PDA

View Full Version : ASK Lancaster,Ohio

OldDog
12-24-2010, 10:53 AM
I stopped by ASK to get a quote on a 2011 orbital blue RT A/C SE5. the salesman said he wasn't supposed to say it, but they would negotiate on he price some. They are awaiting arrival of the 2011's. The only thing they had on the floor was a blue 2010 RS SM5. I chatted with the salesman. He said the service tech had 25 years of experience working on BRP products and was well versed on the Spyder recalls. He showed me a BRP plaque naming ASK Lancaster as 2010 Northeast dealer of the year.
What is your experience on price negotiation and ASK Lancaster in general?
Do you have confidence in them? My other closest dealer is Honda of Jackson. Budro was telling me to stick with Honda of Jackson. Comments?
I'm not a great haggler. Out the door pricing et al...

Thanks,
Old Dog :pray::D

OldDog
12-29-2010, 09:27 AM
bump

pierrelogic
12-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Surprised they even mentioned negotiation of a price. But it does make sense. Go to any of the other two Akers owned dealships and you'll likely not hear those words. Especially the Brice dealership. Princess the salesperson over there wears the "we never deal on Spyders" as a sort of badge of honor for some reason. Hard to get a straight answer out of her too.

I have had MANY conversations with the folks from ASK. Both sales and wrench turners. No question they are enthusiastic about the Spyders. No question they have a few well trained mechanics (not the one in Grove city). But they do come off as more concerned about money than customer service most of the time. This is why I'm a bit shocked the Lancaster one is willing to deal on cash. I keep trying to talk to them about improving on their PR work with the Spyder riders but they just never seem to want to go that extra mile. :gaah:

This is why I live in Central OH and travel all he way to the Middletown OH dealership for all my Spyder needs. Aaron the owner there and the entire shop crew are the real deal when it comes to listening to their customers, doing anything they can to keep 'em happy and not make you feel like you just got taken to the cleaners when you do need some work done. Good to hear Budro recommend the Jackson dealership too. I haen't spoken with them myself but it's on my to-do list this coming year.

Lancaster ASK willing to deal? Really? At least that is a good sign!

Granted, this is just my humble opinion....

mclaw44
12-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Not real sure about Ask in Lancaster but the Ask near Columbus is not on the best of terms with the BBB the last time I checked. I second that would travel to Middletown. I bought my 2009 SE from these guys and they are the real deal! :congrats: I Wouldn't take my Spyder anywhere other than Middletown. Now as far as making a Deal well.......Aaron said "NO! Spyder sell them themselves". He did give somewhat of a price cut for buying a 2009 when 2010 Spyder where hitting the floor but that was from BRP not the Dealer. Aaron also gave me a break on the "BEST" warranty. Good luck and happy shopping.

budro
12-29-2010, 04:42 PM
I have been to Middletown & talked to those folks, would have bought there but it is so far away that I waited for Jackson to get thier franchise. I am very glad I waited as the folks in Jackson, like middletown are willing to work to earn your business. I don't want to be blunt, but ASK SUCKS IN EVERY WAY, SALES, SERVICE, AND TRUTHFULNESS.:mad:--OF COURSE THIS IS JUST MY EXPERIENCE FROM DEALING THERE FOR YEARS.----Budro

Big Iron
12-29-2010, 05:12 PM
What is ASK??

OldDog
12-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the response. As of December 28th i am "officially" retired. I've been doing consulting for the last year in my first retirement. Anyway, I'm going to see how my retirement finances will play out. Doin' my math and checking with my investment broker says I can do this. I'll be finishing up a car loan soon and a home improvement loan. Life has a tendency to put fun things on hold.

Old Dog :popcorn::yes:

pierrelogic
12-29-2010, 08:52 PM
What is ASK??

"Akers - Suzuki - Kawasaki"

A.S.K. (http://askpowersports.com/)

Big Iron
12-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Thanks,,,

Barbary
12-30-2010, 06:12 PM
What is ASK??

Another Screwed Kustomer.... :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :shemademe_smilie:

Oldmanzues
12-30-2010, 08:01 PM
When I was trying to buy a new 08 Spyder. Middletown wanted me to give the a nearly VTX 1300 ( less then a third of BLUE book value), then raised the price $3,000 over night on the 08.
Grove city ASK has been decent to me.
OldManZues