PDA

View Full Version : ELKA SHOCKS

pitbull
12-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Got our first set of elka shocks in today for spyders! and I must say the quality is amazing!!!:2thumbs: We haven't even put them on yet but wow! the color the material there made of and the craftsmenship is first class! They really look sharp, I know there made to increase the ride and control, but the eye appeal:yikes: is way cool! Talk about making a bike look sharp.....you know a ryder is serious when they roll up with these! I'll let 2nfront tell his story on how he likes them once we get them installed, but as of right now :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: My Hats off to John and the boys at elka! I have loved them and running them on the pitbull buggy, we have been racing but am impressed with them on spyders aswell! If your thinking about a set, there more than worth the money! I have personaly pounded these through some of the roughest terrain on earth and can still walk thanks to elka! Can't wait to have them at spyderfest:thumbup:! Thanks John for a great product both on preformance and eye appeal! Elka shocks ROCK!! Happy to be one of your new dealers!

Trooper
12-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Thank you for the kind comments, and we are pleased to have you on board as an Elka dealer. I am looking forward to meeting you at Spyderfest!!!

;)

2NFrnt
12-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Well, I have been riding the RT vs working on it for 9 months so it must be time to go to work on it:2thumbs:. I agree with Len, the quality of the Elka shocks seems first rate and if the ride improvement and handling improvement matches the build quality I will be one happy guy:thumbup:. I love my RT, but as others have commented the handling comes up somewhat short and especially 2 up:(. I will also be changing out the rear tire to a Toyo Proxes 4. Would love to do this in steps and see where the biggest improvement comes from, but to do that properly would take at least 3 riding seasons and I'm not willing to take that long. So it's all going on at once then the fine tuning will start. Not expecting miracles, but hoping for big improvements in the straight-line twitchiness and the twisties.:pray:

Sam

pitbull
12-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Thank you for the kind comments, and we are pleased to have you on board as an Elka dealer. I am looking forward to meeting you at Spyderfest!!!

;) No problem at all if it wasn't the truth would not have said it!....I think there are a few others on here that feel the same way!

Well, I have been riding the RT vs working on it for 9 months so it must be time to go to work on it:2thumbs:. I agree with Len, the quality of the Elka shocks seems first rate and if the ride improvement and handling improvement matches the build quality I will be one happy guy:thumbup:. I love my RT, but as others have commented the handling comes up somewhat short and especially 2 up:(. I will also be changing out the rear tire to a Toyo Proxes 4. Would love to do this in steps and see where the biggest improvement comes from, but to do that properly would take at least 3 riding seasons and I'm not willing to take that long. So it's all going on at once then the fine tuning will start. Not expecting miracles, but hoping for big improvements in the straight-line twitchiness and the twisties.:pray:

Sam Glad you liked them Sam! I'm really excited about them:yes::yes::yes: