was great fun to use the technique to try to go hillclimbing on the piles of snow the loaders stacked up clearing the parking lots. Makes sense to me, but I doubt it would help much with wide tires or on anything too big and heavy. :yikes:

SpyderWolf
12-29-2010, 06:44 PM
I wonder if it would feel similar to when I was young and used to ride my bicycle on the railroad tracks? Waiting to see if Seth will really try it as well. :D

dancogan
12-29-2010, 07:30 PM
I've been itching to get back on the mountain bike since we got our snow/ice cover. Maybe I'll give it a try.

The guy's write-up is pretty funny. :2thumbs:

SethO
12-29-2010, 10:09 PM
oh I have zip ties that would fit from my paintball business.